General & Others Comparing running scenes from Oda and Togashi.

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
You can like whatever you want. I for one also enjoy watching Pirates of the Carribean more than I enjoy watching Schindler's List. If I try to apply (widely accepted) objective quality criteria, I personally couldn't come to the conclusion that Pirates of the Carribean is a better movie though. It's the exact same thing with OP and HxH in my eyes.
Jesus christ dude. :usoprice:

I like HxH too, but HxH and One Piece are both comic books aimed at children while Schindler’s List is a movie about the Holocaust. Hunter X Hunter is far, far closer to Pirates of the Caribbean than it is to fucking Schindler’s List. How could you write that and actually think it’s a good comparison?
And people wonder why HxH fanboys have a reputation for being pretentious lol.

“Full on hate post.”

That’s the sort of comment that sounds a lot like a hissy fit to me. Oh no, I criticised Togashi and his even more precious fanboys. Spare me your holier than thou and above it all attitude, you’re a grown ass man who started crying because people called Yamato a him.

Let’s have a look at the opening post

-the adoration he gets is as bad as the Goda stuff if we’re praising this page as a masterpiece
-the art in those pages isn’t very good
-there is nothing special about what is happening in the scene
-it is like waxing lyrical at every secondary character who is amazed by Luffy

Think that’s all correct. What, are you crying that the tone is too sarcastic or something? Oh no, sarcasm over the internet, what toxicity and hate!

Then the subjective

-I’d rather filler chapters than no chapters

Up to each person

-the only thing to aspire to with Togashi is his wealth to work ratio

100% true. Man’s wrote two big hits, he gave up on one at the end and he’s basically abandoned the other. When he does put something out there’s a more than 50% chance it’s a collection of scribbles or a bloated load of robotic dialogue.

Boo hoo. Such hate. I’m sure Togashi is crying into his piles and piles of money.
Thank you for proving my point. I'm done here.

Oda does not know how to write and needs to retire.

Let us take a very basic example of characters running up the stairs between the two and see how they are handled.

Here in HxH Gon, Killua, Shoot and the others are confronted by Menthuthuyoupi a Royal Guard who is equivalent to a Yonko

Here you see Shoot's intense fear when confronted by the Royal Guard

while Gon doesn't hesitate at all

And here Shoot and the others reacting to Gon's resilience in not hesitating

So you see here, something so simple as running up the stairs became a very emotional scene with great character development of not just Gon but also the side characters like Shoot? No filler. No nonsense of fighting fodder for multiple chapters. Just straight up good story telling.

So compare this scene to Luffy running up the stairs fighting fodder for multiple chapters just so Oda can stale to reach chapter 1000 lmfao! The level of quality between the two are night and day. How can an author get away with admitting himself that he was staling to reach chapter 1000 is beyond my understanding.

I am not even asking Oda to be as good as Togashi. All I ask of him is just to do the most basic fundamental things like don't waste the reader's time on nonsense filler.
If Togashi gets out of retirement, he would be the GOAT, but his health is holding brilliance back.:josad: Oda is lucky One Piece is a big hit, because in a perfect world, Togashi HxH would be the most talk about than One Piece.

This is specifically a thread to discuss HxH vs OP, right (although I don't agree with the original example)?

I don't know where you come up with the "can't spend 5 minutes without telling how much better HxH" nonsense anyway.

This is literally the first time in almost 2 years that I've commented on HxH here.

The way you behave here, swinging left and right, now trying to devalue my comments bc of "me" posting it is a prime example of someone who is really hurt and desperate.

As for the Oda is a mid-tier writer accusation: Yeah, sometimes I got so disappointed by his storytelling, that I actually called him that, too. Same goes to a ton of fans btw (especially post-skip and on this forum). All in all he's still a pretty good writer though. The way he structured his series also means that a lot of his final reputation lies on his ability to conclude the story and put all the strings together though. It could easily go to "oh my, he totally botched his series" or "wow, that's an incredible resolution".

Like I told you: You can enjoy OP more, all good. I like the series as well, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

Trying to clown me or anyone else won't change the fact that - again - I personally rate HxH's storytelling higher.

It isn't.

The volume releases are very enjoyable to read and offer way better artwork than the rushed scans Togashi handed in for the weekly releases.

It's a shame that like 99% of you only know the shit quality pages from some scanlation sites.
A little random but where would I look to find the volume releases? I've heard about the difference in quality and wanna reread it properly

If Togashi gets out of retirement, he would be the GOAT, but his health is holding brilliance back.:josad: Oda is lucky One Piece is a big hit, because in a perfect world, Togashi HxH would be the most talk about than One Piece.
I feel like people have forgotten what HxH actually is

The current arc it’s on is even more bloated than Wano is. Is anyone pretending to care about a load of royal family members and their bodyguards narrating their discovery of nen in a battle to control a kingdom that nobody cares about?

Imagine people wanting shit like this back

I feel like people have forgotten what HxH actually is

The current arc it’s on is even more bloated than Wano is. Is anyone pretending to care about a load of royal family members and their bodyguards narrating their discovery of nen in a battle to control a kingdom that nobody cares about?

Imagine people wanting shit like this back

As a manga reader, I prefer more information than what Oda does; give us bread crumbs just to keep people talking about his story or give screen time to people that no one wants to see. I actually care about their struggle, because Togashi knows how to write his characters well enough, where I care enough to see how their journey ends. Dnt need a "Luffy or Zoro" to keep people engaged long enough to care about this Royal family arc, instead he can create unknown characters, and make them somebody and do it well enough the two main characters are not needed. Oda cant do that. He needs luffy or/and Zoro for each arc. I prefer an author to not be scared to kill character on screen, where filler-lite characters(allies) can have screen time and survive their ordeal because Luffy and the gang is in town. Love both series, just think HxH would be better, if Togashi didnt have health issues.