Manga Discussion Dandadan

Your top 5 favourite characters?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž

Synopsis
Ken Takakura, a boy who is an occult fanatic who doesn't believe in ghosts, and Momo Ayase, a girl who doesn't believe in aliens, encounter overwhelming strangeness that transcends their mutual understanding...! An occult coming-of-age story!
After being aggressively rejected, Momo Ayase finds herself sulking when she stumbles across a boy being bullied. Saved by her rash kindness, the occult-obsessed boy attempts to speak to her about supernatural interests he believes they share. Rejecting his claims, Ayase proclaimed that she is instead a believer in ghosts, starting an argument between the two over which is real.

In a bet to determine who's correct, the two decide to separately visit locations associated with both the occult and the supernaturalโ€”Ayase visiting the former and the boy visiting the latter. When the two reach their respective places, it turns out that neither of them was wrong and that both the occult and ghosts do exist.

This marks the beginning of Ayase and the boy's adventure, who shares a name with Ayase's favorite idolโ€”Ken Takakura, as they attempt to fix the surreal supernatural and sci-fi elements around them to return to a normal life.

You can discuss about the latest manga chapters here. Currently the story is very short. Right now it's on chapter 6.

Tagging some people I know read it
@Zowo @Jorden625

And some that might be interested
@Tris @Marimo_420 @RedNight @Lindltaylor @BangMi @RobertoTheOharaSurvivor etc etc​

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
I tagged him already lmao. And actually the manga is pretty interesting imo. Check it bozo.
Zowo has already convinced me bozo.

I tagged him already lmao. And actually the manga is pretty interesting imo. Check it bozo.

Also that bih hot. And she definitely ain't looking like no grandma.
And nah deffo not. She looks like what Tsunade would be if she was competent.

Checking it out this weekend

I genuinely don't know how this series is going to be received. I love it because it gives me the same crazy over-the-top vibes that Chainsaw Man gave me, but it's also very weird. The art is fantastic and I'm loving the world building & characters so far. I'm also not sure how long a story like this can go.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I genuinely don't know how this series is going to be received.
Agree, which is why it's hard for me to know who to recommend it to lol.

It's giving me CSM and JJK vibes but has some weird parts for now. Maybe as the story goes on the weird parts will be trimmed out lol.

I just finished reading all six chapters and so far this series seems weird but also kind of fun, also for now I do like the two main characters.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
The reason why, I assume, this manga is giving off CSM vibes, and most likely Hell's Paradise too, is because the mangaka, Yukinobu Tatsu was an assistant to the mangaka that made CSM and Hell's Paradise, Tatsuki Fujimoto and Yuji Kaku respectfully.

They showed their support for the manga and their former assistant with two illustrations

Yuji Kaku also praised Tatsu as and I quote 'the person with the highest overall drawing ability as far as I know.'

Tatsu reciprocated with this special drawing to thank his former two mentors.

The art is definitely amazing.

Below are some cover pages and some fan coloured pages

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Hmm, since it is only six chapters then I might as well check this series out. Hopefully third time is the charm for me regarding supernatural shenanigans manga. :brootea:
What's the second one lol? I know the first one is JJK.

Also that's kinda the reason I didn't tag you here lol. I know you dropped JJK and this is giving me some JJK and CSM vibes so I wasn't sure if it's your cup of tea.

What's the second one lol? I know the first one is JJK.
Bleach. Lel. That series is overrated dogshit.
Also that's kinda the reason I didn't tag you here lol. I know you dropped JJK and this is giving me some JJK and CSM vibes so I wasn't sure if it's your cup of tea.
Probably not considering I dropped both JJK and CSM but I won't know for certain till I take a look. Lol.

Besides, I have irrational preferences. I like apples but I do not like apple juice. That is just nonsensical. :catsweat: