Controversial Could Mihawk have autism?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Calling an anime character autistic is like…well, calling an anime fan autistic - it should be understood purely because it’s self-evident. This might come as a surprise to you, but I’d bet dollars to donuts that Oda and most mangaka fall closer to one end of the spectrum than the other, their audience reflects it right back at them, and the characters get caught in the middle.
Post automatically merged:

Apropos of nothing, I’d love to hear from the folks around here who think they aren’t autistic, mainly so I know who to search for posts which CLEARLY indicate that they actually are :goyea:

As we know, all of Zoro’s opponents are minorities.

However Mihawk doesn’t seem to be. At least not at first. Yet it is still possible that Mihawk belongs to a marginalized group.

Given the overt Christian symbolism surrounding this character, with his cross shaped blade, I find it hard to believe he is a religious minority. He also probably identifies as straight and cis due to this religious affinity.

That leaves one group left: disability.

Given that Mihawk clearly has no physical disabilities, his disability is likely to be intellectual

My guess is that he has autism. Mihawk seems to struggle socially, as many people with autism do. Whereas most other pirates with his bounty have some crew, Mihawk never had any crew before he joined cross guild.

Hell, Mihawk doesn’t seem to have any friends in general. He’s in his 40s and he doesn’t seem to have a family either. Rather he devoted his entire life to his obsession with swords.

This is very similar to Chris Chan, a famous autistic person irl, and his similarly solitary life devoted to his obsession with toys and cartoons.

Overall, I’m a very big Mihawk fan and I would love it if Oda explored Mihawk’s disability a bit more. Perhaps have him eventually overcome his poor social skills and become friends with Buggy and Crocodile.
This is what happens when a Kidd fan joins your fandom
@Fleet Leader Fenaker @ShishioIsBack

As we know, all of Zoro’s opponents are minorities.

However Mihawk doesn’t seem to be. At least not at first. Yet it is still possible that Mihawk belongs to a marginalized group.

Given the overt Christian symbolism surrounding this character, with his cross shaped blade, I find it hard to believe he is a religious minority. He also probably identifies as straight and cis due to this religious affinity.

That leaves one group left: disability.

Given that Mihawk clearly has no physical disabilities, his disability is likely to be intellectual

My guess is that he has autism. Mihawk seems to struggle socially, as many people with autism do. Whereas most other pirates with his bounty have some crew, Mihawk never had any crew before he joined cross guild.

Hell, Mihawk doesn’t seem to have any friends in general. He’s in his 40s and he doesn’t seem to have a family either. Rather he devoted his entire life to his obsession with swords.

This is very similar to Chris Chan, a famous autistic person irl, and his similarly solitary life devoted to his obsession with toys and cartoons.

Overall, I’m a very big Mihawk fan and I would love it if Oda explored Mihawk’s disability a bit more. Perhaps have him eventually overcome his poor social skills and become friends with Buggy and Crocodile.
Legit. Confirmed by Goda.