Copa America

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Bellingham was way better in first half of season, best player in the world bar none. Vinicius shined brightly in second half of the season, in particular big UCL games which will be valued very high. I think Balon Dor voting will be close between these two and theres no clear favorite at this point.

Mbappe winning Ballon Dor this year would be kinda ridiculous tbh even if France anti-footballs their way to Euro title and would be the last straw for me to never talk about a individual award again.

Mbappe winning Ballon Dor this year would be kinda ridiculous tbh even if France anti-footballs their way to Euro title and would be the last straw for me to never talk about a individual award again.
"last straw for me to never talk about a individual award again." and "ridiculous" ? Bruh have you checked their individuals stats this year ?

Mbappé :
52 goals and 18 assists this season.
Won Ligue 1, Cup and let's say Euro.

Bellingham :
27 goals , 15 assists this season.
Won Liga and Champions League.

Vinicius Jr :
26 goals and 11 assists this season.

What Mbappé did this year is what CR7/Messi did in their prime : Scored +50 goals.

- If you want to be honest and accept the Ballon d'Or is based on individual stats then Mbappé stomps the others two.

- If Ballon d'Or is based on title then Euro is bigger than UCL. Then if France wins it, Mbappé wins it.

- If Ballon d'Or is based on "Messi" means changing the rules every year based on what Messi do then yeah Messi is the next winner.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
"last straw for me to never talk about a individual award again." and "ridiculous" ? Bruh have you checked their individuals stats this year ?

Mbappé :

Bellingham :

Vinicius Jr :

What Mbappé did this year is what CR7/Messi did in their prime : Scored +50 goals.

- If you want to be honest and accept the Ballon d'Or is based on individual stats then Mbappé stomps the others two.

- If Ballon d'Or is based on title then Euro is bigger than UCL. Then if France wins it, Mbappé wins it.

- If Ballon d'Or is based on "Messi" means changing the rules every year based on what Messi do then yeah Messi is the next winner.
No one gives a shit about goals in ligue 1

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One

Mbappé :

Bellingham :

Vinicius Jr :

There is no changing of rules but based on voting done by journalists, coaches and captains of national teams.

Mbappe himself voted for Messi.

So, if unless you think Messi bought most national team captains and coaches and journalists to favour him then all this argument that it's rigged is just being salty.

There is no changing of rules but based on voting done by journalists, coaches and captains of national teams.

Mbappe himself voted for Messi.

So, if unless you think Messi bought most national team captains and coaches and journalists to favour him then all this argument that it's rigged is just being salty.

Just saying if winning the WC was enough to give Messi the Ballon d'Or when Haaland won everything else, had a better stats and was better than Messi (he really played one month during the WC that's all) that year. Then if Bellingham or Mbappé wins the Euro, one of them will win the ballon d'or for sure.

But if Spain wins it, no one gonna vote for Rodri even tho he won everything except the UCL this year because suddenly the stats gonna matter. It's rigged af simple as that. It's just for business and for the prestigious image that unfortunately Rodri doesn't have compared to others.

Mbappé :

Bellingham :

Vinicius Jr :

Nah get off with your pure goals + assists stats nonsense, especially when you compare a pure forward playing for a club which dominates their home league for 10+ years to a midfield allrounder who can also score some goals. Fact is Mbappe underperformed on big stage this season for the most part be it UCL or Euros, unbefitting for a player of such calibre and getting Ballon Dor.

He would have deserved it the last 2 years sure, this year tho not so much.

Reborn

Just saying if winning the WC was enough to give Messi the Ballon d'Or when Haaland won everything else, had a better stats and was better than Messi (he really played one month during the WC that's all) that year. Then if Bellingham or Mbappé wins the Euro, one of them will win the ballon d'or for sure.

But if Spain wins it, no one gonna vote for Rodri even tho he won everything except the UCL this year because suddenly the stats gonna matter. It's rigged af simple as that. It's just for business and for the prestigious image that unfortunately Rodri doesn't have compared to others.
This is where problem lies.

You people have made football all about goals when it isn't.

Messi contribution lies in leading a team to WC win while creating chances, assisting and scoring whenever he could. His presence was felt in all games he played for club or the national team.

Modric got few years ago despite Ronaldo scoring more goals because in the eyes of experts scoring goals is just one criteria but not the only criteria

Halland is just about tap ins and he ghosted in all big games to such extent that his presence wasn't even felt in those big games.

This is where problem lies.

You people have made football all about goals when it isn't.

Messi contribution lies in leading a team to WC win while creating chances, assisting and scoring whenever he could. His presence was felt in all games he played for club or the national team.

Modric got few years ago despite Ronaldo scoring more goals because in the eyes of experts scoring goals is just one criteria but not the only criteria

Halland is just about tap ins and he ghosted in all big games to such extent that his presence wasn't even felt in those big games.
So you agree with me that if Spain wins the Euro, Rodri should be the winner since he did all the things you said. If someone else wins, then it's rigged ?

And basically ballon d'or was supposed to be an individual award only based on your stats and not on the titles you won. That's why i said the rules change every year.
Post automatically merged:

Nah get off with your pure goals + assists stats nonsense, especially when you compare a pure forward playing for a club which dominates their home league for 10+ years to a midfield allrounder who can also score some goals. Fact is Mbappe underperformed on big stage this season for the most part be it UCL or Euros, unbefitting for a player of such calibre and getting Ballon Dor.

He would have deserved it the last 2 years sure, this year tho not so much.
Well if he wins the euro, he will win the ballon d'or, same for bellingham. simple as that, nothing we can do about that.

Last edited:

Reborn

So you agree with me that if Spain wins the Euro, Rodri should be the winner since he did all the things you said. If someone else wins, then it's rigged ?

And basically ballon d'or was supposed to be an individual award only based on your stats and not on the titles you won. That's why i said the rules change every year.
Post automatically merged:

Well if he wins the euro, he will win the ballon d'or, same for bellingham. simple as that, nothing we can do about that.
Award is given to best performing player.

Performance evaluation depends on lot of factors - successful dribbles, assisting, chances creation, leading the team, winning trophies, on field presence, fair play, behaviour and so on...

And, no - the criteria was individual performances which includes winning trophies..

Rules did change in 2022 but it helped in making awards better - like removing criteria of factoring in overall career performance and regarding which nations gets the ballot.

If anything, change in such rules brought level playing field for young generation and yet Messi won.

I don't know who will win. All I know is people who will vote knows more about football and what defines individual performances than you and me

I personally don’t like Ballond’or to me it discredits team work .

Football is team sport , Messi wouldn’t have won wc without Dibu Martinez heroic in the Wc final .

To me everyone plays a role I personally think Xavi, Iniesta , KDB , Puyol , Suarez who were equally amazing missed it .