General & Others Did Oda retcon the classes of Devil fruits?

Is it a retcon?

• Total voters
It seems like he did, Mythical Zoans are much, much rarer and I don't think it's a coincidence that the Gorosei and Imu have Mythical Zoans when they could've easily gotten a logia if they wanted to.
If Imu and the Gorosei have all Mythical zoans, which is likely, you can directly eliminate "rarer", let alone the "much, much".

Even considering Dragon, they would be more numerous than Logia. And Stussy could have a vampire mythical zoan too.

Mythical Zoans are much, much rarer
Really? If the Gorosei and Imu all have mythical dfs, that would increase the number of mythical zoans past the number of logias

currently there are 13 logias and 9 mythical zoans. If the Imu and Gorosei are mythical zoans then it will be 15 mythical zoans

Really? If the Gorosei and Imu all have mythical dfs, that would increase the number of mythical zoans past the number of logias

currently there are 13 logias and 9 mythical zoans. If the Imu and Gorosei are mythical zoans then it will be 15 mythical zoans
If Imu and the Gorosei have all Mythical zoans, which is likely, you can directly eliminate "rarer", let alone the "much, much".

Even considering Dragon, they would be more numerous than Logia. And Stussy could have a vampire mythical zoan too.
That's just the amount that have been revealed...not necessarily how many actually exist.

Nothing changed. Logia are still the strongest class. Lava, ice, darkness, light, lighting, forrest... these are all op powers. The only zoans that can match them are azure dragon, nika and maybe daibutsu. Then we have phoenix and wolf mythical that are impressive yet limited. All the other mythical are just glorified ancient zoans. In logia class every single power is at least pretty good. Even the weakest ones like moku moku and numa numa are still stronger than mythicals like orochi, onyudo and kitsune. Logia still reign supreme. That being said, if the 5 elders are all zoan users then everything change.
Such a good post and no likes. Weird. NGL I had to google numa numa (Caribou) and onyudo (Gyukimaru, totally forgot about him or his fruit!).

I agree all the logias are good (I don't particularly care for Ryukogyus "logia" though, it really should be a paramecia and it's not half as good as Magellans). I'd take Ceasars fruit every day of the week ahead of say Yamatos fruit which is just meh. The guy could basically nuke the world if he was a fighter with any sense, he already is a scientist and has the know-how.

Mythical Zoan's were introduced pretty late in the series.
Pre time skip , Only Marco was there.
Sengoku also revealed his DF powers in Marineford.

I agree that mythical zoans are getting pretty common ever since Wano, but we don't really know how many logias and mythical zoans are out there. Things like "soot" and "swamp" could get their own devil fruits, imagine how many other "natural elements" may appear in the future?

Logia are just in general appears to be superior to other fruit due to the hax/intangible nature by default.
This is in general...
A weak person may gain more benefits from an ordinary logia fruit compared to a weak person having ordinary Zoan/Paramecia....

Top tier Logia, Mythical Zoan, top tier Parameica all should be in same classes which is the highest class.......

Such a good post and no likes. Weird. NGL I had to google numa numa (Caribou) and onyudo (Gyukimaru, totally forgot about him or his fruit!).

I agree all the logias are good (I don't particularly care for Ryukogyus "logia" though, it really should be a paramecia and it's not half as good as Magellans). I'd take Ceasars fruit every day of the week ahead of say Yamatos fruit which is just meh. The guy could basically nuke the world if he was a fighter with any sense, he already is a scientist and has the know-how.
I have gas gas fruit in the same tier as suna suna. Versatile, strong abilities but with some very aparent weaknesses. For sand is of course liquids(even in the smallest doses) and for gasu gasu is knowledge. If you are not a scientist you cant use it in its full potential. No other fruit in the entire series has this kind of "speciality". Regarding the forrest fruit i agree. Isnt as strong as the lava lighting etc... But still much stronger than other like smoke, snow or ashes.

I have gas gas fruit in the same tier as suna suna. Versatile, strong abilities but with some very aparent weaknesses. For sand is of course liquids(even in the smallest doses) and for gasu gasu is knowledge. If you are not a scientist you cant use it in its full potential. No other fruit in the entire series has this kind of "speciality". Regarding the forrest fruit i agree. Isnt as strong as the lava lighting etc... But still much stronger than other like smoke, snow or ashes.
Ceasar really managed to give the fruit bad rep. With knowledge you can create nuclear bombs, you essentially become the 4th ancient weapon. New pirate king and sit on the empty throne within weeks.

But even with no knowledge you can probably use poison gas, sleeping gas, radioactive gas or suck up all oxygen as level one attacks that just come with the fruit. It's far beyond the sand fruit.

I wonder who could have utilized it to its full potential. There aren't really that many that have shown to have great knowledge of chemistry, physics or math. I'd say Law is perhaps the one smart enough to figure it out, it would probably fit his style too. None of the MADS are good fighters, they "just" have great science.

(And you just reminded me of Karasus fruit, totally forgot about that one too!)