Character Discussion Did anybody expect that Mihawk would be the last pre-ts character we would know anything about?

It’s kind of bizarre at this point that we know more about all the admirals, all the Yonko, the pirate King Roger, and the Warlords than we know about Mihawk, an East Blue character

Yes it’s expected that we would get into Mihawk’s character when he fights Zoro but that’s not true for other characters. We know more about Dragon than Mihawk yet we are nowhere near Dragon’s arc to do shit… I can even say we know more about Teach yet again we are nowhere near the actual Luffy vs Teach arc.

So really it’s bizarre there’s zero info on Mihawk after 1000 chapters. Actually no, it’s not bizarre because mihawk is different from all the other characters listed above in one other important way. Mihawk has nothing to do with Luffy.

All the admirals, all the warlords, Roger, all the Yonko, everyone, ties back into Luffy’s story as either an ally, an enemy, a parallel or something. Mihawk remains the only character after 1000 chapters who both doesn’t give a shit about Luffy, and Luffy doesn’t give a shit about him.

And so Mihawk ends up the last character to get developed from the pre time skip because he too far away from the plot (the plot is Luffy) to matter.

It’s kind of bizarre at this point that we know more about all the admirals, all the Yonko, the pirate King Roger, and the Warlords than we know about Mihawk, an East Blue character

Yes it’s expected that we would get into Mihawk’s character when he fights Zoro but that’s not true for other characters. We know more about Dragon than Mihawk yet we are nowhere near Dragon’s arc to do shit… I can even say we know more about Teach yet again we are nowhere near the actual Luffy vs Teach arc.

So really it’s bizarre there’s zero info on Mihawk after 1000 chapters. Actually no, it’s not bizarre because mihawk is different from all the other characters listed above in one other important way. Mihawk has nothing to do with Luffy.

All the admirals, all the warlords, Roger, all the Yonko, everyone, ties back into Luffy’s story as either an ally, an enemy, a parallel or something. Mihawk remains the only character after 1000 chapters who both doesn’t give a shit about Luffy, and Luffy doesn’t give a shit about him.

And so Mihawk ends up the last character to get developed from the pre time skip because he too far away from the plot (the plot is Luffy) to matter.
Damn, that's crazy.

That means pre-TS characters like the Gorosei don't matter.

Introduced in Chapter Titled "Storm"
Zoro's Endgame Goal, meaning He is One of OPVerse Ten Impossible Challenges/Dreams (Eleven if you count Shared Goal of entire Crew)
Introduced as Strongest/Greatest Swordsman
Introduced with Best Blade (After 1000 Chapters, only Pirate King & Strongest Man have similar Weapon)
Introduced with Mysterious Eyes (After 1000 Chapters, only Ruler on Empty Throne & Millennial Elephant share such Eyes)
Zoro's Final Opponent, meaning He is Second Only to Final Villain (And maybe Secondary Villain if it's gonna be like Kaidou/BM Situation)
Achieved his Goal & Bored in a World where Warlords, Admirals, Emperors, Holy Knights & Revos still Compete for Supremacy
After 1000 Chapters, still Excluded from Flashbacks (Even though We saw Dragon, Shanks, Roger, Garp, WB, Kaidou, BM ... etc)
After 1000 Chapters, still his Sword-Style & Signature Attacks are Hidden
... etc

There are Two Things that People need to understand about Mihawk & why Oda chose to Introduce him Super Early:

1. He Shits on literally Everyone Introduced so far, it doesn't matter if it's Shanks or Roger or Yonko or Godheads (Even Imu & BB)
2. However, all of this isn't to De-Hype these Characters, it's actually to transfer all of Mihawk's Hype to Final Villain who isn't Introduced yet

All Characters Indirectly Hype Mihawk
And then when We reach Conclusion of Story, Mihawk gonna be used to Hype Final Villain
Because Final Villain is gonna be Mihawk's Boss (He will lead Cross Guild Post-WG's Fall)

Mihawk is Final Villain's Power Henchman just like Zoro is for Luffy
Crocodile is Final Villain's Wealth Henchman just like Nami is for Luffy
Buggy is Final Villain's Fame Henchman just like Usopp is for Luffy

Just like we don't know anything about crocodile moria buggy weevil and mihawk he will explore them just like he is doing with kuma and did with Doffy and hancock
Post automatically merged:

Wich I just realized this is bad for my Doffy cross guild agenda :josad:

Not true, we know he is a Marine Hunter in the past and still is, went to Roger's execution, and attacking fodders like Don Krieg in East Blue, and never went to swordsmen country Wano and he couldn't defeat Pre-Emperor Shanks in their past duel.

