• Winters Socalo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
As promised!
D.Gray Man Volume 1 review :catpole::catblush:

Overall this is a great introduction to the world that Hoshino has set up and I really love the gothic Victorian art style. Allen is a really fun protagonist and he reminds me of Edward Elric a lot (I don't know which manga came first lol), I really like his "Curse" its a really cool visual and am looking forward to learning more about it.

I like the Earl, his design is simple but iconic reminds me of a cross between the penguin from DC and a goblin/elf. Dude is just chaos but also old school fun and the concept of the Akuma is really cool like wearing the skins of the people close to you, Its a great psychological tactic on his part to mess his enemies around. By the way is it ever revealed who the earl is based on? Hoshino mentions that she based him on someone in real life... any idea who?

I love the artwork of the black order building!

So The Black order... Kanada definitely left the biggest impression on me, I am looking forward to seeing more of him and cross.
Lastly Leanlee is :catblush::catblush::sweat:

Onward to volume 2!

As promised!

Overall this is a great introduction to the world that Hoshino has set up and I really love the gothic Victorian art style. Allen is a really fun protagonist and he reminds me of Edward Elric a lot (I don't know which manga came first lol), I really like his "Curse" its a really cool visual and am looking forward to learning more about it.

I like the Earl, his design is simple but iconic reminds me of a cross between the penguin from DC and a goblin/elf. Dude is just chaos but also old school fun and the concept of the Akuma is really cool like wearing the skins of the people close to you, Its a great psychological tactic on his part to mess his enemies around. By the way is it ever revealed who the earl is based on? Hoshino mentions that she based him on someone in real life... any idea who?

So The Black order... Kanada definitely left the biggest impression on me, I am looking forward to seeing more of him and cross.

Onward to volume 2!
I can’t wait for your other reviews!

I think the Earl is a mixture of the devil and the Count of St. Germain, the alchemist of time.
It’s just a theory because Hoshino never revealed it

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
As promised!

Onward to volume 2!
I am glad you're enjoying it.

Allen Walker is an amazing protagonist. One of the best imo. I very very rarely like the MCs, but I've been a fan of his from the start. Kanda and Lenalee are awesome as well.

Enjoy the other mysteries as well, I won't comment on other things yet so I don't spoil you lel.

Interesting

I will keep you all updated!
Looking forward to it. Use this as a filler.

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
Ok so here are my thoughts on volume 2!:funky: Sorry for the wait lol, I've been binging FT anime and trying to catch up on shows etc. I did say earlier in the thread that I would talk about volume 3 as well but I haven't had time to read it yet so I'll try to read it tomorrow after work.

Anyway so I quite enjoyed Volume 2:kata: especially since it had Kanda and Allen team up in the classic trope of one is serious and the other is carefree etc. It was quite nice seeing their bickering and the begrudging respect Kanada gains for Allen at the end when he saves him despite claiming numerous times he would not.

I really liked Kanda's Weapon (Mugen) design and his powers. Netherworld creature "ichigen" was a cool attack. Allen's anti-akuma weapon looked awesome this volume! I loved it near the end where he turned it into a giant hand cannon.:steef:
The akuma this volume was this weird clown who could disguise himself as others etc. I didn't really care much for him to be honest.:jordanmf:

What I DID care for was the Guzol and Lala... :josad: that was some good/emotional stuff. Two abandoned souls finding belonging in one another, "one" who will not feel lonely and "one" who will finally have a purpose, It gets ya good :catcry:. I loved Allen's compassion for letting them have their final moments together unlike kanda who just wanted to get the job done and the final scene of her regaining her memories and saying she was glad to keep her promise and Allen letting Kanda know that he wanted to be a "Destroyer who can still save others" was some quality stuff.

Looking forward to reading the rest! :pepelit:

Ok so here are my thoughts on volume 2!:funky: Sorry for the wait lol, I've been binging FT anime and trying to catch up on shows etc. I did say earlier in the thread that I would talk about volume 3 as well but I haven't had time to read it yet so I'll try to read it tomorrow after work.

Anyway so I quite enjoyed Volume 2:kata: especially since it had Kanda and Allen team up in the classic trope of one is serious and the other is carefree etc. It was quite nice seeing their bickering and the begrudging respect Kanada gains for Allen at the end when he saves him despite claiming numerous times he would not.

I really liked Kanda's Weapon (Mugen) design and his powers. Netherworld creature "ichigen" was a cool attack. Allen's anti-akuma weapon looked awesome this volume! I loved it near the end where he turned it into a giant hand cannon.:steef:
The akuma this volume was this weird clown who could disguise himself as others etc. I didn't really care much for him to be honest.:jordanmf:

What I DID care for was the Guzol and Lala... :josad: that was some good/emotional stuff. Two abandoned souls finding belonging in one another, "one" who will not feel lonely and "one" who will finally have a purpose, It gets ya good :catcry:. I loved Allen's compassion for letting them have their final moments together unlike kanda who just wanted to get the job done and the final scene of her regaining her memories and saying she was glad to keep her promise and Allen letting Kanda know that he wanted to be a "Destroyer who can still save others" was some quality stuff.

Looking forward to reading the rest! :pepelit:
It’s just the beginning of a beautiful and melancholic masterpiece
:finally: :josad: