Manga Discussion Detective Conan Discussion Thread

Akai2

πŸ†‰πŸ…ΎπŸ†πŸ…Ύ πŸ†ƒπŸ…ΎπŸ…Ύ πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒπŸ†πŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…Ί!
β€Ž
I don't think so, and even if he is something needs to happen because they can't see his face

and lol Vodka and Camel looks like they're siblings
I agree. He’s gonna get out in some weird way. Unless Gosho decides to take a ruthless route, which would be new for him. I think Rum is also close to being revealed. Probably volume 1000. I think all the hints are pointing at Wakita.
Conan hiding his identity from ran is part of the torture of this manga :arnoling:
I agree lol

I wanna see the end before I die

Akai2

β€Ž
I personally think Conan's end is much closer than OP lol
There's nothing stopping them from going straight to the boss after Rum
I've always said this. Oda created such a giant ever expanding world, cast, story, lore, etc.. That if he decided to take the fastest route possible to the end he'd still need 7-8 years to resolve and realize every plot thread and character arc he's started.

Conan on the other hand is episodic. If Gosho decides that he's going to draw nothing but BO resolution cases from now until the end, it'd take him 4-5 volumes max to resolve everything. However, you say nothing is stopping them from doing that? Gosho's and Shogakukan's bank accounts are stopping them lol The franchise (movies, manga, spin offs, anime, merchandise) is too profitable for them to end it. So we end up with the usual passionate fans who're invested in the series' resolution vs businessmen dichotomy. And the businessmen always win cause money is king unfortunately.

I've always said this. Oda created such a giant ever expanding world, cast, story, lore, etc.. That if he decided to take the fastest route possible to the end he'd still need 7-8 years to resolve and realize every plot thread and character arc he's started.

Conan on the other hand is episodic. If Gosho decides that he's going to draw nothing but BO resolution cases from now until the end, it'd take him 4-5 volumes max to resolve everything. However, you say nothing is stopping them from doing that? Gosho's and Shogakukan's bank accounts are stopping them lol The franchise (movies, manga, spin offs, anime, merchandise) is too profitable for them to end it. So we end up with the usual passionate fans who're invested in the series' resolution vs businessmen dichotomy. And the businessmen always win cause money is king unfortunately.
It doesn't matter for me as long as they can create an interesting cases and murders even without involving BO, episodes 200-400 was a peak in DC where some murders took 4 episodes to solve....they could make multiple murders episode instead of just one murder just like "The case files of Kindaichi shonen" (if you know this)

Akai2

β€Ž
It doesn't matter for me as long as they can create an interesting cases and murders even without involving BO, episodes 200-400 was a peak in DC where some murders took 4 episodes to solve....they could make multiple murders episode instead of just one murder just like "The case files of Kindaichi shonen" (if you know this)
I know about Kindaichi. I love the episodic case files, don't get me wrong. And obviously, that's Gosho's main bread and butter. The BO plot was probably never intended to be as big as it got based on how the series is set up.

In a perfect world, I would want DC to run forever. Resolve the BO plot and then continue the series as Shinichi solving intricate cases. But I'm not naive and I understand the series will never resolve the main conflict unless it's actually ending. So as Gosho gets older, I'm worried we'll have a Bastard, Berserk or Hunter x Hunter situation. A series being in limbo and never giving the fans that stuck with it for so long a conclusion.

Yes, 200-400 with the 4:3 aspect ratio were awesome :akaman: If we could have that forever it'd be great. It's just unrealistic. And Gosho is almost 60.

I know about Kindaichi. I love the episodic case files, don't get me wrong. And obviously, that's Gosho's main bread and butter. The BO plot was probably never intended to be as big as it got based on how the series is set up.

In a perfect world, I would want DC to run forever. Resolve the BO plot and then continue the series as Shinichi solving intricate cases. But I'm not naive and I understand the series will never resolve the main conflict unless it's actually ending. So as Gosho gets older, I'm worried we'll have a Bastard, Berserk or Hunter x Hunter situation. A series being in limbo and never giving the fans that stuck with it for so long a conclusion.

Yes, 200-400 with the 4:3 aspect ratio were awesome :akaman: If we could have that forever it'd be great. It's just unrealistic. And Gosho is almost 60.
well, a man can dream but hey...I wish someone can write similar series on that standards....

J

Jo_Ndule

Detective onan can go on till past 2000 chapters or episodes
Coz every 1-3 episodes/chapters , we get a new case
Every case is refreshing and chilled to watch
The movies are great to watch too.

I want Conan to regain his true self for good now
Let rhek get to the Boss already.
Post automatically merged:

Detective conan cab continue with Shinichi doing cases
Or hattori spinoff
Or even the old man doing cases on his own with shinichi help.

