General & Others Comparing running scenes from Oda and Togashi.

Jesus man, Togashi fanboys are beyond parody. Rant and rave about how terrible Oda is and how his fans worship his every move then come out with stuff like this?.
Please don't ban me.

What is meant to be impressive or amazing here?

First of all, the art is so very typically Togashi. That first page is terrible. There’s zero depth. It looks like he‘s copy-pasted some cut out of the characters over a poorly drawn background. The second page is meh, usual Togashi scribbles.

And what amazing depth and emotion are we getting here? It’s literally the most typical Shonen shit imaginable. The twelve year old child prodigy is so badass and charges in against a super strong opponent while the trained and experienced hunter is scared, and as such is amazed by the hero..
Yea the art sucks, that is why people don't read HxH but instead they watch it. MadHouse is goat.

It’s like wanking yourself silly over every secondary character that’s ever been impressed by Luffy.

Then the “filler“ comment. I’d rather a few chapters of “filler” leading up to a big moment like chapter 1000 than Togashi not releasing a single chapter since November 2018.
I rather have no chapters of One Piece if Oda isn't capable of writing quality arcs. Also, it is not "a few chapters of filler" it is literally half of an 150 arc that is filler. Act 1 and act 2 was nothing short of filler especially act 2.

However, if you solely look at storywriting, HxH is just better. Pretty easy to recognize that btw (and yeah, the example in this thread is not exactly that telling - there a lot better ones).
This comment from the creator of this tread spits in the face of your comment "Yea the art sucks, that is why people don't read HxH but instead they watch it. MadHouse is goat.". I like both series and I feel the comparisons are unwarranted as even though they are both Shonen fair they approach their stories and story telling much differently. If the story writing was so great then people would still read it regardless of how shitty the art is just look at Mob Psycho and ONE version of One Punch Man. The art is very lackluster but because the writing is so good it doesn't matter how poor the art is.
Post automatically merged:

This is my last post about this nonsense. I have better discussions/reviews I should be focusing my time on.

This comment from the creator of this tread spits in the face of your comment "Yea the art sucks, that is why people don't read HxH but instead they watch it. MadHouse is goat.". I like both series and I feel the comparisons are unwarranted as even though they are both Shonen fair they approach their stories and story telling much differently. If the story writing was so great then people would still read it regardless of how shitty the art is just look at Mob Psycho and ONE version of One Punch Man. The art is very lackluster but because the writing is so good it doesn't matter how poor the art is.

This is my last post about this nonsense. I have better discussions/reviews I should be focusing my time on.
Huh?
First of all: The artstyle in HxH is very good most of the time.

Most people (like you apparently) don't realize it, bc you just see some early scans from the weekly releases, which are admittedly ugly bc Togashi had to rush them.

This has been known for a long time though.

Togashi and his editors always bring out a way (!) better version for the actual volumes. The difference is night and day.

Second thing: The HxH is still very popular today. I really don't know how you come to the conclusion that it isn't. Must be bc most casuals (no offense) never even once saw the volume releases.

Oda does not know how to write and needs to retire.

Let us take a very basic example of characters running up the stairs between the two and see how they are handled.

Here in HxH Gon, Killua, Shoot and the others are confronted by Menthuthuyoupi a Royal Guard who is equivalent to a Yonko

Here you see Shoot's intense fear when confronted by the Royal Guard

while Gon doesn't hesitate at all

And here Shoot and the others reacting to Gon's resilience in not hesitating

So you see here, something so simple as running up the stairs became a very emotional scene with great character development of not just Gon but also the side characters like Shoot? No filler. No nonsense of fighting fodder for multiple chapters. Just straight up good story telling.

So compare this scene to Luffy running up the stairs fighting fodder for multiple chapters just so Oda can stale to reach chapter 1000 lmfao! The level of quality between the two are night and day. How can an author get away with admitting himself that he was staling to reach chapter 1000 is beyond my understanding.

