Powers & Abilities Did Smoker learn about Haki during the Timeskip or did he already have it during Marineford?

The First time we saw Smoker use Haki was after the Timeskip. But did he learn about during the timeskip or did he already have it and simply chose to use his Devil Fruits abilities and Sea Stone weapon pre-timeskip because they were stronger at the time?

The First time we saw Smoker use Haki was after the Timeskip. But did he learn about during the timeskip or did he already have it and simply chose to use his Devil Fruits abilities and Sea Stone weapon pre-timeskip because they were stronger at the time?

He was surprised Hancock hitting his smoke body, and talked about ''Kuja'' Haki as if Haki only belongs to Kuja, its open to interpretation. He definitely had some ideas but I doubt he knew about Haki fully at that point.

If he was using Haki while fighting then Hancock breaking his Haki imbued jutte is a great feat, if he was not, then Hancock should be able to break it easily so its an average feat.

He was surprised Hancock hitting his smoke body, and talked about ''Kuja'' Haki as if Haki only belongs to Kuja, its open to interpretation. He definitely had some ideas but I doubt he knew about Haki fully at that point.
Unlike Ace that had no idea about Haki when facing Teach.

Yup Smoker didn't had any idea of haki. But haki pre-timeskip is so inconsistency since it wasn't draw black.

If he was using Haki while fighting then Hancock breaking his Haki imbued jutte is a great feat, if he was not, then Hancock should be able to break it easily so its an average feat.
his jitte is seastone above the handle so its a pretty good feat. seastone is as hard as diamond.

If he had it pre-skip,he would have tried to capture Ace for real.I'm certain he learned it during the skip to fight in the new world.
Post automatically merged:

Unlike Ace that had no idea about Haki when facing Teach.

Yup Smoker didn't had any idea of haki. But haki pre-timeskip is so inconsistency since it wasn't draw black.
Ace had coa,coo and coc lmfao

His case was probably similar to Luffy i think. Even tho Luffy couldn't use haki, Teach had noticed luffy's haki had gotten stronger since haki is tied to overall strength.

Smoker was probably similar to this most likely, makes sense how he was able to no sell boa's haki attack.
But he was only able to start using haki after TS