Character Discussion Characters you have trouble understanding how people like

Hard to answer that since both are consistent characters who do a decent enough job with limited panel time.

Shanks is cool, cool design, cool moments, but he's like if the OP verse had an industry plant. Oda wants me to like him very badly despite minimal panel time and when an author shamelessly pushes that agenda, it's really hard for me to genuinely think of the character as a favourite.

I prefer Mihawk, his design, attitude/demeanour is more my taste.

There are atleast 2 regulars. See some others on occasion.
I used to like Shanks more like a lot more but recently I think Mihawk is a lot more interesting

He just has so many layers like why did he decide to hunt marines, why train and tame those Baboons, he's so stoic yet has soft spot for perona and decides to cook, he's excited to be chased again yet he rejects yonko title.

I think Mihawks mannerisms, his response to different things etc have a lot of verity.

Shanks seems one dimensional now and Oda just rinse and repeated him from pre time skip

"New Era is coming" is basically Shanks entire Character summed up.

Plus Mihawk has one of the best designs in anime manga
Post automatically merged:

Like Post Time Skip made Mihawk better it made Shanks worse for me @ZenZu

Rottkins

✯ ✧ 𝔾 𝕠 𝕕 𝕠 𝕗 𝕃 𝕚 𝕖 𝕤 ✧ ✯
:choppawhat: to be fair? whenever I have trouble with understanding why people like some characters I check them better and try to find that charm. And after some of it I find a twinkle what makes me smile!

:halt:but I doubt that I will find here any fan of Judge or Sanji's brothers, they feel like cheap rip offs of sanji but make them evil

:choppawhat: to be fair? whenever I have trouble with understanding why people like some characters I check them better and try to find that charm. And after some of it I find a twinkle what makes me smile!

:halt:but I doubt that I will find here any fan of Judge or Sanji's brothers, they feel like cheap rip offs of sanji but make them evil
How about Reiju??

Vivi, chopper, weevil are all trash but there is no character i despise more than usopp. His bounty is immensely high making guys like don chinjao, izou and ace look like jokes. A weak coward who is important only bc of his father and his future connection with the red hair pirates.

The Vinsmokes including Reiju. They’re just… shit.

Maybe not quite fitting because I do get why people like Katakuri, I like him fine myself, but I don’t understand this all consuming passion for him that other folk have.

Drake used to be weirdly popular and I never really got it. He had potential but that was about it. It seems Oda never got it either and decided to shit all over him in Wano.