I am not even asking Oda to be as good as Togashi. All I ask of him is just to do the most basic fundamental things like don't waste the reader's time on nonsense filler.
You should mail Oda, he will listen to your feedback

Most people (like you apparently) don't realize it, bc you just see some early scans from the weekly releases, which are admittedly ugly bc Togashi had to rush them.

This has been known for a long time though.

Togashi and his editors always bring out a way (!) better version for the actual volumes. The difference is night and day.
I will admit I did not know this, but I read weekly so I would only see the bad art anyway.
I will also admit that I got into HxH through the 2011 anime that I did not watch until 2014.
From what I have seen of the manga that I have looked at, even after the end of the anime (The Dark Continent Arc), the art is lackluster and leaves a lot to be desired.

As stated I personally enjoy the series, I just hate threads like these and need to stop taking the bait.

Funny how people always come back to one of two or three questionable pages in the HxH manga. Shows just how good it is.

Yeah, writing a page like that shouldn't happen in a manga, it's Light Novel stuff.

It still doesn't change the fact that all in all Togashi just wrote a better story in HxH then Oda did with OP.

That's not bashing Oda or OP - still like it - it's just the reality.

Whether it's inner manga consistency, logic, power system, consequences, thrill, pacing etc. - HxH beats OP in each of those aspects. It's not even that close tbh.

Maybe Oda would have reached that level if he had way more breaks like Togashi did. We will never know.
Maybe Oda would consider giving Togashi half a mil to write a One Piece light novel.

You're comparing a story that takes longer between chapters to give much less than half the amount of story (390 chapters in 24 years) with dogshit art to a series that has been beating its competitors for about twenty years, while Oda still has hands in OP related projects to boot. I don't have any actual disrespect for Togashi and I don't actually give a shit that a global minority prefers his story. But if you think that these glaring weaknesses foster any insecurity in those who read OP unironically, you must be smoking the same kinda used, shitty toilet paper that your guy submits to Jump every four months.

Oh and back on that topic, go ahead and post some good art from that series to prove the contrary, lmao

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
If you really wanna compare HXH with one piece then there is better way.

HXH - 390 around chapters in 23 years

One piece - First 400 chapters in less than half of that time and was clearly leading the charts with arcs like Alabasta, water 7, Enies.

Post TS OP did take a dive but imagine someone working 24/7/365 on one project for 24 years (I bet no one can maintain high degree of standards for this long) while still maintaining some decent standards whereas there is another mangaka who literally hasn't published a chapter in past 4 years and gets hell of a time to write story but still struggles. 🤷

HxH is one of my favorites, so is One Piece. Each Manga Artist has their own style which I embrace. I like reading Manga with various styles and vision. It's bad enough people consistently compare characters, now were gonna compare Manga Artist? Fuck that, it's stupid as hell. It's idiotic to state that he needs to stop writing when Oda's been at the top of the game for 20+ years now, he ain't got to prove a damned thing to some salty & irrelevant fanboy. Simply put If you don't like it, don't read it.

Bro it's been 3 years. You cannot use "quality over quantity" as an excuse at this point
I truly don't give a shit.

Togashi isn't your bitch. He has a life of his own. If he wants to take off to spend time with his family and enjoy life, good for him, he deserves it. He's also had health issues.

But in regards to HxH itself, the series basically has an unofficial ending with Gon meeting Ging. Gon was the MC and he accomplished his biggest goal, meeting his dad.

HxH after that point is basically like a Spin off series. It focuses on Ging and Kurapika, its good, don't get me wrong, but HxH was never about them to begin with.

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
Oda does not know how to write and needs to retire.

Let us take a very basic example of characters running up the stairs between the two and see how they are handled.

