Manga Discussion Detective Conan Discussion Thread

File 1066 BIG spoilers
As expected, Rum is revealed to be Wakita. He was the old man that blew Akai's FBI cover back in the day.

Camel : It’s dangerous here, don’t stay!
Camel : Ojiisan!

Camel survived, he made a bullet proof vest from printer paper.

Camel shaved his hair so BO members don't recognize him

Rest of the spoilers here

Also 6 weeks break after this chapter :josad:
WTF LMAO
Finally, the end is so close:steef:

@Akai2 @Hades
Just fully read the 1066 spoiler on imgur.

Any idea why Akai shot the ground near Gin's leg, instead of directly shooting Gin's vital organ?
And by the looks of it, if Wakita Kanenori is indeed Rum (have seen some peoples posting arguments against in in DCTP forum), then seems the rank within BO members shown so far:
Intelligence wise: Rum > the rest of BO.
Well, according to 1065 when Rum suddenly ordered to burn the island, and Yusaku immediately said he would do the same. It's implied that intelligence wise, Yusaku >~ Rum, and that's saying Rum in very high regards because I think Yusaku is easily > the rest of all characters, intelligence wise.

But, in doing field work / assassination task, seems Gin is still THE MAN. Rum looks old and has bodyguard and driver guarding him. So in actual assassination work, it seems Gin is still the most competent among the BO.

Gin also seemingly doesn't really like Rum? In 1065 when Vodka kept praising Rum, he said "stop praising him everytime."

@Akai2 @Hades

Any idea why Akai shot the ground near Gin's leg, instead of directly shooting Gin's vital organ?
And by the looks of it, if Wakita Kanenori is indeed Rum (have seen some peoples posting arguments against in in DCTP forum), then seems the rank within BO members shown so far:
Well, according to 1065 when Rum suddenly ordered to burn the island, and Yusaku immediately said he would do the same. It's implied that intelligence wise, Yusaku >~ Rum, and that's saying Rum in very high regards because I think Yusaku is easily > the rest of all characters, intelligence wise.

But, in doing field work / assassination task, seems Gin is still THE MAN. Rum looks old and has bodyguard and driver guarding him. So in actual assassination work, it seems Gin is still the most competent among the BO.

Gin also seemingly doesn't really like Rum? In 1065 when Vodka kept praising Rum, he said "stop praising him everytime."
Let me read chapters 1064-1066 and then I comment on this....I have yet to read these chapters..

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
@Akai2 @Hades

My man powerscaling intelligence

But yeah, Yusaku has been portrayed as the smartest dude in the verse. He's the only one that's consistently a step ahead of Shinicihi.

Honestly, the only argument I've seen against Wakita was that his design is too goofy to be a cool right hand man. And that was dispelled this chapter when we saw him without disguise. He looks menacing. Other than that, it was way too obvious. Remember in the 1000-ish case when he showed up at Agasa's house "Oh I was just in the neighbourhood and thought you'd enjoy some treats from the shop" lol Conan mentioned that he knows Shinichi in front of him in the Mouri-Bathroom case. So he'll be on Conan's case soon.

I wouldn't say he's for sure more intelligent than Gin. It depends on the situation.

As for Akai shooting at Gin's leg, not sure if that was intentional or he misfired? It'll be clearer when we get the english scan.

Last edited:
My man powerscaling intelligence

But yeah, Yusaku has been portrayed as the smartest dude in the verse. He's the only one that's consistently a step ahead of Shinicihi.

Honestly, the only argument I've seen against Wakita was that his designs is too goofy to be a cool right hand man. And that was dispelled this chapter when we saw him without disguise. He looks menacing. Other than that, it was way too obvious. Remember in the 1000-ish case when he showed up at Agasa's house "Oh I was just in the neighbourhood and thought you'd enjoy some treats from the shop" lol Conan mentioned that he knows Shinichi in front of him in the Mouri-Bathroom case. So he'll be on Conan's case soon.

I wouldn't say he's for sure more intelligent than Gin. It depends on the situation.

As for Akai shooting at Gin's leg, not sure if that was intentional or he misfired? It'll be clearer when we get the english scan.
https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?p=883493#p883493

^ there, the man posting explanation how Wakita Kanenori might actually not be Rum, but just a red herring. Haven't checked the actual chapters yet, but the phone color difference that the poster said sounds assuring... And the seat color and window car difference too. Although probably that's not the case at all, and Wakita is Rum for real.

There are multiple examples how I can say intelligence wise, Rum is above Gin
1. Iirc Rum was the one exposing Jodie's error when she made a code to trap BO in parking lot. Which then after Yusaku came back to home and heard the story, also immediately recognized the error. While Gin and rest of BO almost fell to Jodie's trap.
2. In 1065. While Gin easily tells that the coffee bean is not Camel setting trap purposefully and Camel tried to hide himself underground. But Rum (which also can tell it) immediately says "the better idea", that instead of looking through the big island completely and racing against time, they would just simply burn it.

