Questions & Mysteries Did the last 2 chapters change your view about the Final Villain?

Did the last 2 chapters change your view about the Final Villain of One Piece?

• Yes it did

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • No it didn't

Votes: 55 60.4%
  • Not sure / Undecided

Votes: 20 22.0%

• Total voters
Final Villian isnt BB.

You need to find the one piece, to wage war against the world government and pose a serious threat to them.

Luffy and BB will duke it out for PK
I often think about this, and realized a thing: Teach always had a plan and it's developing in the right direction, but what's his final goal?

It is not an original theory, in fact I guess many of us came up with similar conclusion: Luffy and Teach are the main threat for the millenary world government, but for opposite reasons.
-Luffy is the next JoyBoy, the strong, charismatic freedom fighter who rights the wrong, bringing peace, freedom and joy to wherever he goes with his friends. The one designed to step up and lead a new wave of ideals, a resistence, a world War against the oppressive WG.
-Teach, instead, embodies selfishness, cynism, arrogance, amoral ambition, the desire of dominance, betrayal, a Machiavellian mind. Many said that Teach is going to be the new Xebec, the one who aimed for the top of the world, not of mere piracy. What if Teach is gonna actually be the new Im-sama?

Maybe, what if Luffy will succeed in his run for the truth, adventure, journey, party, connection, until Laugh Tale while Blackbeard, instead, military conquer the actual land of gods, Mary Geoise?

King of Pirates vs King of the World?
Sun God vs Pure Darkness?
Will of D. (Dawn) vs Corrupted D (eternal night)?
Soda vs Cherry pie?
A candid white dreamer vs a black nightmare dreamer?

In summary: what if Luffy defeats Shanks, goes to Laugh Tale and achieves his dream, Teach defeats Imu and achieves his dream and only then, the two of them will finally collide in a all-out world War?
This will be extremely intense, for me and will obviate the lack of pathos in having Imu, an out-of-nowhere villain, as the final enemy for Luffy.

Luffy represents true freedom
Blackbeard represents anarchy, the dark side of freedom
Imu represents oppression, the antithesis of freedom

The simple ideals these characters represent would dictate that Imu and the WG must be the final villain. And from the actual structure of the story it makes complete sense. WG runs the world. Not Teach. When the WG is defeated, the globe will be forever changed. When Teach is defeated, it'll be headlines for a week and that's it.

Luffy and BB will fight to symbolically determine what type of freedom the people would want after the fall of the WG. Choosing who their champion will be for the true big battle. Luffy vs Kaido was a fight between the true Joyboy and a failed Joyboy. Luffy vs BB will be Joyboy vs whatever Rocks was. A fully realised Grumpyboy, perhaps. But the true evil champion counterpart to Joyboy.

BB pirates are a bunch of schemers and have devil fruits and fighting styles centred around underhanded tactics and deceit. They're going to try and cheat their way to PK probably by catching the straw hats off guard at the last minute. A showdown (at Raftel perhaps), to prove why the straw hats were the ones everyone was waiting for.

They're not final villain material.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
No group that was being blackmailed by Doflamingo will be final villains. If he tried his shit with a Yonko he’d have been dead within the week.

The World Gov is a fractured group. Half the kings would leap to Luffy’s side, so would half the Marines. Even Akainu doesn’t think much of them. The Celestial Dragons are inbred morons for the most part. The Gorosei have spent the entire series on the back foot trying dismally to react to Luffy and Blackbeard tearing their precious world order to shreds. A 4 billion berry man can waltz in and out of Mariejois without a care in the world. Imu literally had the Ancient Weapon Poseidon under their noses and did nothing- Charloss of all people was the only one who tried, and not because he actually knew what Shirahoshi was.

Their only successes have been killing an island of civilians and scholars- something Jack could have accomplished. They didn’t even capture Ace, Blackbeard handed him to them and merrily took advantage of his position as a Warlord. CP9 were embarrassed by a rookie group of pirates and ended up with a promotion.

