China's Top-10 All Time Generals

Who stands at the top of all generals in China's history?

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
1- Gakuki
2- Ousen (if not now by eos)
3- Hakuki
4- Riboku
5-Ouki
6-Renpa
7- Yo Tan Wa
8- Mou Gou
9- Kanki
10- Moubu
This is a @TheAncientCenturion level take bro. It is impossible to read Kingdom and believe that Mougou is Qin 6 level. The whole point of Mougou’s character arc and story is that he was never on their level, lol

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
This is a @TheAncientCenturion level take bro. It is impossible to read Kingdom and believe that Mougou is Qin 6 level. The whole point of Mougou’s character arc and story is that he was never on their level, lol
I'd never put Mou in my top 10. I'd never put Riboku either tbh. Not when geniuses like zhiang Liao exist

I said it in my pervious list
I respect Mougou greatly cause he was able to gather and lead amazing people in to greatness
this kind of leadership is what I respect the most
putting/guiding the right man on/to the right place
recognition of talent is one of the most needed qualities ever
even if you are an absolute failure this active can redeem you (at least by my standards)

I respect Ouki more than Renpa for very same reason but I think Mougou was the best in this type of leadership
Ousen
Kanki
Moubu
Mou Ten
and more
were all result of his man's wisdom ... this feat is peerless on some levels

Last edited:
I've done this a few times but whatever. I'll list the names in alphabetical order, very difficult to make a precise top ten here lol (though I might make some other distinctions later).

Gakuki : Called the "military god" for his accomplishments. He saved Yan from the brink of destruction and launched a devastating counter attack against Qi (a superstate at the time). Against Qi, he raised the first coalition army and destroyed most of it. With Qin's Six generals and Zhao's Three Great Heavens in the Western side, Gakuki (and none other) in the East managed to preserve the balance of power across the whole China.

Hakuki : The leader of the Qin Six and imo the strongest of them. Got heavily praised by Renpa and Kyouen, another genius like Ousen gets often compared to him, he literally terrorized China. The chapter where we got the other states reactions to the Qin Six system being reinstalled...that was some dosage of Hakuki wank lol.

Koshou : A genius strategist. Some even said that in actuality, despite the Qin Six generals having the ability to freely wage war, Koshou was the one to devise the grand scheme of things with the other five being his appendages.

Kouen : We've yet to even see him on panel but his hype is huge. Called "Conqueror of the East", he's listed as Chu's #1 General, when the Chu's king asked if he'd been stingy with his contribution of Chu forces to the coalition, Renpa told him that if he talked about being "stingy", he should look at Kouen. Oh, the "stingy" contribution was one made of freaking Karin and Kanmei. Karin, who often shits on others, seems very respectful of him. He's also going to be a big future enemy.

Renpa : One of Zhao's 3GHs, stalemated Ouki and even Ouki + Hakuki together in the past, an insanely complete GG, he has some phenomenal feats. An absolute legend in China.

Ouki : Qin's monster bird. He and Renpa are pretty much equals. Ouki is one of the strongest GGs ever and a figure who shares a special relationship with the MC and who left a huge impression on him. His presence in the manga is something else.

Ousen : A military super genius, a man who was tactically up there with the Qin Six years before the current story, gets consistently compared with Hakuki, he's up there with Riboku and he has had freakish feats. Ousen is disgusting.

Riboku : The #1 GG ever. Ouki said Riboku was stronger than him and called him "an enemy of an unprecedented level", Renpa called him "the most dangerous man in China", Gyou’Un "the strongest 3GH in history". We could add more. He has had monstrous feats throughout the story and has been until now, militarily speaking, the antagonist of the manga, the man Shin wants to beat at all coasts.

Rinshoujo : A member of the 3GHs, his brain made him an equal of Renpa. This guy is amongst the best ever, nothing to add.

Shouheikun : Despite him not being a general, the poll included him so I did too. In terms of natural talents, this man is a freaking juggernaut. He's one of the top brains of his time (and often fighting against Riboku) and he's a top tier warrior.
He's also going to be a big enemy going forward

@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Jailer
Shouheikun's portrayal is objectively huge but I also think he's a bit of a wild card, given all the elements we have about him. I feel he could be above someone like Koshou outright but comparisons get harder with some other generals. Say against Ouki : who takes it/who would you favor?

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Shouheikun's portrayal is objectively huge but I also think he's a bit of a wild card, given all the elements we have about him. I feel he could above someone like Koshou outright but comparisons get harder with some other members. Say against Ouki : who takes it/who would you favor?
Shouheikun vs Ouki is either way. I’d say

Hakuki >= Ouki ~ Shouheikun >= the other Qin 6

I've done this a few times but whatever. I'll list the names in alphabetical order, very difficult to make a precise top ten here lol (though I might make some other distinctions later).

