Controversial Did Luffy's punches hurt Kizaru? Official translations conflicting interpretations

Did Luffy's punches hurt Kizaru?

• Total voters

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
On a serious note, the third panel there says "vous vous", which would be like saying "you you"
@RayanOO Is this proper French? Am I tripping?
Yes its proper in French to say that

Because the verb isn’t « relever » but « se relever »
Its doing the thing yourself. Not doing the action for someone/something else.

Vous vous levez tôt : You get up early

Vous levez quelque chose : You raise something

AL sama

Red Haired
Which side are you on?

Sandman's interpretation:

Official French translation:

@Monkey D Monkey @kenedyfake @Topi Jerami @Sentinel @comrade @Den_Den_Mushi @trav @Demongodzolo @Marimo_420 @Aknolagon @Cyrus the Cactus @Rivaille @Monet @Garp the Fist @Gol D. Roger @Afroking @ImmaIvanoM @MarineHQ @Luffy bin Dragon @Luffy is the mc @Rmstorm @Fleet Leader Fenaker @yj @Fiji @Playa4321 @Guan Yu @Ice devil slayer @Sword God Ryuma @Zenos7 @Akai2 @MasterD @RayanOO @Haoshoku @Dark Hound @Camie @Thabeast @style @zorojurou @RyumaZoro @Gon’s Missing Arm @Yo Tan Wa @Orojackson Refugee @Sunita @IceWitch @ShadyOjiro @LolonoisZolo @Grumpy Zoro @HA001 OF THE RAIN @Natalija @Enma @Rukusho @Sade @Sadistic Senpai @stormylife @Geo @Reborn @Cinera @ShishioIsBack @Shishi @Nidai_Kitetsu @Mikail @mly90 @The White Crane @Gauntlet @Kuro Ashi @sanjikun @Extravlad @Lion of Olympus @Buusatan94 @AL sama @Patryipe @Kiwipom @Owl Ki @stairs-kun @BOCCHI @EtenBoby @Fujishiro @Bogard @Punpun @Seth @Elder Lee Hung @I'mTired @Gensui Sazid @Marco @Erkan12 @Blackbeard @Alpha @matt245 @God D usopp @Shanal @ConquistadoR @Jet Pistol @Captain Luffy @Brendan Schaub @park_min young @Daikenki @WesMidnight @serialwinnerv7 @Malick the last Light @yorosenpai @Shinsekai @King of the world @ShadowStyle369 @Daikenki @Seth @LadyVados @BornInAbyss @Fuckthis3 @ShiNoGekai @hayze moya @Meeyori @Franosuke @wys @Lor D. Coast @Kerkovian @wordy @Psychiatrist @kumae @Mr. Reloaded @Taylor_ @ChefboiiFuego @Blazing Lion @grey matter @Owari Da @Malio @OGshine @HAJI @Kurozumi Giggio @Mr.Baj1o @Red Admiral @Mr.9000 @Vanlax @Bt7207. @Croco boy @Herrera95 @JayKitetsu @LilPanda @hedera__helix @Redboy776 @Cruxroux @JoNdule @Veku @Monster Zoro's Tesla Supplier @nik87 @Pringles @Hades @Tensub @Monster Luffy @Peroroncino @Reborn @Jailer @Poorsalino Cooker @Tejas
what kinda coping is that??

Looks like he was using a plural phrase so he was probably referring to both, but at the same time he did make Kizaru bleed in the last chapter while Saturn hasn't bled from a single one of Nika's attacks that I can remeber, so Nika may have just been referring to Saturn.

All in all though, I think Nika might end up beating all of the Gorosei at once after they destroy the Punk's disgustingly fat brain which will make Nika ultra mad and unleash some giant cartoon hammer fist attack named after some Hindu or Japanese deity that flattens them all at once and launches them to the planet's core or sends them into outer space.

I have to admit though that I don't really care that much about powerscaling or agenda weirdness. I just want to see Elbaf, its characters and the fantasy creatures that live there already.
I am kind of glad that people aren't buttkissing Sandman as much as they used to though.:risitavirus:

Last edited:
Sandfraud will not address the actual raws because he can’t:

Nor will he address the three other languages where Nika clearly states he can neither defeat Kizaru nor Saturn.

Reminder that Sandfraud thought White Star Gun defeated Kizaru
^Even sandfraud’s wording in this tweet just sounds like somebody who is using Google translate to speak English lmfao

This guy is as much of an agenda poster as the Yonko fans who beg this guy to make their arguments for them. There’s a reason this fool can’t address the actual languages Admiral fans have used to prove our point, and all he can do is lie about what the English translation actually says, lol
Sandman is correct in his translation for the first panel (Luffy talking in close-up).

Luffy says " お前あんなに殴ったのに効かねェな~~!!! "

"お前 " means "you" (singular).

He only talks about Saturn here, when he says "So all those punches meant nothing to you?!"

Same thing when he gets really annoyed about Saturn returning again later on.

In the scene where he throws both of them away, Luffy uses the plural ("If you both just keep returning, I will send you far away!").

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
In the portuguese official version, Luffy also speaks in "plural":

"Vocês" is a term used to adress multiple people.

"Vão" is also used to adress multiple people, Luffy should use "vais" if he only wanted to adress a singular person.

Now, I don't know much about Japanese, but in Portuguese it looks like Luffy adresses both.
That makes 5!

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
Not only Nika can only land hits on hand-in-pocket Kizaru, his attacks mean nothing next to the emotional damage Kizaru inflict on himself when he killed Vegapunk :milaugh:

Sandman is correct in his translation for the first panel (Luffy talking in close-up).

He only talks about Saturn here, when he says "So all those punches meant nothing to you?!"

In the scene where he throws both of them away, Luffy uses the plural ("If you both just keep returning, I will send you far away!").
Everyone knows he's talking about Saturn mainly
Only admiral fans thinking otherwise

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me

Wait so he is actually talking to both in the raws when referring to both bouncing back/returning?

Apparently that's also how it's translated in French, Spanish, German, and Portuguese.

I don't think any one is disputing he is talking to Saturn in the Luffy close up panel, apparently only the Spanish translation used plural there.