DC & Marvel - Official Discussion Thread

Yo, big comic book fan here. Favourite character is Batman, who has unfortunately been butchered in his last couple of film appearances.

I'm looking forward to Matt Reeve's upcoming Batman film since it taps into the oft overlooked detective aspect of the character, and also since it seems to be taking cues from the fantastic 'Long Halloween' by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale.

Sucks that it would have been out by now if not for COVID
:kriwhat:
Post automatically merged:

He's a marvel character
Get ready for the new batman animated series

Anybody have any movies or animated series they recommend from dc or marvel?

Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy is the best, especially 'The Dark Knight', which is the best comic book movie of all times, largely because of Heath Ledger's Joker.

Joker is also my favourite comic book character, when I say comic book I am referring to Marvel, DC, not manga. Second favourite is Batman.

After the two of them I like a lot of characters from both verses.

Marvel movies on average are better, but DC, if we count the Nolanverse, has the best movie.
The way he sounds as batman leaves me weezing:suresure:

Anybody have any movies or animated series they recommend from dc or marvel?

How far back are you willing to go for animated series? Marvels best recent animated series is probably Avengers: Earth’s Mightest Heroes from the early 2010s. Its not related to the MCU (it was actually cancelled after season 2 for Avengers Assemble, which is more MCU-related or inspired but that series was a significant step down).

DC has Young Justice, which is focused on more of the sidekick generations. Its on Season 4 right now.

How far back are you willing to go for animated series? Marvels best recent animated series is probably Avengers: Earth’s Mightest Heroes from the early 2010s. Its not related to the MCU (it was actually cancelled after season 2 for Avengers Assemble, which is more MCU-related or inspired but that series was a significant step down).

DC has Young Justice, which is focused on more of the sidekick generations. Its on Season 4 right now.
Ive watched a good bit of DC animated verse. Young justice was pretty good imo. I've watched most of the timmverse and some others but for marvel I've only seen one of the old Spidermans and one of the xmen. I'll definitely check out the avengers show u mentioned. Long as it's not too child focused

Ive watched a good bit of DC animated verse. Young justice was pretty good imo. I've watched most of the timmverse and some others but for marvel I've only seen one of the old Spidermans and one of the xmen. I'll definitely check out the avengers show u mentioned. Long as it's not too child focused
Spectacular Spider-man was also quite good (unfortunately also cancelled after two seasons for a more kids friendly Spider-man series after Disney bought Marvel). I think one of the head writers for Young Justice was also the head for that.

Unfortunately, the last decade haven’t been that great for Marvel animation (and arguably part of the comics) because of the heavy emphasis on MCU-synergy when there was no need for it.

If you are interested in X-men, I am partial to X-men evolution (its aged better than the 90s one imo). It reimagines most of the core X-men characters as high school students. Not sure if thats the one you mentioned watching