Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 1064 "Egghead's Research Stratum"

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
So now Law crew started to show their worth
A bit late isn't it Oda, now that it's not even surprising anymore if you're gonna make Law Ace 2.0?
At least I hope Oda didn't skip this one to the end

We finally knew why Kuma is so obedient and why they called him "Tyrant", the special race thingy is kinda overused now but Big Mom did said that she's missing 3 race on her family
So King's, Kuma's and the Giants, I suppose?

As for Big Mom, idk, Oda turn her into a joke in every of her appearance after Fishman Island and he decides to kill her off now
Perhaps the translation is correct and pudding herself is not sure but at this rate, her survival is only means that she's gonna become joke again in the future
Probably Oda gonna make her lose to stronger the horse

Last edited:
So now Law crew started to show their worth
A bit late isn't it Oda, now that it's not even surprising anymore if you're gonna make Law Ace 2.0?
At least I hope Oda didn't skip this one to the end

We finally knew why Kuma is so obedient and called "Tyrant", the special race thingy is kinda overused now but Big Mom said that she's missing 3 race on her family
So King's, Kuma's and the Giant I suppose

As for Big Mom, idk, Oda turn her into a joke in every of her appearance after Fishman Island and he decides to kill her off now
Perhaps the translation is correct and pudding herself is not sure but at this rate, her survival is only means that she's gonna become joke again in the future
Probably Oda gonna make her lose to stronger the horse
She didn’t have any of Kaido’s race, evidently he ruled over the few that existed and Big Mom was so oddly cordial with him for a reason

I dont know if this is an inconsistency but the BB who is riding stronger got guns on his pants strapped. After he got hit by shocked willie he talked to Van for a bit. And when he landed,the guns are no more.

While midfall Van asked him whether they should retreat. The panel of ( im not sure what would be the official translation is but) BB said "Blackbeard is here."

The moment he landed he blocked law awakened attack and starts charging his Yami yami . Could it be BB switch bodies? Or did the guns dropped midfall and i just didnt see it.

Great chapter. Plenty of pieces moving to get to the endgame setup.

I do think its odd that characters are still surprised about Blackbeard's ability with the yami yami no mi though. Dude is an emperor and displayed it at Marineford...You'd think someone like Law would not fall into the same basic trap so easily. Of course he would end up falling from it, but at least go in the fight already aware of the danger of ability nullifying.

Another great Egghead chapter.

With Kuzan officially being a Blackbeard Pirate, I do wonder if he is the Tenth, despite the fact it doesn’t make any sense for Gatz to have known about it. Just feel there’s been so much build to Kuzan and in return there’s really been no buildup at all for any other figure.

I think the biggest surprise of the chapter was that BB vs Law wasn’t immediatley offpanelled (although whether we see any more of it is up in the air). I very much like the first page, but I think after that the action gets a bit messy (Blackbeard is falling in the air for like six pages? Burgess just vanishes?)

Blackbeard did his usual overconfident charge. As a fan, it’s a big part of what makes him interesting, he’s still an imperfect, up and coming enemy who does makes make mistakes. Of course, that can also leave you with a bit of egg on your face when you were saying that Blackbeard should annihalte Law. I don‘t think Blackbeard have any trouble now that he’s down on the ground and face to face though. Law I don’t think did anything beyond what he already showed in Wano, wasn’t wildly impressed by him.

Law‘s crew… all I can think there is it’s a complete waste. We had a gigantic arc with them involved, including a sea battle. Could Oda not have found a way to actually show them off then? It just came out of nowhere and seems like a half hearted attempt to answer critics about his crew being garbage.

On Egghead, feel like Bonney’s age powers should have lasted longer. Cool that she has a lightsaber. Guessing that Kuma is part of the final race missing from WCI (giants, Lunarian’s, Kuma). I very much liked the Skypiea esque journey up the ship. Shame that Zoro’s getting put on the ship with his plot delayed, although it should mean there’s something good coming for him.

Dragon finally going to get to meet Luffy? The RA coming with Kuma?