Here in HxH Gon, Killua, Shoot and the others are confronted by Menthuthuyoupi a Royal Guard who is equivalent to a Yonko

Here you see Shoot's intense fear when confronted by the Royal Guard

while Gon doesn't hesitate at all

And here Shoot and the others reacting to Gon's resilience in not hesitating

So you see here, something so simple as running up the stairs became a very emotional scene with great character development of not just Gon but also the side characters like Shoot? No filler. No nonsense of fighting fodder for multiple chapters. Just straight up good story telling.

So compare this scene to Luffy running up the stairs fighting fodder for multiple chapters just so Oda can stale to reach chapter 1000 lmfao! The level of quality between the two are night and day. How can an author get away with admitting himself that he was staling to reach chapter 1000 is beyond my understanding.

I am not even asking Oda to be as good as Togashi. All I ask of him is just to do the most basic fundamental things like don't waste the reader's time on nonsense filler.
Be careful Lee, the op cocksuckers will get you canceled:suresure:

Your comment is just way over the top in the exact opposite direction.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying both OP and HxH.

If I had to summarize both series, it goes like this:

Oda satisfies his fanbase almost every week and has great work ethic.

Togashi frustrates his fans quite a lot with all those hiatuses.

However, if you solely look at storywriting, HxH is just better. Pretty easy to recognize that btw (and yeah, the example in this thread is not exactly that telling - there a lot better ones).
No, Hunter x Hunter isn’t better. It’s a inconsistent mess of a series. It’s entirely summed up by it’s art that can go from great to terrible within two pages.

Just out of curiosity I reread the last chapter and got to this doozy in the very second page

All the problems with Togashi summed in one page. I’d rather read the worst page of One Piece than this garbage.

Oh, and the page cuts out at the bottom, but the full line is “where I will show the true worth of my darkness!” How painfully edgy.

Although not quite the proper pretentious fourteen year old edgy of his brother’s introduction

Lols. This is meant to be setting up the next villain and all I can do is laugh about it. It’s like Boa Hancock kicking cute animals except played straight.
Though at least it is a proper manga page.

I will admit I did not know this, but I read weekly so I would only see the bad art anyway.
I will also admit that I got into HxH through the 2011 anime that I did not watch until 2014.
From what I have seen of the manga that I have looked at, even after the end of the anime (The Dark Continent Arc), the art is lackluster and leaves a lot to be desired.

As stated I personally enjoy the series, I just hate threads like these and need to stop taking the bait.
The art’s still likely to be shit in the volume releases. This is a volume release

Also featuring a discussion over one of the huge flaws in the supposed super serious Hunter x Hunter where death matters. Except for the most important one in the series, Kite. Who came back as a little girl. That’s worse than Ace and Sabo in my book, at least Ace stayed dead.

No, Hunter x Hunter isn’t better. It’s a inconsistent mess of a series. It’s entirely summed up by it’s art that can go from great to terrible within two pages.

Just out of curiosity I reread the last chapter and got to this doozy in the very second page

All the problems with Togashi summed in one page. I’d rather read the worst page of One Piece than this garbage.

Oh, and the page cuts out at the bottom, but the full line is “where I will show the true worth of my darkness!” How painfully edgy.

Although not quite the proper pretentious fourteen year old edgy of his brother’s introduction

Lols. This is meant to be setting up the next villain and all I can do is laugh about it. It’s like Boa Hancock kicking cute animals except played straight.
Though at least it is a proper manga page.

The art’s still likely to be shit in the volume releases. This is a volume release

Also featuring a discussion over one of the huge flaws in the supposed super serious Hunter x Hunter where death matters. Except for the most important one in the series, Kite. Who came back as a little girl. That’s worse than Ace and Sabo in my book, at least Ace stayed dead.
Wow, at first I thought I could take you seriously but then this nonsense rant happened.

It's obvious you just hate on HxH for whatever reason.

But ok, I guess discussing with you doesn't lead anywhere.

Imho there is no way anyone seriously rates OP higher than HxH after reading both series and trying to be objective.