Their existence relies on a handul of powerful Marines (of questionable loyalty), force of numbers and the fact that most people don’t even bother to challenge the status quo. That’s why Dragon, their great enemy, wants people to question the world. People like Luffy and Blackbeard, Roger and Xebec, they don’t give a fuck about the supposed unbreakable laws of the world, taboos like never attacking a Celestial Dragon. And the World Gov ends up impotent in the face of that rebellious spirit.

No group that was being blackmailed by Doflamingo will be final villains. If he tried his shit with a Yonko he’d have been dead within the week.

The World Gov is a fractured group. Half the kings would leap to Luffy’s side, so would half the Marines. Even Akainu doesn’t think much of them. The Celestial Dragons are inbred morons for the most part. The Gorosei have spent the entire series on the back foot trying dismally to react to Luffy and Blackbeard tearing their precious world order to shreds. A 4 billion berry man can waltz in and out of Mariejois without a care in the world. Imu literally had the Ancient Weapon Poseidon under their noses and did nothing- Charloss of all people was the only one who tried, and not because he actually knew what Shirahoshi was.

Their only successes have been killing an island of civilians and scholars- something Jack could have accomplished. They didn’t even capture Ace, Blackbeard handed him to them and merrily took advantage of his position as a Warlord. CP9 were embarrassed by a rookie group of pirates and ended up with a promotion.

Their existence relies on a handul of powerful Marines (of questionable loyalty), force of numbers and the fact that most people don’t even bother to challenge the status quo. That’s why Dragon, their great enemy, wants people to question the world. People like Luffy and Blackbeard, Roger and Xebec, they don’t give a fuck about the supposed unbreakable laws of the world, taboos like never attacking a Celestial Dragon. And the World Gov ends up impotent in the face of that rebellious spirit.
Neg diffed the notion of the WG being the final villains.

Also note how it was said that Roger joined Garp to protect the Celestials. Probably because Roger understood that it's not the right time to dismantle them yet, seeing it as his priority to stop Xebec as the bigger bad. So WG has a history of relying on pirates.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Neg diffed the notion of the WG being the final villains.

Also note how it was said that Roger joined Garp to protect the Celestials. Probably because Roger understood that it's not the right time to dismantle them yet, seeing it as his priority to stop Xebec as the bigger bad. So WG has a history of relying on pirates.

Yeah, I’ve always thought that was the final nail in the coffin.

Rocks (Blackbeard) was such a threat that Garp (Marines? Maybe Coby/Smoker) and Roger (Luffy) teamed up, protecting Celestial Dragons (World Gov) in the process? People really not seeing what that could be symbolising for EoS?

This all sounds like cope dude lol. Just because you find them understandably underwhelming, doesn't make them any less of the final antagonists.

Final War is not as simple as you think

Akainu gonna make his Move
Lurking Legend gonna emerge
Blackbeard gonna reach his Full Potential
Imu gonna turn against WG or basically everyone
Bakkin (+Weevil) gonna be much more troublesome than you realize
Loki is far more important to the Story than people think
Man with Eye-Patch gonna appear in Final Chapters
Mihawk is definitely gonna fight Zoro whether you like it or not
Kong & Gorosei will be Strong Pawns too
... etc

Marineford will indeed look like Filler compared to it
And no, Blackbeard isn't Last Fight, you guys jumped to the idea of Sun vs Darkness but forgot who Nika even represents
Nika is Freer of Slaves, his Final Enemy is The Biggest Enslaver & that's obviously Imu
Blackbeard has never been Portrayed as an Enslaver, but ofc he will be there in Final Two Volumes of Manga

the final villain would be a person of WG, the thing is, Luffy and BB will fight to acquire Onepiece, but it was mention that a battle will engulf the entire world when One Piece is found, so BB was not the final villain then.

