Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 1064 "Egghead's Research Stratum"

Rate this chapter

• Total voters

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Very good chapter. This is what a properly balanced chapter looks like. It has everything you could ask from a perfect chapter: Commedy, hype, story progression, action, etc.

My views on the chapter...

Law's Crew:
Law's crew is actually decent contrary to the impression we got from Zou and Wano. Still doesn't explain how all of em were captured by freakin Hawkins. Perhaps, Hawkins is stronger than he was given credit for. Interesting things about Law's crew:
>Beppo is a CoO expert if anyone didn't notice btw.
>Sachi's lung capacity is on par with that of a Fisherman or Vergo.
>Jean Bart is crazy durable—he completely tanked Van Augur's bullets protecting Law in the process. If Van is a Haki user, then it's crazy impressive.

Kuma:
Kuma's race is well known for its physical prowess, meaning he wasn't just about his DF. The new Pacifistas likely have Kuma's physical strength along with Lunarian attributes.

Vegapunk:
So the reason why they decided to kill the most useful man on the planet is because of his connection with Dragon. He also likely helped Sabo and co infiltrate Mariejois, which is probably what exposed him.

Bonney's Ability:
That shit is broken as fuck—no explanation is needed. The old-man Luffy look is hilarious. Luffy's still decently agile despite being old lmao.

Zoro Staying on Sunny:
The last something similar happened, Zoro met Kaku. If it happens again, then Zoro is gonna be the hype tool for CP-0 or Kid Kuma or both. A massive L is coming.

Kuzan:
So he's the tenth captain as many have been speculating. Not really a fan of him being a direct member, but I like this development. Everyone's interested in how he's going to betray BB. His bounty is probably on par with Mihawk's (give or take) if he has one.

Blackbeard vs Law:
Law and BB are the MVPs of the chapter. I love how the fight was properly balanced without anyone losing face which is rare for Oda. He made even Kaido look like a dumbass against even the likes of Scabbards, but he's refusing to do that with BB, which goes to show how much he respects his main pirate villain. A few things about the fight for Battledome enthusiasts...

If anyone doubted it last chapter, this chapter should make it clear that Law is stronger now than he was during Wano, and the main reason for it being his ability to sustain awakening longer now. Law still needs to prove his one-on-one worth. Let me be clear again before fanatics start calling me out for being a downplayer, I never argued Law is a bum who always needs distractions to land hits. My argument has always been that Law's abilities aren't perfect, which is how his lovers love to portray him, and that a person with sufficient skills and power counters him in his own way—be it blocking, dodging, deflecting, negating, etc—if they're careful about it. Again this isn't about bums who can't do anything even if they're careful, like, Smoker, example. This is about skilled fighters that usually appear in Law's vs threads like Doflmaingo, King, Katakuri, Marco, Zoro, Luffy, and top-tiers.

Rroom:
So Law could now throw rooms around and cut people down without being inside the room. That's insane and this opens doors for a whole new world of opportunities to make this already broken fruit even more broken. Contrary to the popular belief that awakening is more taxing than regular rooms, I think Rroom is less taxing than a huge regular room.

The Power is Shock Wille:
Never, even in my wildest dreams, did I ever imagine I'd witness Law clash with GGnM of all things. I don't care even if BB used one of the weaker attacks. Law clashing with GGnM is absolutely mind-boggling.

The Fight's Difficulty:
This is the most debated aspect of the fight. I think we can safely remove low-diff from the equation. It was a wrong expectation, to begin with. However, I don't think the fight is already mid-difficulty like the fans are dreaming of. The difficulty is determined by how much BB struggles to put down Law. As impressive as it was, Law attacked BB in a vulnerable position. Nothing to take from the feat because it was ultimately Law who made use of the opportunity to his advantage. But that's not helping him elevate the difficulty of the fight or to improve his one-on-one score. As far as one-on-one feats go, Law clashing with BB helps more in determining the fight's difficulty than Shock Wille. Tbh, the damage from Shock Wille hyped BB, not Law.

Blackbeard's Endurance and Haki Hype:
I need not even explain how impressive BB's endurance is. Big Mom, the most physically gifted character, is begging Law to leave her alone after one Shock Wille while BB took it like a baws while feeling 2X the pain. He actually started enjoying the fight more after the attack lmao. That's a huge relief after witnessing Kaido and Big Mom scream like kids every time someone hits them. Never expected BB to handle pain better than those two.

Two key takeaways from this chapter are,

1. Law's Amputate likely doesn't work on BB, which is why he cut Stronger instead of BB.

2. Law likely couldn't teleport BB because he was trying to make BB fall into the sea by taking out Stronger when he could just teleport him.

I am saying "likely" because this isn't definite but that's what the chapter implies. Both of these require BB's Haki level to be strong—especially now that Law is stronger than his Wano.

Other Relevant Stuff:
1. With Pudding at his side, BB will be even with Luffy in the race after owning Law.
2. Dragon being on phone and doing nothing for the 10th time. I am still hyped about the guy.

Big Mom fans are so delusional and pathetic. Notice how Kaido fans can accept he is gone and don’t bring him up on a daily basis.

It’s like they are expecting the seconding coming of Jesus lmao
Kidd fans thinks he was as important as Law against Big Mom and that he deserved his 3 billions bounty, let's not talk about being delusional :okay:

Big Mom coming back in Elbaf is just common sense

Akainu not making a move is frustrating, why is oda writing him like this :josad:

I just hope that he sends kizaru or fujitora to winter island

One of fuji's missions was to bring law's head so maybe he will be the one to go
That's what happen when you are put in charge of a country or of an international organisation. Tons of responsabilities, paperwork, administrative and political obstacles and dilemnas, and headaches without you being able of doing what you want most of the time.

Surely, Kuzan certainely know and met Koby several times at least when Kuzan was an admiral and Koby serving directly under Garp's orders.
And Kuzan is still trying to help the Navy in his own way.
Isn't this a bunch a speculation?
I mean I could be totally wrong but Kuzan and Akainu fought right after marineford for supremacy as Sengoku left the post.

I didn't see any major dialouge from aokiji when he defended against Akainu in marineford. It was only garp who reacted with helmeppo I guess.
Plus we havn't even seen Kuzan ever talking to him. not to forget even being in the same ship after eniess loby We didn't get to see them talk.

there are actually high chances of coby talking to akainu than Aokiji. considering rocky port incident.

Isn't this a bunch a speculation?
I mean I could be totally wrong but Kuzan and Aokiji fought right after marineford for supremacy as Sengoku left the post.

I didn't see any major dialouge from aokiji when he defended against Akainu in marineford. It was only garp who reacted with helmeppo I guess.
Plus we havn't even seen Kuzan ever talking to him. not to forget even being in the same ship after eniess loby We didn't get to see them talk.

there are actually high chances of coby talking to akainu than Aokiji. considering rocky port incident.
Most interactions between the marines happen off-screen, since there isn't much focus on them in the story. Almost every time we discover that marines characters know each other, it's via flashback or short talks or mentions without any foreshadowing before.

So the possibility that Kuzan and Koby met and talked offscreen is totally possible.

And Kuzan surely saw Koby and know about his relation with Garp, for being a friend to Harp and having been at the same place and on the same ship than Koby and Helmeppo at Water Seven.