Fanclub Charlotte Family/Big-Mom Pirates FC

Who is your favorite Member of the Charlotte Family?

• Total voters
I still beeing little surprise over Daifuku and Oven bounty. I mean I never expect such a huge gap between Oven/Daifuku and Perospero. The Veterans of Big moms crew, overall monster who can toe toe even with character as Sanji. When Vito hype them up in same league and when I see Peros bounty, I though Oven and Daifuku would at least get a bounty over 500mio.

Even portrayal wise it is little weird. Vito didn't care about Pekoms or Tamago, both who have large bounty then Daifuku and Oven. Yet even with both haki forms and op df powers, Daifuku and Oven only get 300mio on their head. I would at least expect a bounty above Tamago to show the rank.

Now I wait for Compote bounty, I always though that Compote,Perospero,Daifuku and Oven beeing equal and in same league,but if even Compote as only 300-400mio I would start to believe that Perospero was indeed something special alongside the sweetcommanders and beeing above Daifuku, Oven and Compote.

Because that Im more hyped to see more of Compote and overall screentime for the Big mom pirates,kinda miss them already xD
I've given this some thought. The real oddity is not Oven and Daifuku's bounties, but rather Pekoms and Tamago. You can easily write off Perospero as having been an early Sweet Commander but got demoted or simply quit, putting him around the same place where Snack is right now. After all, Cracker, Smoothie and Snack are all young relative to the Veterans so you can't assume they were the only ones who held those Sweet Commander posts from the beginning. Big Mom's crew may have started with Katakuri and Peros as her right and left hand Sweet Commanders.

But who in the family stands in the same place as Pekoms and Tamago? Nobody hyped up their strength like the Veterans, Oven even took out Pekoms. Pedro, worth 382 million, comfortably took out Tamago in the past and the present even though eggman came prepared with rubber spandex. Almost like Tamago's threat level is overinflated. You can call these two the the mid-tiers of Big Mom's crew, what does Oda think of their bounties? Mont D'Or 120 million, Bobbins 105 million. Less than half the bounty of the Vets. Mont D'Or and Bobbins were leading the Enraged Army ahead of people like Amande and the Quints. Bobbins even burned down an island for Big Mom in his introduction, he's not Netflix and chilling in WCI.

You can try to compare Pekoms and Tamago to Worst Generation member Capone, but Capone has only been in the New World for 2 years and achieved Knight status like Tamago in only a year under the BMP. Big Father is much more impressive than anything Pekoms and Tamago have shown. I think everyone can agree Capone can at least match Veterans like Daifuku and Oven and consequently all three are around the same bounty range.

When I break down the general bounty threat tiers, it goes something like this: 100+ million is Super Rookies or experienced New World captains. 300+ mill makes you a notorious pirate, entering groups like the Worst Gen or BMP Veterans. Breaking 300 million is a tough barrier according to Jinbe. 500+ is a very exclusive YC territory, even at the low end you have monsters like Ace, young Chinjao and Oars Jr. who bodied the giant squad with no DF and was Whitebeard's most powerful ally subordinate by far. And the main exceptions to this are 1. Warlords and their crews with frozen bounties 2. Dorry and Broggy, simply introduced too early. 3. Pekoms and Tamago, who punch way too high but nobody in the BMP treats them like the exceptions they should be.

I don't think Perospero ever quit being a Sweet General; he was simply not strong enough.

I wonder if the four veterans' rank differs from the other Ministers as they're elevated over them and are on the Volume 87 cover.

The coolest and least boring for sure. Full of unique personalities
Not counting that they are the most morally ambigious/grey of the five Yonko crews with their strange fixations for sweets mixed with ruthlessness, a dream of creating an utopia, their members having very various and different personnalities and moral standards and twisted but still genuine affection for each other and many of them genuinely caring for Totto Land and its inhabitants.

They're one of the only crews with diffrent opinions and reactions like Opera lying to cover himself and Tamago thinking of an electro suit to help him against Pedro or Amande saving the people by cutting the candy

I don't think Perospero ever quit being a Sweet General; he was simply not strong enough.

I wonder if the four veterans' rank differs from the other Ministers as they're elevated over them and are on the Volume 87 cover.
I agree. I think his bounty is higher than Snack’s due to his age and because of that, his seniority within the crew. In comparison, Snack’s bounty being close to that of Perospero’s makes it impressive due to the age gap.

The Sweet Commanders are the main guns of the family, so they should definitely be stronger than the vets. That said, the vets are strong in their own right.

I’d definitely think that Katakuri, Smoothie, Cracker, Snack, Perospero, Oven, Daifuku and Compote are the elite of the family, in that order. :)

I think Perospero could be stronger than Snack. What we saw from him was insane, and he is really competent. I wouldn't be suprised if he really used to be a sweet commander.