Gakuki : Called the "military god" for his accomplishments. He saved Yan from the brink of destruction and launched a devastating counter attack against Qi (a superstate at the time). Against Qi, he raised the first coalition army and destroyed most of it. With Qin's Six generals and Zhao's Three Great Heavens in the Western side, Gakuki (and none other) in the East managed to preserve the balance of power across the whole China.

Hakuki : The leader of the Qin Six and imo the strongest of them. Got heavily praised by Renpa and Kyouen, another genius like Ousen gets often compared to him, he literally terrorized China. The chapter where we got the other states reactions to the Qin Six system being reinstalled...that was some dosage of Hakuki wank lol.

Koshou : A genius strategist. Some even said that in actuality, despite the Qin Six generals having the ability to freely wage war, Koshou was the one to devise the grand scheme of things with the other five being his appendages.

Kouen : We've yet to even see him on panel but his hype is huge. Called "Conqueror of the East", he's listed as Chu's #1 General, when the Chu's king asked if he'd been stingy with his contribution of Chu forces to the coalition, Renpa told him that if he talked about being "stingy", he should look at Kouen. Oh, the "stingy" contribution was one made of freaking Karin and Kanmei. Karin, who often shits on others, seems very respectful of him. He's also going to be a big future enemy.

Renpa : One of Zhao's 3GHs, stalemated Ouki and even Ouki + Hakuki together in the past, an insanely complete GG, he has some phenomenal feats. An absolute legend in China.

Ouki : Qin's monster bird. He and Renpa are pretty much equals. Ouki is one of the strongest GGs ever and a figure who shares a special relationship with the MC and who left a huge impression on him. His presence in the manga is something else.

Ousen : A military super genius, a man who was tactically up there with the Qin Six years before the current story, gets consistently compared with Hakuki, he's up there with Riboku and he has had freakish feats. Ousen is disgusting.

Riboku : The #1 GG ever. Ouki said Riboku was stronger than him and called him "an enemy of an unprecedented level", Renpa called him "the most dangerous man in China", Gyou’Un "the strongest 3GH in history". We could add more. He has had monstrous feats throughout the story and has been until now, militarily speaking, the antagonist of the manga, the man Shin wants to beat at all coasts.

Rinshoujo : A member of the 3GHs, his brain made him an equal of Renpa. This guy is amongst the best ever, nothing to add.

Shouheikun : Despite him not being a general, the poll included him so I did too. In terms of natural talents, this man is a freaking juggernaut. He's one of the top brains of his time (and often fighting against Riboku) and he's a top tier warrior.
He's also going to be a big enemy going forward

Shouheikun's portrayal is objectively huge but I also think he's a bit of a wild card, given all the elements we have about him. I feel he could be above someone like Koshou outright but comparisons get harder with some other generals. Say against Ouki : who takes it/who would you favor?
Renpa lost to Ousen in a battel of tricks
he went as far as admitting that as well

but there is a long way until EoS ... saying Ousen is not above him is fair

Top 10 generals from only story and not real history and in ranking for me :

1 - HakuKi
2 or 3 - Renpa
3 or 2 - Ousen
4 - GakuKi
5 or 6 - Riboku
6 or 5 - SHK
7 - Ouki
8- Gekishin

Rest are quite difficult to stand out amongst there peers. But these 8 are definitely someone who are at the top in current story.

Really can't wait and hope soon for Hara to reveal more about previous Qin6 coz there's one more monster who is amongst top can be put there. ShibaSaku.

Were I to make an ordered 1-10 list, I'd place Ousen before Renpa (and that goes for EoS Ousen too, obv) but they are both up there lol. Renpa is one of the most terrifying individuals Hara put in this manga.

I've always wondered which of the 6/3 were present when Gakuki was rampaging. Kyou definitely was not but the rest are up for debate. Hakuki and Shibasaku absolutely were.

Renpa didn't admit that though. He felt Ousen made a huge mistake and that he (Renpa) was absolutely about to win that war.
Post automatically merged:

Top 10 generals from only story and not real history and in ranking for me :

1 - HakuKi
2 or 3 - Renpa
3 or 2 - Ousen
4 - GakuKi
5 or 6 - Riboku
6 or 5 - SHK
7 - Ouki
8- Gekishin

Rest are quite difficult to stand out amongst there peers. But these 8 are definitely someone who are at the top in current story.

Really can't wait and hope soon for Hara to reveal more about previous Qin6 coz there's one more monster who is amongst top can be put there. ShibaSaku.
Really can't wait. I'd also love to see/hear more detail of Koushou/Oukotsu, just for added depth to their characters (even if it's just stats), but yeah surely Hara is aware that there are still two members of the old 6/3 that we need to hear from. And actually, although I don't think Hara will write this, there is actually a guy who can easily be portrayed to be above even Shibasaku and that is Chousha, by simple virtue of the fact that he took on a war that Renpa felt was helpless and won, whilst later on he beat Koushou in a huge war which was the last we heard of the latter. Hara can use that as an immense hype tool!

