Chapter 236: Go South

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters

Akai2

πŸ†‰πŸ…ΎπŸ†πŸ…Ύ πŸ†ƒπŸ…ΎπŸ…Ύ πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒπŸ†πŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…Ί!
β€Ž
All memes aside, Gojo's death was beautifully illustrated. However, the path leading to it and the afterlife scene are head scratchers. Can't wrap my head around Maho-less Sukuna being confirmed stronger than Gojo, especially given the writing and direction of the past ten chapters.

Well, it is what it is. Farewell Gojo.

Way to character assassinate the most popular character, all the sudden sucking sukuna off and having no regrets so ggojo doesn’t regret leaving his adoptive son possessed and the rest of his students with no way to win?

and the offscreening, so sukuna just healed and sent a slash and ggojo did nothing and took it?

im just trying to understand what did ggojo do by coming back? he literally achieved nothing, didn’t defeat sukuna, didn’t help megumi in fact fucked him up even more emotionally and physically, he hit him with unlimited void and let sukuna kill him using his body. ggojo came back for nothing

this is awful writing, dragged the fight for months only for gege to rush the end and ruin
the conclusion and ggojos character, kept maho mechanism in the dark so anything that maho could do would suddenly make sense

this isn’t even about ggojo he’s not in my top 2 but i hate a great series dropping the ball at the end i already saw enough from AOT

Honestly I feel a bit dead inside towards the series. a bit lame and dramatic I know. People talked about character assassination and it’s apt. Losing was always going to happen. The flashback felt so gross and just not G ojo. The whole thing felt so abrupt and insulting. Maybe I’m reading things incorrectly but it all just felt off. Hopefully I’ll come around.

πŸ‘– was basically a slightly better Yorozu
Don't do that
Post automatically merged:

A lot of this character assassination talk doesn't make sense.

Literally the ENTIRE point of Gojo, is that his character is undefined, he doesn't know who he is. That's why in Shibuya when he stares into the prison realm, he just sees a void.

This is the closest we're ever gonna get to Gojo's real character.

Don't do that

A lot of this character assassination talk doesn't make sense.

Literally the ENTIRE point of πŸ‘–, is that his character is undefined, he doesn't know who he is. That's why in Shibuya when he stares into the prison realm, he just sees a void.

This is the closest we're ever gonna get to πŸ‘–'s real character.
I mean Yorozu never made Sukuna go all out and got bodied.

Gojo did a little better. That’s about it.

It's really amusing how much people are feeling salty about how Gege handled πŸ‘–. It was too obvious that he would lose. I love how Gege killed his most popular character, he doesn't give a shit about fans so he can stay true to his path. I have the impression that Fujimoto's and Gege's editors gave them total freedom to troll as much as they want

It's really amusing how much people are feeling salty about how Gege handled πŸ‘–. It was too obvious that he would lose. I love how Gege killed his most popular character, he doesn't give a shit about fans so he can stay true to his path. I have the impression that Fujimoto's and Gege's editors gave them total freedom to troll as much as they want
no one is salty about the fact he died its about how he died and what he says after

if you really can’t see why people are upset you’re hopeless

I think G0jo underestimates what he did, he fought 20 fingers Sukuna plus 10 shadows. He exhausted himself a lot thanks to 10 shadows and Sukuna CT.

At the end, it is a fact that what defeated G0jo was the adaptation.

Also, I find it k8nda funny how they mention bringing people back with curses and sorcery.

So will we have 20 fingers G0jo curse? Hahaha

no one is salty about the fact he died its about how he died and what he says after

if you really can’t see why people are upset you’re hopeless
I like how it went, the whole fight had the feeling that any greater enough miscalculation would lead to certain sudden death for both sides. Gojo didn't realized about his scheme so he died before even noticing. That's why Gege depicted it by using that "off screening" (it wasn't a real off screen, from last chapter to torsoless Gojo by how it's shown I feel that it only took a fraction of second)

Last edited:
The only thing that was offscreened was Gojo's body being pierced, a single instant; we saw everything else. Sukuna didn't heal anything. He's still missing a hand and has the same wounds he had right after Hollow Purple. Just like Gojo's injuries are still the same mid-healed ones they were on that panel, and his legs are standing upright.

It was only moments before the Hollow Purple thing that Sukuna got the adaptation he wanted from Maho, but still tried to play it safe and got ousmarted by Gojo who managed to detonate Purple. However, Gojo failed to put the pieces of Sukuna's strategy together and was probably off guard coming out of Hollow Purple after seeing Sukuna's state. Sukuna went for the kill with his first "adapted" slash that he barely had gotten a hold of moments earlier when his gambit paid off.

There is no offscreen. Gojo died the same instant last chapter ended: a slash simply went through his infinity. That's why the first thing we saw was him in "heaven", because it was as abrupt and instantenous for him as it was for us.

Both characters came out looking great from the fight.
- Gojo got more than ten chapters of showing off his full potential and everything he can offer in every aspect, and got Sukuna to praise his strength and claim he will remember his name forever. And let's remember he did make Sukuna feel nervous after the black flashes. Even if he ultimately knows he had no way of winning, he is still the only character so far who's not low diff material for Sukuna, actually got him to strategize and even injured him quite heavily. Not to mention he kept doing "impossible" things and Sukuna actually learnt a trick from him.
- Sukuna outplayed him and killed him, and got confirmed as being the stronger (after all, he was always portrayed as the strongest in history. A history that included Gojo's ancestors with his same skill sets). All this, "ultimately he still needed Maho to win" is what we get from people skimming over the fight, specially over the starting parts, during which Gojo was surprised Sukuna was banking so much on Maho instead of going with much more secure/efficient strategies. He could bypass infinity just through domain expansion and domain amplification, and we know he's still hiding stuff we don't know about. Had he not had Ten Shadows, he would have simply gone with a different strategy.

Good chapter, good death, very much in tune with the tone of the series.