Questions & Mysteries Did the last 2 chapters change your view about the Final Villain?

Did the last 2 chapters change your view about the Final Villain of One Piece?

• Yes it did

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • No it didn't

Votes: 55 60.4%
  • Not sure / Undecided

Votes: 20 22.0%

• Total voters
Before Chapter 1044, people had no idea that Luffy will have one of the most powerful DF in the series, it's the only DF power that the World Government wanted to erase it from the entire history.

So we learned that Luffy has this legendary DF ability that once Joy Boy had. So this DF was so powerful that it's nearly a Toon Force ability that gives Luffy enough freedom to do almost anything he wants.

So who can counter this power?

And not only this, Sun vs. Darkness concept was already highlighted in BB's previous battle, where Ace probably used his Logia Awakening via Entei and covered the half of the island with his fire, that his ability looked like an island sized Sun:

Basically, before chapter 1044, people were still saying things like Luffy's Haki is more important, not his DF ability. But Oda proved these people wrong. Post-1044 One Piece, has its main character one of the most powerful DF ability, with the concept of being the Sun God. And it has the ability to do almost anything the user wants, with more freedom and more power once its power has awakened. And Blackbeard is the only character who can counter this freedom and power, with its darkness that can turn everything to nothing. It also make sense that why BB specifically searched for Darkness logia, when there are also other powerful Logia abilities in One Piece, it was probably for countering an absurd and a very powerful Toon Force-like ability.

So did your view change about the Final Villain after Chapter 1044?

Tags;

Before Chapter 1044, people had no idea that Luffy will have one of the most powerful DF in the series, it's the only DF power that the World Government wanted to erase it from the entire history.

So we learned that Luffy has this legendary DF ability that once Joy Boy had. So this DF was so powerful that it's nearly a Toon Force ability that gives Luffy enough freedom to do almost anything he wants.

And not only this, Sun vs. Darkness concept was already highlighted in BB's previous battle, where Ace probably used his Logia Awakening via Entei and covered the half of the island with his fire, that his ability looked like an island sized Sun:

Basically, before chapter 1044, people were still saying things like Luffy's Haki is more important, not his DF ability. But Oda proved these people wrong. Post-1044 One Piece, has its main character one of the most powerful DF ability, with the concept of being the Sun God. And it has the ability to do almost anything the user wants, with more freedom and more power once its power has awakened. And Blackbeard is the only character who can counter this freedom and power, with its darkness that can turn everything to nothing. It also make sense that why BB specifically searched for Darkness logia, when there are also other powerful Logia abilities in One Piece, it was probably for countering an absurd and a very powerful Toon Force-like ability.

Tags;
My view doesn't change.

If Teach has Ultimate Nullifier in Yami2, Luffy has Ultimate Freedom in Nika Fruit. Teach may be able to nullify Luffy's fruit ability, but Luffy may also be able to set himself unrestricted by Teach's intervention since he may apply freedom concept that way once he mastered it further.

Teach will be the decisive PK villain imo, and Imu the last final boss.

I think its going to be Luffy vs Blackbeard and Kid & Law vs Imu with both fights happening simultaneously.

Teach is objectively a bigger threat than Imu. He is capable of eating multiple DFs. One of them, the yami yami no mi, is called the most evil DF. The other one has the ability to destroy the world. Even if Imu has a god fruit like Luffy, Teach still has far more potential.

If Teach awakens both the gura gura and the yami yami, he would be a full blown planet buster, which is why I think Luffy and Teach will fight on the moon.

Luffy is a very competent fighter even without awakening in my opinion. I honestly don't think he will have much trouble against BB if comes down to 1 v 1. The one thing where BB can truly trouble Luffy is if he goes full villain mode and tries to sink Islands and stuff.

I was quite confident that the final villain will be Blackbeard and I have made threads about it before. If anything, the last two chapters kind of confirmed it.

Luffy is at his peak with G5, which means he is on Joyboy/Roger level with this power. There will be no one in the verse equal to him after he beats Kaido with G5. Thats why Oda has to create a new challenge for Luffy, a final boss who will be above Joyboy/Roger/Whitebeard to be a serious threat. The only man who is capable of doing that is Blackbeard. Imu is most likely a woman, so she wont be the final boss.

I think that Luffy might not actually fight Imu himself and the WG as we know it will not completely be overthrown. The Final War will not be fought between two clear sides, one being depicted as good and the other as bad, but it will have multiple parties fighting for their agendas. I think that Dragon will be the one to fight Imu, throughout the manga he has done nothing except sit back most of the time and direct things like a king. Luffy will be fighting BB while Dragon will be fighting Imu at the same time. The conflict with BB for the One Piece has been set up so good for the SHPs vs BB Pirates and the conflict between Rev Army and the CDs/Gorosei has also been pretty well set up.

I hope Oda goes this way (again this is just my headcannon) like the LoTR wars where multiple battles are being fought at the same time on different fronts and I think that Oda has already done so previously throughout OP where we are following Luffy and his story but sometimes greater/more impactful events are also happening in other places at the same time.

Tags;
Luffy's final villain will be Papazuki. :cheers:

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
There’s no point in a Luffy vs Blackbeard fight for Pirate King anymore.

We already know Luffy is Joy Boy. Not in the way we knew before- Luffy is the protagonist so he will be Joy Boy in the future. No, now it’s completely confirmed, no wiggle room.

A “fight with Blackbeard for the Pirate King” is pointless and redundant. That’s grounds the fight with Kaido has completely covered. We’d be going into it knowing no matter what Blackbeard says or does, he will not be the Pirate King, because he is not Joy Boy.

We’ve also already seen the Strawhats, for the most part, beat the Beast Pirates. If the Blackbeard Pirates are just another Yonko crew, then what’s so special about that? We don’t need another fight against a Yonko crew just to give Nami, Usopp, Chopper and Brook a fair victory.

The fight between the Strawhats and the Blackbeard Pirates has to happen. And the only way it can is if Blackbeard has a completely different goal from all the other pirates and wanna be Pirate Kings.

Enter Rocks, who wanted to be King of the World instead. That’ll be his aim.

Also, I don’t know what to tell you if you think Oda’s got more than one big fighting arc left in his locker. Admire your optimism if anything.

No, I’ve been certain it’s Blackbeard for final villain for years now, how the Beast Pirates fights have went only confirms that.

From this stage on it’s building up Blackbeard as final villain. The way Crocodile and Kaido were built up for villains of their saga.

Imu’s a glorified Spandam/Orochi, or a princess.

Imu was never an option for the final villain.
This is a manga about pirates and Imu feels like a filler char, he is for Dragon who was as irrelevant as him throughout all the manga.

On the other hand, with Luffy's new power, the fight with Blackbeard it doesnt look anymore so attractive. Against BlackBeard or any other character actually.