Never fought with Vista, Jozu or WB before until Marineford so he joined the battle to see the power difference between WB.

Made an island his home in Grand Line Paradise and still had to retreat vs Fodder Marines when they attacked him, couldn't protect his home island like Ryuma protect Wano from other people.

Just like we don't know anything about crocodile moria buggy weevil and mihawk he will explore them just like he is doing with kuma and did with Doffy and hancock
Post automatically merged:

Wich I just realized this is bad for my Doffy cross guild agenda :josad:
@kumae well of course the difference between mihawk all the other warlords is… He isn’t going to fight Luffy or join Luffy as an ally… So… that will HEAVILY affect how much story time he gets

Last edited:
@kumae well of course the difference between mihawk all the other warlords is… He isn’t going to fight Luffy or join Luffy as an ally… So… that will HEAVILY affect how much story time he gets
Not neccesarily look King or alber nobody tought loda was going to explore one of Zoro's opponent and actually we are getting things from mihawk like marine hunter unhuman peaceful life
And look this year loda has explored a lot of characters that doesn't have anything to do with luffy

That means pre-TS characters like the Gorosei don't matter.
@Moegara
I mean I would say the Gorosei have more development than mihawk… for example we have gotten two big twist revealed about them… We have learned that they all worship a higher power and that they are all combatants

is there any such twist reveal about mihawk we have learned since he was introduced? I think the last twist regarding mihawk was in East blue when we saw he knew shanks… That’s it… the big twist with mihawk was that he knows Luffy’s mentor

Even discounting Saturn who is obviously more excelled than mihawk, even the Gorosei as a group have more going on… remember in Wano when they had that discussion about the Nika fruit, there we learned they are all a inch of stupid fucking morons for not killing Luffy earlier… see even there we have more character focus on their stupidity than anything mihawk has gotten in over a decade

Naruto vs Sasuke happened as epilogue.
Final villain was taken down in the final arc.
Zoro vs Mihawk has been hyped since the beginning of the show.
Luffy vs BB or Luffy vs WG isn't hyped since the beginning.
This clown think Zolo and Mihawk is equivalent of Naruto and Sasuke:milaugh:

Show me Naruto begging for training from Sasuke, Zolo and Mihawk don't even have a rivalry right now. Let alone being important as Naruto to their own series.

Not neccesarily look King or alber nobody tought loda was going to explore one of Zoro's opponent and actually we are getting things from mihawk like marine hunter unhuman peaceful life
And look this year loda has explored a lot of characters that doesn't have anything to do with luffy
We didn’t get anything from alber tho… Don’t tell me you think King is like a well written character or something… The one and only thing about Alber we actually learned was that he once believed in Joyboy, and then he stopped giving a shit about Joyboy offscreen and started just believing in kaido

it’s hilarious… the one and only character arc King has is about Joyboy… Joyboy being luffy

This is like how people expect the Mihawk flashback to just be about Mihawk and Shanks’ fights… Because Shanks is connected to Luffy of course

We didn’t get anything from alber tho… Don’t tell me you think King is like a well written character or something… The one and only thing about Alber we actually learned was that he once believed in Joyboy, and then he stopped giving a shit about Joyboy offscreen and started just believing in kaido

it’s hilarious… the one and only character arc King has is about Joyboy… Joyboy being luffy

This is like how people expect the Mihawk flashback to just be about Mihawk and Shanks’ fights… Because Shanks is connected to Luffy of course
Yes Kind of true that alber dream was to find joyboy the man who will change the world he wrongly though that man was his captain kaido that's why he gave up and yes zoro wano fight theme was same background and promises with his captain luffy just like King/kaido but back to the topic yes I I believe oda will explore the WSS and mihawk relationship with Shanks but remember the garp vs aokiji what do they have in relation with luffy and loda explored their past or kuzan's one the zoro vs mihawk will be similar

This is true. Anyone that’s not connected to Luffy is insignificant… and weirdly enough, that’s just Mihawk… He’s the only character in the story who is
Yes but he is interested in Luffy. As an observer from what we can tell by his comments in Marineford. Unlike Dragon who was also an observer until we found out he was connected to Luffy.

As you said Mihawk is uniquely insignificant to the story. In most games a character like him would be a narrator of sort.