Well aside from Rum and possibly the Boss, Gin > the rest though.
Also not really about whole Gin vs Rum intelligence contest, but it seems Gin kinda messed up again, by telling Chianti to target Camel's chest and not his head. He has a reason, to identify Camel's face, but still if Chianti shot the head, Camel would be dead by now.

Any guesses, why Akai only gave a warning shot near where Gin stands instead of actually shooting Gin's vital organ? Or that's just the author prolonging the story? Imo if Akai just sniped Gin's head and he died, that would be big loss for BO to lose 1 of their most competent member just like that lol.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?p=883493#p883493

^ there, the man posting explanation how Wakita Kanenori might actually not be Rum, but just a red herring. Haven't checked the actual chapters yet, but the phone color difference that the poster said sounds assuring... And the seat color and window car difference too. Although probably that's not the case at all, and Wakita is Rum for real.

There are multiple examples how I can say intelligence wise, Rum is above Gin
1. Iirc Rum was the one exposing Jodie's error when she made a code to trap BO in parking lot. Which then after Yusaku came back to home and heard the story, also immediately recognized the error. While Gin and rest of BO almost fell to Jodie's trap.
2. In 1065. While Gin easily tells that the coffee bean is not Camel setting trap purposefully and Camel tried to hide himself underground. But Rum (which also can tell it) immediately says "the better idea", that instead of looking through the big island completely and racing against time, they would just simply burn it.

Well aside from Rum and possibly the Boss, Gin > the rest though.
Also not really about whole Gin vs Rum intelligence contest, but it seems Gin kinda messed up again, by telling Chianti to target Camel's chest and not his head. He has a reason, to identify Camel's face, but still if Chianti shot the head, Camel would be dead by now.

Any guesses, why Akai only gave a warning shot near where Gin stands instead of actually shooting Gin's vital organ? Or that's just the author prolonging the story? Imo if Akai just sniped Gin's head and he died, that would be big loss for BO to lose 1 of their most competent member just like that lol.
Ok I checked what this dude was saying and he's inaccurate. Rum simply moved from close to the window to the centre of the backseat after he finished the phone call. The colors look slightly different because the first scene he was in dark silhouette. So yeah, it's nitpicky and Critical Mindset level of reach lol. Rum switched identities mid panel :steef: lemme write a 10,000 word essay on how Wakita isn't actually Rum brb lol

Yeah in those situations, Rum definitely showed better strategy. I just think it's not fair to judge when he's in his car with a bird's eye view not in the heat of battle. I think he's suspecting Conan so he probably had elementary school on his mind so he was able to tell the error in Jodie's code. Maybe he's smarter than Gin, but I wouldn't be 100% sure just yet. I think the meeting between Yusaku, Akai, and Bourbon that Gosho is still blueballing us on will probably result in a plan to take down Rum. I just hope he's a legit bad guy and not another BO spy like Kir, Akai, Bourbon.

I know what u mean about Akai shooting near Gin, why a warning shot and not a kill shot? Probably just Gosho not wanting to kill Gin now. Probably will be explained by the FBI not wanting to leave behind a mess of dead bodies that could be trailed back to them. Since they don't wanna expose their activates in Japan.

Anyway, the 6 week break came at a really bad point in the story.

Also here's 1066 raw full chapter

Last edited:
J

Jo_Ndule

A month and 2 weeks break?!

So we finally have Rum identity
He moved the plot faster and then asked for a long break lol

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
File 1066 English Scans is out @Hades @Jo_Ndule @jmena @Akuma_Law @Fenaker

Great Chapter! But a 6 week break :josad:

@Topi Jerami The question u asked was addressed
Basically Conan and Akai thought that if they injured BO members for real they'd stay behind and engage in a shootout. It'd lead to definite casualties from the fire fighting crew. So basically timing up the shot to fake the blood + not injuring BO members will be the best strategy to get them to retreat with no fatalities. At least that's what I understood from this translation, a better TL will be out soon

Basically Conan and Akai thought that if they injured BO members for real they'd stay behind and engage in a shootout. It'd lead to definite casualties from the fire fighting crew. So basically timing up the shot to fake the blood + not injuring BO members will be the best strategy to get them to retreat with no fatalities. At least that's what I understood from this translation, a better TL will be out soon
will read it :cheers:

6 Weeks :josad::josad::josad::josad:

To think that old guy with eye patch was Rum all along
Please tell me you’re being sarcastic, because it was clear as day wakita is rum
He is the only one that hasn’t met Haibara

that’s enough prove

kuroda is rei’s secret police boss
And rumi is probably haneda’s lover or something

wakita was the obvious choice

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
1066 HQ English Translation here
Now that RUM has been revealed, I am interested in the identity of "Wakasa Rumi"......
She's most likely Haneda Koji's girlfriend/lover. The Shogi piece is probably a memento of his that she keeps as she searches for Rum to avenge him.