Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Timothy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Winters Socalo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
B

Ballel

I mean it’s a Seinen, there’re brutal and heartbreaking scenes but the message of the story is beautiful.
I don't doubt that there's a beautiful message but I think it'll take me some time before I can read it.

BTW I watched '3 idiots' a few days ago, it was great.
I needed some positive vibes.

You should read Vinland Saga. The writing is 10/10
And you should check out Pandora hearts to learn what true desperation could mean when you litteraly turn another page just to see how your fav character die. Last 30 chapters of Pandora was about death after other death. Your shonen protection died somewhere in the middle of story with first death of secondary character, who was important from begining and give vibes of character that will be one of the main as well.
So in last chapters you will really feel that there is DANGER, that everyone is going to be dead soon, and you just hope that next chapter wouldn't show you your fav character that even don't have to be here.
So ending of Pandora will crush you and kill you. But new You will be born after that.

Last edited:
Allen and Edward are pretty alike. Else no.
I believe FMA and D. Gray Man came out around the same time. The main similarities are definitely between Allen and Ed. Both protagonist have an unusual arm, they are both seen as prodigies in their respective fields, both lost a parent at a young age, and both hate to be called short and are big eaters.

Both mangas are set in an alternative style Europe. FMA '03 established that human transmutation created the humunculus and the Akuma are created when a living human accepts a deal with the Earl that can bring back their loved ones soul. To summarize, I think both FMA and D. Gray Man have rather dark storyline, but their lively cast of characters balances it with some lighter and humorous moments.

I believe FMA and D. Gray Man came out around the same time. The main similarities are definitely between Allen and Ed. Both protagonist have an unusual arm, they are both seen as prodigies in their respective fields, both lost a parent at a young age, and both hate to be called short and are big eaters.

Both mangas are set in an alternative style Europe. FMA '03 established that human transmutation created the humunculus and the Akuma are created when a living human accepts a deal with the Earl that can bring back their loved ones soul. To summarize, I think both FMA and D. Gray Man have rather dark storyline, but their lively cast of characters balances it with some lighter and humorous moments.
I would call DGM dark version of FMA that continued something that FMA lost at some point of story. Like...thing is if you try replace Allen in this story with Edward, I'm curious how soon enough he will lose his mind. Problem is that story is so deep, that you can't just talk with villain, or suppose to be villain character, and made him turn good. Like people here did really horrible things from human experiments to killing nations, whole countries. But what's important that they have real reasons to do what they are doing. And solution that could easily save world didn't exist at all.
In best case scenario DGM will end with reset world to the part when there will exist only two human being, new Adam and Eve that will start everything from the begining.
So yeah, if FMA as some point lose part of detective story, DGM went instead deeper in it.
So even if DGM was a bit similar to FMA, it overed at first few chapters?! At least that my take

I would call DGM dark version of FMA that continued something that FMA lost at some point of story. Like...thing is if you try replace Allen in this story with Edward, I'm curious how soon enough he will lose his mind. Problem is that story is so deep, that you can't just talk with villain, or suppose to be villain character, and made him turn good. Like people here did really horrible things from human experiments to killing nations, whole countries. But what's important that they have real reasons to do what they are doing. And solution that could easily save world didn't exist at all.
In best case scenario DGM will end with reset world to the part when there will exist only two human being, new Adam and Eve that will start everything from the begining.
So yeah, if FMA as some point lose part of detective story, DGM went instead deeper in it.
So even if DGM was a bit similar to FMA, it overed at first few chapters?! At least that my take
I like your analysis and insight! I definitely like the mystery elements of DGM. I do see how the two stories diverge. But maybe the two mangaka liked different elements of each other's writings, but were still able to add their own personal touches to their respective stories.

Also as an aside, FMA was the first manga where I was really immersed as part of a fandom. I am happy that I found DGM because the dark and Gothic elements are intriguing to me.