You don't really need the BO organisation for this manga to survive ans be enjoyable

D

Deleted member 83

However, you say nothing is stopping them from doing that? Gosho's and Shogakukan's bank accounts are stopping them lol The franchise (movies, manga, spin offs, anime, merchandise) is too profitable for them to end it. So we end up with the usual passionate fans who're invested in the series' resolution vs businessmen dichotomy. And the businessmen always win cause money is king unfortunately.
I mean like plot-wise, if number 2's down then the boss is not gonna just chill, they'll really go all out to erase the threat, so ideally every thing afterward should be connected to the organization in some way
But yes, the franchise is doing too well for them to end it, especially the movies, box office just getting higher and higher, OP can't compare lol

Akai2

β€Ž
Where can I read this manga? I quite enjoy murder/detective/mystery stories.
You can be a wholesome boy and do what I did and buy the official digital volumes https://www.viz.com/case-closed

or u can just go to manga see and pirate :madmonk:

even if u pirate plz support the official in some way

You don't really need the BO organisation for this manga to survive ans be enjoyable
Of course. Unfortunately business wise they won’t resolve the main plot unless it ends. I wish we resolve everything and get cases forever. But just not realistic

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
β€Žβ€Ž
You can be a wholesome boy and do what I did and buy the official digital volumes https://www.viz.com/case-closed

or u can just go to manga see and pirate :madmonk:

even if u pirate plz support the official in some way

Of course. Unfortunately business wise they won’t resolve the main plot unless it ends. I wish we resolve everything and get cases forever. But just not realistic
I think I will buy the first volume in physical and see if I like it! If I do end up enjoying it then I'll continue collecting them 😁

Akai2

β€Ž
Chapter 1065 Rough English Translation http://imgbox.com/8ycONOo9

I didn't expect Camel to play an important role in this mini BO arc. It's a breath of fresh air. It seems that the Wakita Kanenori theory is gaining more steam with the "silly name" line. I believe Rum's quote "Time is money" could be rearranged as Wakita Kanenori.

Pretty sure Camel used ink from the printer to fake the blood. And the cap is the same as Agasa's fake blood cap that he made for Akai. Probably gonna be some 5D super sniper ability from Akai to snipe Chianti's bullet with his own. The blood will trick the BO that it hit him.

Seems like a really hard sell if u wanna convince me Akai sniped Chianti's bullet lol This ain't OP and he doesn't have FS. Maybe he created a bullet proof vest? Interesting to see how he gets out after the break

Chapter 1065 HQ English Scan

Last edited:

Akai2

β€Ž
File 1066 BIG spoilers
As expected, Rum is revealed to be Wakita. He was the old man that blew Akai's FBI cover back in the day.

Camel : It’s dangerous here, don’t stay!
Camel : Ojiisan!

Camel survived, he made a bullet proof vest from printer paper.

Camel shaved his hair so BO members don't recognize him

Rest of the spoilers here

Also 6 weeks break after this chapter :josad:

Last edited:
File 1066 BIG spoilers
As expected, Rum is revealed to be Wakita. He was the old man that blew Akai's FBI cover back in the day.

Holy shit!!! Finally a confirmation, after like... 5 years???

I remember Gosho moved the plot pretty big with the BIG reveal of BO's official name and its founder. That Carasuma panel and the old man with scarecrow. It was December 2017... and here we are, 3 years later, finally have an official confirmation about Rum's identity!

I honestly more interested with the whole Rum reveal and Gin backstory than the whole Vegapunk / Green Bull reveal and Void Century flashback... So glad this plot finally moves forward in big step again!

File 1066 BIG spoilers

I kinda expected that he is RUM but I am really interested in the identity of Wakasa Rumi...but damn 6 weeks break...it is torture to follow DC manga on weekly basis....:josad:

6 weeks break... wtf...

Yep almost everyone expected he is Rum, after that anagram part. Still it's nice we finally have an official confirmation. That means Rum doesn't have to plot behind the scenes while putting a mask of a good person in front of everyone anymore. Or if he still does it, this time his inner evil dialogue will also be shown.

6 weeks break... wtf...

Yep almost everyone expected he is Rum, after that anagram part. Still it's nice we finally have an official confirmation. That means Rum doesn't have to plot behind the scenes while putting a mask of a good person in front of everyone anymore. Or if he still does it, this time his inner evil dialogue will also be shown.
Need to see more from RUM lol, that dude looks so underwhelming so far for a second in command and when compared to Gin. Now that RUM mystery is solved, next one I am interested in is Vermouth secret and the reason for her hatred towards Haibara and her parents.