Speculations Could there be a state beyond Kokuto ?

Is there a state more advanced than Kokuto ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Buggy on the Moon

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters
As we know, Kokuto are blades that turned permanently into black ones. Zoro said one of the main features of a Kokuto is its extreme hardness, making it impossible to break it "even if a dinosaur stepped on it".

Obviously that's remniscent of Koka, which consists of blackening body parts/things to increase their hardness. Then there's the level beyond that, Koka being the basic level of CoA.

If Kokuto blades are reminiscent of Koka which is just the first step of CoA, then maybe there's a more advanced, ultimate grade reminiscent of the advanced form of CoA. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying turning blades into Kokuto only requires basic CoA without the need to master advanced CoA, this is most likely not true. But if there's more than one form of CoA then there might be more than one "state" since Kokuto state itself seems to be ultimately tied to CoA and the strength of its user.

What would be the point of it ? Well, it's very simple. Kokuto achievement is something that's not new, something achieved not only by the current WSS but also by the Sword God himself, Ryuma. Part of Ryuma's legend has a lot to do with him being able to turn Shusui into a Kokuto.

Zoro wants to become such a great swordsman that "his name will be known in heaven".

It feels to me like he wants to set a new milestone. The problem is, if the "only" thing Zoro can do is turn his blades into Kokuto, this won't be such a spectacular feat because in a way, he would stay in Mihawk and Ryuma's shadow. I mean yes, he can prove he's stronger than Mhawk by beating him but how is he supposed to prove his superiority to the Sword God who died a long time ago ? Well, the best way to do it and set a new milestone is to achieve a swordsman feat that can objectively be regarded by anybody as the clear proof of Zoro being the GSOAT. Which could translate into Zoro turning permanently a Kokuto into a state even more advanced than Kokuto. It could be called "Shinto" ("divine blade"), a name very fitting for someone like Zoro.

Last edited:

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
As we know, Kokuto are blades that turned permanently into black ones. Zoro said one of the main features of a Kokuto is its extreme hardness, making it impossible to break it "even if a dinosaur stepped on it".

Obviously that's remniscent of Koka, which consists of blackening body parts/things to increase their hardness. Then there's the level beyond that, Koka being the basic level of CoA.

If Kokuto blades are reminiscent of Koka which is just the first step of CoA, then maybe there's a more advanced, ultimate grade reminiscent of the advanced form of CoA. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying turning blades into Kokuto only requires basic CoA without the need to master advanced CoA, this is most likely not true. But if there's more than one form of CoA then there might be more than one "state" since Kokuto state itself seems to be ultimately tied to CoA and the strength of its user.

What would be the point of it ? Well, it's very simple. Kokuto achievement is something that's not new, something achieved not only by the current WSS but also by the Sword God himself, Ryuma. Part of Ryuma's legend has a lot to do with him being able to turn Shusui into a Kokuto.

Zoro wants to become such a great swordsman that "his name will be known in heaven".

It feels to me like he wants to set a new milestone. The problem is, if the "only" thing Zoro can do is turn his blades into Kokuto, this won't be such a spectacular feat because in a way, he would stay in Mihawk and Ryuma's shadow. I mean yes, he can prove he's stronger than Mhawk by beating him but how is he supposed to prove his superiority to the Sword God who died a long time ago ? Well, the best way to do it and set a new milestone is to achieve a swordsman feat that can objectively be regarded by anybody as the clear proof of Zoro being the GSOAT. Which could translate into Zoro turning permanently a Kokuto into a state even more advanced than Kokuto. It could be called "Shinkuto" ("divine blade"), a name very fitting for someone like Zoro.
He is going to turn 3 swords into black blades before turning 25, that alone shits on the feats of Ryuma and Mihawk :moonwalk:

Imo if Internal Destruction Ryuo is a brawler's lvl 2 armament technique, swordsman will have their own lvl 2 armament technique to permanently imbue their weapons with. So it may branch from barrier (advanced lvl 1 brawlers and swordsmen both have it) to something else. If Luffy has Internal Destruction, Zoro - after Wano and completes training Barrier and Enma - may gain Internal Renewal.

It's even further than permanently blackening the exterior of the sword anymore, but altering the very atoms within the material of the sword itself, into something never seen before: Emerald-Jade Sword of Life.

...because it fits Zoro's green hair.

One of the things that made me consider this is Zoro having Sandai Kitetsu. I have a hard time believing Zoro will keep Sandai and not have 3 Supreme Blades EoS (and don't want that to happen either, he should have 3 Supreme Blades as the future WSS). But if there's a state above Kokuto, then Zoro could make Sandai turn into a Supreme Blade, which would make it as powerful as Shodai Kitetsu.

No, I’m pretty sure Hawaii is the furthest State.
What about Alaska ?

One of the things that made me consider this is Zoro having Sandai Kitetsu. I have a hard time believing Zoro will keep Sandai and not have 3 Supreme Blades EoS (and don't want that to happen either, he should have 3 Supreme Blades as the future WSS). But if there's a state above Kokuto, then Zoro could make Sandai turn into a Supreme Blade, which would make it as powerful as Shodai Kitetsu.

What about Alaska ?
Nah, Hawaii is further.
People who don’t agree
are living in the State of Denial.