Were I to make an ordered 1-10 list, I'd place Ousen before Renpa (and that goes for EoS Ousen too, obv) but they are both up there lol. Renpa is one of the most terrifying individuals Hara put in this manga.
I'm confused about Renpa’s position only because his tactics and strength both are just too much good, when even the greats like Riboku or Ouki feeling inferiority when got compared to Renpa but Ousen is single only person who has gotten so deep inside the Zhao's territory and successfully made them under Qin's banner while at the time EoS it would be Ousen, the single only person who was behind the fall of two great states and someone who has captured even more states than what HakuKi did in his career.
Renpa didn't admit that though. He felt Ousen made a huge mistake and that he (Renpa) was absolutely about to win that war.
Yes, his only statement for Ousen's movements after the end of war was, "it's Ousen who held up one of his core army",while other reason was losing Rinko in central battlefield.

Also if not for him commanding a new army of other state than he would have killed MouGu and than charged at Kanki who was in open battlefield at that time.
I've always wondered which of the 6/3 were present when Gakuki was rampaging. Kyou definitely was not but the rest are up for debate. Hakuki and Shibasaku absolutely were.
I believe Qin wasn't ever involved in any war against Yan or Qi as making an attempt on either of these two without creating a secure passage through Zhao or Wei or Han would be totally a suicidal attempt. Shouheikun and Shoubunkun's statement on Qi's unknown strength is also the prove for this and the comment "a state far in the east".

Making top 10 list is hard for me imo since I don't remember small details from Kingdom even though I read it for like over 4 years kek. But I'm gonna try my best anyway.

Top 3:
1. Gakuki (Military God)
2. Riboku (GOAT)
3. Hakuki (Leader of Qin 6)

These 3 folks can be interchangeable due to their insane hype and portrayal.

Then,
4. Ousen
5. Kouen
6. Ouki
7. Renpa
8. Moubu
9. Kanki
10. RSJ

1. Ousen: I gave this a good thought, would usually go for Hakuki. I think the main difference between the two is fear factor, you can imagine the horror of hearing Hakuki's name back in the days but the thing is, Ousen is catching up to this reputation in real time. Soon he will be known as the man who busted open the defences of Zhao under the lead of Riboku himself.

Going with the notion that new surpasses old, and with Ousen's insane feats I think it's fair he snatches first place. His ambitions go deeper than any general ever sought and his cunning can speak for it.

2. Hakuki: don't think I need to explain this one.

3. Gakuki: can easily be #1 but we need more info especially from legendary figures like Renpa.

4. Renpa: instincts, tactics, strength, experience, you name it. Renpa is the most complete general in China and the one with the highest possibility of success when placed in an RNG battle scenario.

5. Ouki: I think he's slightly stronger than Renpa but the latter has better instincts and an eye for people to back him up. Ultimately Ouki is the better general to have on your side, his charisma made its way through even someone as strong as Tou to remain by his side.

6. Kanki: "Kanki is a man that eludes even me" was Ousen's reply when asked on Kanki. We're talking about a guy capable of edging out any disadvantage, and if Kanki was in the original Qin6 I'm confident Hakuki wouldn't have had the reputation of most fearful general.

7. Kouen: portrayed as the most competent Chu general, I think he deserves this spot

8. SHK: formidable in most areas, probably the ultimate tactician after Koushu but ultimately we have to see how he performs in an actual battle. We have people like Kanki who disregard any form of tactics and we saw how he dazzled Riboku. On the other hand powerful generals like Renpa/ Ouki can escape from dire situations with sheer might, so until SHK shows what he's capable of against formidable generals this is a safe spot.

9. Moubu:

10. Riboku: one of the more gifted tacticians, I'd say he's a great military advsior more than he is a general. His reputation was built on an overnight success that depended on versatile horses, pretty smart play but that's no way to measure a general. It's hard to see how he is better than Koushu for example, especially when Riboku has underlings of such caliber, but that still couldn't give him the edge against Ousen even with quanitity and quality advantage.

Duke Hyou can also be a top 10, potentially replacing Riboku/ Moubu.

10. Riboku: one of the more gifted tacticians, I'd say he's a great military advsior more than he is a general. His reputation was built on an overnight success that depended on versatile horses, pretty smart play but that's no way to measure a general. It's hard to see how he is better than Koushu for example, especially when Riboku has underlings of such caliber, but that still couldn't give him the edge against Ousen even with quanitity and quality advantage.
Pretty much agreed with this... I've been saying for long that Riboku suited more for drawing grand level schemes rather than leading a grand army.

Lastly I'm 100% sure that you are going to put SHK in the top 3 / top 5 soon... lol