I agree. I think his bounty is higher than Snack’s due to his age and because of that, his seniority within the crew. In comparison, Snack’s bounty being close to that of Perospero’s makes it impressive due to the age gap.

The Sweet Commanders are the main guns of the family, so they should definitely be stronger than the vets. That said, the vets are strong in their own right.

I’d definitely think that Katakuri, Smoothie, Cracker, Snack, Perospero, Oven, Daifuku and Compote are the elite of the family, in that order. :)
I'm not sure if Snack would count anymore, just a normal Minister (i.e., Montd'Or and Amande) who happens to be YC level.

I think of the elite as Monster Ministers, but other members still have important functions like Montd'Or and Flampe.

I really wanna see more of the Soro Soru no mi, the Mira Mira no mi, the Shibo Shibo no mi and the Buku Buku no mi. These are amazing devil fruits with incredible potential and I believe that we have only seen the tip of the iceberg of what their Charlotte users can do with them.
I bet we're gonna see some very powerful soul techniques in this arc.

I know some people have this belief that Perospero was a former Sweet General but imo I really don't think that's the case, we really don't know when Big Mom set up this whole Sweet General status. Plus the vivre card for Perospero doesn't mention him being a former Sweet General either, so yeah imo it seems like Katakuri, Smoothie, and Cracker were the first ones to be appointed as Sweet Generals and then later on Snack was then appointed.

I know some people have this belief that Perospero was a former Sweet General but imo I really don't think that's the case, we really don't know when Big Mom set up this whole Sweet General status. Plus the vivre card for Perospero doesn't mention him being a former Sweet General either, so yeah imo it seems like Katakuri, Smoothie, and Cracker were the first ones to be appointed as Sweet Generals and then later on Snack was then appointed.
You have to keep in mind the story context. The "Former Sweet Commander" info box was a mark of shame given to Snack as he lost his position recently because of Urouge. His first line of dialogue is about the Worst Generation. Giving it to Perospero or maybe even Compote would put them in the same boat, unless they specifically go out of their way to tell the readers they quit their positions decades ago. That's irrelevant info from a long time ago, it's just an unnecessary distraction to the story for Oda to be giving Perospero such labels.

In general, I'm not too fond of the Vivre Cards as I feel Oda is barely even involved. Most of the info there seems to be what we know regurgitated from the manga. Like Oven having the most robust body, I'm pretty sure that's filler fluff made up by not-Oda based on Oven getting run over by the Nostra Castello and getting back up after that. Daifuku is a great motivator in the battlefield, good to know. Apart from the bounty and types of haki, it's pretty rare they give us meaningful new info.

What's interesting is that we already have an example of a very important character who was not bestowed the title he deserves. Streusen was without question Big Mom's guiding hand and most useful subordinate for many decades until her first children matured. Capone said he was probably a powerful fighter, though at 92 years not in the present day. He was in Rocks. He raised Linlin and his food ability created Totto Land, effectively making him the co-founder. But Streusen's title is just the executive chef. He has no chess rank status, no former commander title, not mentioned with the veterans. He was incredibly important but his title hardly tells the weight of his impact on the crew. Perospero could be a similar figure.

The fact that Snack wasn't replaced by one of the Veterans indicate that he's stronger than them anyway, otherwise he would have been replaced.
Also Perospero as the eldest child and one of the most powerful and experienced members has already a strong authority on the rest of the crew, he doesn't need to be a SC.
Streusen may not be a Minister or a chess themed fighter but it's clear that as the co-founder of the crew and Linlin's parental figure he has an influence over Linlin that no one else have and that all the crew respect him. Plus having no official rank outside of being the crew's chef means that the WG and the rest of the Big Mom Pirates' foes underestimate and ignore him.

Streusen may be the only non-family Big Mom Pirate member to not marry into the Charlotte family.

Boss
Big Mom
Streusen (has an advisor role, but not THAT strong)

Monster Ministers
Katakuri
Cracker
Smoothie
Perospero
Daifuku
Oven
Compote

Normal Ministers
Amande
Opera
Montd'Or
Gallete
Snack
Flampe
(etc.)

Normal Charlottes
Brulee
Pudding
(etc.)

Homies = Grunts (like Kaido's Gifters/Waiters/Pleasures)

Chess Fighters
Bege (and his crew)
Tamago (and his crew)
Bobbin (and his crew)
Pekoms (and his crew)
Diesel (and his crew)
Jimbei (and his crew)
(etc.)

I just ate mochi for the first time yesterday (although it had chocolate inside), it was quite strange and good at the same time. I really admire Oda for the creative and versatile ways the Mochi Mochi no mi has been used by Katakuri during WCI arc. This makes me hope that Katakuri will have some new techniques and uses for his df the next time we see him.