DC & Marvel - Official Discussion Thread

more of a DC fan than Marvel, Marvel really sucked for a while especially the entire "All-New, All-Different" then "Marvel 2.0". Though i will admit Marvel has some good writers and drawers i'd love to bring over to DC.

Fav character in Marvel is: Dr. Doom, he's the definition of everything Thanos is but better. The dude just grabbed his neck and killed him in Secret Wars by Hickman.
Fav Marvel writer is: Jonathan Hickman (though haven't read anything after Secret Wars from Marvel)

Fav Comic Character is: Constantine, Batman and Sandman
Definity marvel sucks generally the movies helped the franchise a lot
otherwise Thor, Ironman, Captain America, Antman cant even compare to the Batman comics
their most popular villain Thanos is a copy of Darkseid

Jean Grey's General Character Analysis

Part of the Marvel verse and created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, Jean is a mutant (Humans featuring the X-gene causing them to become superhuman by developing superhuman powers manifesting at puberty).

She is an Omega-level mutant, bearing a particularly powerful genetic potential.

Some of her most prominent powers are telepathy and telekinesis.
The Phoenix Force is her principal power, which however is portrayed in several ways throughout the history of the character. Pre Retcon it being a manifestation of her own genetic potential, Post Retcon it being a separate entity, within the latter case she being a host or even not, by simply manipulating its cosmic power.

When Jean is in total control of the Phoenix Force she is WPoTC (White Phoenix of The Crown) also known as 'One True Phoenix' in that she as the host and the Force are so remarkably compatible they are virtually a single entity. This is the most powerful version and the one wielding the highter scale of cosmic power.

If she is not in full control she is Green Phoenix.

When she loses control and the Phoenix Force takes over she becomes the Dark Phoenix, an evil entity.

Her telepathy allows to communicate with highly intelligent animals and even perform therapy to grant protection against mind control abilities. She can even read and manipulate people's emotions and is in general a major Empath because of this quirk.

Her telekinesis allows her to shape or move matter, animate and inanimate, thanks to the which for example flying or even creating protective force fields or even using matter offensively.

By combinating telepathy and telekinesis she can control the Psychic energy of an ambient and use it to generate powerful blasts.

The Phoenix Force (depending on how powerful, the more the stronger her general powers are) can allow her as far as granting her different immortality types (in verse terms), resurrect the dead or opposedly absorb life force and use it. Allow her to empower her superpowers to the point she can manipulate atomic structures on an Universal scale, creating black holes, shaping reality as she sees fit. Absorb extensively high energies or even turn her very physical being into energy. Create spacetime warps that allow to travel through hyperspace at superluminar speeds, since in hyperspace that is permitted. Even reset entire timelines.

The Phoenix Force is the embodiment of life thus she can exist abstractly, be nigh-omnipresent. (Incorporeality)

The Phoenix Force, lastly, presents itself via cosmic flames, which funnily don't require oxygen to burn and are so intense they can consume matter without leaving ashes, defying the laws of physics.

@Go D. Usopp ™

What's your opinion on Jean Grey's character? Mostly comic books, but you can expand the matter as far as you wish.

Emil

Certified Memelord
@Go D. Usopp ™

What's your opinion on Jean Grey's character? Mostly comic books, but you can expand the matter as far as you wish.
shes easily one of my fav actually, specially as dark phoenix

she can get pretty busted but is constantly being nerfed by herself lol

the movies dont do her justice at all either

Post automatically merged:

she has the strongest pyrokinesis, and can even control other elements to certain degree

she can create fire from nothing and amplify it. she is practically immortal as well and can be reborn each time

phoenix force in itself is broken lol
Post automatically merged:

Whos your favourite Xmen?
xavier has to be my all time fav x-men, rouge is rly sick too

Last edited:
I feel closer to Marvel superheros such as Spiderman or The Thing or the X-Men than to DC ones, even if I love many of them. The fact that Marvel superheros are portrayed as more human in their vulnerabilities, flaws but also their heroism is one of the reasons why I have a slight preference for Marvel over DC even if I love both.

Emil

Certified Memelord
I feel closer to Marvel superheros such as Spiderman or The Thing or the X-Men than to DC ones, even if I love many of them. The fact that Marvel superheros are portrayed as more human in their vulnerabilities, flaws but also their heroism is one of the reasons why I have a slight preference for Marvel over DC even if I love both.
the only reaaaally relatable DC hero is batman

he is hard carrying that verse lol

joker is contributing to that too

I really hope Marvel do some repeat prints for some omni's that are either out or OOP.

Btw is the "WandaVision" tv show based off alternative to House of M with the infamous "No more mutants" line from SW? @Finalbeta

Outside that i can't wait for Sandman TV show to come out, especially if it follows Neil Gaiman's run then the masterpiece comes true. Forget everything Batman can do here's the best story period in comic format ever.

I really hope Marvel do some repeat prints for some omni's that are either out or OOP.

Btw is the "WandaVision" tv show based off alternative to House of M with the infamous "No more mutants" line from SW? @Finalbeta

Outside that i can't wait for Sandman TV show to come out, especially if it follows Neil Gaiman's run then the masterpiece comes true. Forget everything Batman can do here's the best story period in comic format ever.
An inversion of the original House of M storyline apparently. Marvel Studios allegedly plan to bring different mutants into the MCU that can be played by whomever they want, and Wanda's ability to reshape reality is the keystone to turn the famous "No more mutants" into a different configuration, an inversion, by pulling them off from different realities of the multiverse instead.

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
Who are your favorite villains of each universe ?

Mine would be the Joker, Darkseid, Mr Freeze, Vandal Savage, Lex Luthor for DC while Thanos, Venom, Dr Doom, Doc Ock, Magneto, Loki, Ultron and Kang the Conqueror for Marvel.
Superboy Prime is still my favourite comic villian of all time, then you have Thanos, Darkseid, Magneto, Joker, Bane, Dr Doom, Red Skull, Mangog, Gorr the God Butcher, Maestro, Malekith, Kingpin & Lex Luthor.