Questions & Mysteries Did the last 2 chapters change your view about the Final Villain?

Did the last 2 chapters change your view about the Final Villain of One Piece?

• Yes it did

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • No it didn't

Votes: 55 60.4%
  • Not sure / Undecided

Votes: 20 22.0%

• Total voters

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
BB, Shabks, Luffy are emperors but Blackbeard has no place EOS?
Luffy is the only one of them that'll be important EOS.

The Emperor system won't exist at EOS, and it'll be after Luffy has become the Pirate King.

Not necessarily. Roger's reaction when he found the One Piece was laughter. I think the One Piece is more likely to be something quaint and funny rather than anything earth-shattering
That's irrelevant.
  • Luffy finding the One Piece will make him the Pirate King
  • Luffy will defeat Blackbeard before he becomes the Pirate King
  • The Final War will start after the One Piece has been found
    • Ergo after Blackbeard's defeat

Blackbeard represents the dark side of freedom. He's a distortion of Luffy's ideals. Having someone like him be the final boss just feels right imo
Evil Luffy vs the embodiment of 800 years of tyranny and oppression?

I don't think it's a particularly difficult choice.

Evil Luffy will be Luffy's big fight to become the Pirate King.

Luffy literally has a real dream

Pirate king is a side step now

No pirate is luffys eos fight
Look at the crew's reactions here
Luffy's dream is obviously something crazy and whimsical like pissing on the moon. Not anything epic like political upheaval
Luffy's a pirate. Not a revolutionary

BM got tied with Sanji
Kaido got tied with Zoro

So Usopp it’s looking like Shanks I’m guessing

Coby is now being tied with BB as well

I didn’t think Coby would be getting this endgame presence like an original East Blue Straw Hat but it makes sense as a first chapter character imo

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Luffy's dream is obviously something crazy and whimsical like pissing on the moon. Not anything epic like political upheaval
What it is at this point is irrelevant to the fact that he said becoming pirate king is a sidestep.
Once he is pk is on top of all pirates.

The point of joyboys failures is to overthrow imu

Before Chapter 1044, people had no idea that Luffy will have one of the most powerful DF in the series, it's the only DF power that the World Government wanted to erase it from the entire history.

So we learned that Luffy has this legendary DF ability that once Joy Boy had. So this DF was so powerful that it's nearly a Toon Force ability that gives Luffy enough freedom to do almost anything he wants.

So who can counter this power?

And not only this, Sun vs. Darkness concept was already highlighted in BB's previous battle, where Ace probably used his Logia Awakening via Entei and covered the half of the island with his fire, that his ability looked like an island sized Sun:

Basically, before chapter 1044, people were still saying things like Luffy's Haki is more important, not his DF ability. But Oda proved these people wrong. Post-1044 One Piece, has its main character one of the most powerful DF ability, with the concept of being the Sun God. And it has the ability to do almost anything the user wants, with more freedom and more power once its power has awakened. And Blackbeard is the only character who can counter this freedom and power, with its darkness that can turn everything to nothing. It also make sense that why BB specifically searched for Darkness logia, when there are also other powerful Logia abilities in One Piece, it was probably for countering an absurd and a very powerful Toon Force-like ability.

So did your view change about the Final Villain after Chapter 1044?

Tags;
Logia's and Luffy since lighting can't damage him.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I'm thinking something along the lines of
Elbaf -> Shanks
Lodestar -> Imu
Laugh Tale -> Blackbeard
This is idiotic.

Why would Imu be involved in Lodestar? That makes no sense at all? Why on earth would Imu leave Mariejoa?

The war against the World Government is after Laugh Tale.

Blackbeard isn't Luffy antithesis though. Imu is. The person who controls everythng vs the person who wants to be the freest guy in the world
No, Blackbeard is Luffy's antithesis. Imu embodies the tyranny and oppression of the World Government; Blackbeard is evil Luffy.

There’s no point in a Luffy vs Blackbeard fight for Pirate King anymore.

We already know Luffy is Joy Boy. Not in the way we knew before- Luffy is the protagonist so he will be Joy Boy in the future. No, now it’s completely confirmed, no wiggle room.

A “fight with Blackbeard for the Pirate King” is pointless and redundant. That’s grounds the fight with Kaido has completely covered. We’d be going into it knowing no matter what Blackbeard says or does, he will not be the Pirate King, because he is not Joy Boy.

We’ve also already seen the Strawhats, for the most part, beat the Beast Pirates. If the Blackbeard Pirates are just another Yonko crew, then what’s so special about that? We don’t need another fight against a Yonko crew just to give Nami, Usopp, Chopper and Brook a fair victory.

The fight between the Strawhats and the Blackbeard Pirates has to happen. And the only way it can is if Blackbeard has a completely different goal from all the other pirates and wanna be Pirate Kings.

Enter Rocks, who wanted to be King of the World instead. That’ll be his aim.

Also, I don’t know what to tell you if you think Oda’s got more than one big fighting arc left in his locker. Admire your optimism if anything.

No, I’ve been certain it’s Blackbeard for final villain for years now, how the Beast Pirates fights have went only confirms that.

From this stage on it’s building up Blackbeard as final villain. The way Crocodile and Kaido were built up for villains of their saga.

Imu’s a glorified Spandam/Orochi, or a princess.
If blackbeard kills Im and becomes the new king of the world,then Luffy vs BB is set.

The issue is, is that the chapter called Luffys Dream we are seen Im Sama literally use their powers and be the main antagonist of the chapter

Oda is tying Luffys secret dream to fighting Imu

That's not contrast. They both agree with that
Blackbeard was literally introduced arguing with Luffy over food
Luffy and Blackbeard have similar ideals, but they're still opposites because Blackbeard twists those ideals to be cruel and selfish
Like, do you think it's a coincidence that Blackbeard has 10 Titanic Captains while Luffy wanted10 crewmates? Or that Blackbeard has the darkness fruit while Luffy has the Sun God fruit?

that says I don't believe Imu will be a tradional 1 vs 1 so Blackbeard could still be the final "traditional" villain Luffy beat in 1 vs 1.
I think the only traditional 1 vs 1 left has might be against Shanks or Akainu at this point

BB I think is Rocks 2.0. Just can’t see another reason why Coby is there

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Look at Usopp, Robin and Nami's initial reactions.

That's shock and disbelief. It's definitely something revolutionary not crazy and whimsical.

You forget that Luffy's dream is also Roger's dream, and a dream that Roger shared with Oden and Whitebeard.

Roger's dream being crazy and whimsical makes no sense. Luffy's dream should also be connected to being "Joy Boy".