Powers & Abilities Did G4 became irrelevant with Awakening

I wonder how Oda will do now that Luffy awakened his DF ?
Will Luffy still use G4 ?
Does the time limit be increased or even erased ?

I fail to see how Oda will handle it but it's unlikely that he completely stops G4
All Gears are very useful I think. Luffy G2/G3 Advanced Coc always kept his hybrid Kaido form from Chapter 1026 to Chapter 1036

Luffy G2/G3 Advanced COC, Advanced Haki, Advanced Observation even rival alcoholic Kaido (making him stronger or not weakening him) up to chapter 1041

Luffy Gear 4 (Snakeman, Boundman) against Kaido was tight before CP0 intervened.

Luffy GEAR 5 is the most powerful and versatile but all GEARS are very important.

How about if Luffy is gonna forget how to transform into Gear 5 since he doesn't know how Zoan fruit works and had to die just to trigger the drums of liberation, like how Goku couldn't use UI in the Broly fight 'cause he hasn't mastered it yet.

:choppawhat:

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Gears will be usefull very situational.

I guess they consume different levels of energy.

If G2 consume 10 Energy Units (random numberation), G3 i guess consumes 25 Energy Units, G4 goes up to 100 Energy Units and Awakaning goes 500 Energy Units.

So if possible to fight with G2, he will always prefer that, since it consumes way less energy. He will increse the amount of Gears, depending on the need.

I wonder how Oda will do now that Luffy awakened his DF ?
Will Luffy still use G4 ?
Does the time limit be increased or even erased ?

I fail to see how Oda will handle it but it's unlikely that he completely stops G4
Maybe not irrelevant since current Luffy's G4 can clash with serious Kaidou for such a long time. I guess by the existence of G5, Luffy will remove G4's time limit to become finisher in a fight against major enemies other than Admirals and Emperors.

All Gears are very useful I think. Luffy G2/G3 Advanced Coc always kept his hybrid Kaido form from Chapter 1026 to Chapter 1036

Luffy G2/G3 Advanced COC, Advanced Haki, Advanced Observation even rival alcoholic Kaido (making him stronger or not weakening him) up to chapter 1041

Luffy Gear 4 (Snakeman, Boundman) against Kaido was tight before CP0 intervened.

Luffy GEAR 5 is the most powerful and versatile but all GEARS are very important.
I agree but if Oda keeps the time limit it means Luffy will be out for a certain amount if time and then he will use awakening
It looks incoherent
Post automatically merged:

G5 burns years of lifespan is my bet , so he won't spam it
It was the same with G2 so it's safe to Say life span drawbacks will be removed or Luffy won't care

Maybe not irrelevant since current Luffy's G4 can clash with serious Kaidou for such a long time. I guess by the existence of G5, Luffy will remove G4's time limit to become finisher in a fight against major enemies other than Admirals and Emperors.
I don't think it will be a finisher
Luffy ends his fights with his most recent P.U

I agree but if Oda keeps the time limit it means Luffy will be out for a certain amount if time and then he will use awakening
It looks incoherent

It was the same with G2 so it's safe to Say life span drawbacks will be removed or Luffy won't care

Not really, gear 4 is like SSJ3. Consumes more stamina than Super Saiyam GOD, a higher level.

Just like Gear 4 consumes more than Awakening. GOD form.

Last edited:
Awakening probably takes a lot of energy, so the style of fighting will never change it will always go from g1 to 5. Probably now g4 will not have the same amount of time limits or maybe none at all.

This is what I think.

Awakening probably takes a lot of energy, so the style of fighting will never change it will always go from g1 to 5. Probably now g4 will not have the same amount of time limits or maybe none at all.

This is what I think.
Nope, it onky takss a lot of energy if younhave nit mastered it yet. Doflamingo and Katakuri used it like water.

Luffy was in a dying state before Awakening which is why he tired. That is why he is cutting into his life force this SPECIFIC moment.

Gear2/Base Luffy is already too strong to the point he can fight Kaido to a stand still. I think the incremental boost in strength from base/gear2 isn't too big especially if Luffy is actively using CoC. The way I see it, if Luffy can't beat an opponent with base and CoC then it's clearly time for Gear 5 since gear 4th won't cut it as well.

The only justification for gear 4th right now is if Luffy just wants to fight without CoA alone imo as it's been clearly demonstrated CoA backed gear 4th is miles ahead of CoA backed gear2/base.

It looks incoherent

I mean finisher to enemies other than emperors

I mean finisher to enemies other than emperors
I think the next opponents are above emperor level (Im and Blackbeard) unless Oda wants Luffy to to toy with an Admiral
At this point G4 is too much for everyone not named Kaido

i hope luffys g5 doesn't burn any life force because it would be stupid that luffys awakening is killing him when that is not the case for every other awakening users. It would be stupid that oda is always putting limit on luffy, if should just not make luffy that strong if he wan't s to put stupid limits
I think it's just because Luffy is already really really tired and was close to death