Yeah a bit. I always saw Blackbeard as Luffy's archnemesis, but I was considering that his final opponent would turn out to be Imu. But after 1044 I think we can safely say the final boss is probably going to be Blackbeard. Sun God vs Darkness is a pretty clear contrast

Before Chapter 1044, people had no idea that Luffy will have one of the most powerful DF in the series
I mean, not quite. Luffy has the most ridiculous Devil Fruit (i.e. the silliest), but it was never stated he has one of the strongest. At the end of the day he IS just a rubber human, mythical Zoan or not. Plus, it's been outright stated that Law has the ultimate Devil Fruit

In the hands of someone other than Luffy, the Nika Nika wouldn't exactly be worth much. Not to say the Nika Nika isn't a good fruit, but I don't see how it could be on par with reality bending powers like the Ope Ope

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
This all sounds like cope dude lol. Just because you find them understandably underwhelming, doesn't make them any less of the final antagonists.
The World Gov as final villains needs Imu and the Gorosei to be the most powerful six people in the world.

Which makes no sense. If they were, they wouldn’t need the Admirals. They wouldn’t allow the Yonko to have sprouted up. They wouldn‘t have needed to accept pirates (the Warlords) in order to maintain the balance of the world. They wouldn’t have been unable to go after Ace because he was under Whitbeard’s command. They wouldn’t be needing to make secret deals witn Kaido. They wouldn’t have been blackmailed by someone like Doflamingo. They wouldn’t have needed Roger’s to beat Rocks.

Not once have Imu, the Gorosei or the Celestial Dragons done something that would make them the final villains, figures that need to be defeated in a series of battles to be overthrown. They are certainly evil figures that need to be disposed of- but so was Orochi and Spandam. Saobody showed the problems of the World Gov in microcosm. Charloss was pathetic. Anyone can stand up and take him down. It’s the threat of the Admirals that stop people. And right now, two of the Admirals are anti-World Gov.

Since that oda gave a lot of pu to luffy in this arc imo a fight will left and that's BB since is luffy counterpart probably oda has another plans for akainu like sabo or dragon vs him and I don't see im as a fighter I saw a theory a long time ago that BB will invade Mariejois and kill him this before the end of the series

The past two chapters didn't change my opinion on the final villian, if anything it reinforced the idea that it will be Imu.

The world Government being terrified of it to the point where they changed its name, tells me Joyboy was quite troublesome for them with it during the void century. Perhaps it has something to do with him bringing joy to people and forming considerable alliances against the world Government.

As for Blackbeard, I still maintain that it will be a battle of haki against devil fruit. It's easy to forget because of Luffy awakening his fruit, but he has mastered all three forms of haki and has also showcased more abilities of the voice of all things.

The World Gov as final villains needs Imu and the Gorosei to be the most powerful six people in the world.

Which makes no sense. If they were, they wouldn’t need the Admirals. They wouldn’t allow the Yonko to have sprouted up. They wouldn‘t have needed to accept pirates (the Warlords) in order to maintain the balance of the world. They wouldn’t have been unable to go after Ace because he was under Whitbeard’s command. They wouldn’t be needing to make secret deals witn Kaido. They wouldn’t have been blackmailed by someone like Doflamingo. They wouldn’t have needed Roger’s to beat Rocks.

Not once have Imu, the Gorosei or the Celestial Dragons done something that would make them the final villains, figures that need to be defeated in a series of battles to be overthrown. They are certainly evil figures that need to be disposed of- but so was Orochi and Spandam. Saobody showed the problems of the World Gov in microcosm. Charloss was pathetic. Anyone can stand up and take him down. It’s the threat of the Admirals that stop people. And right now, two of the Admirals are anti-World Gov.
Yeah I agree with pretty much all of this. Plus, I personally don't think Imu is getting played as a serious threat. One Piece is not a series that takes itself seriously, and if you look at its track record with mysterious/serious characters, they're rarely played straight.

- Katakuri was built up as an ultra badass, and then he turned out to be a goofball
- Kaido was built up as an ultra badass, and then he turned out to be a goofball
- Blackbeard was built up in Drum Island/Alabasta, and then he turned out to be the guy Luffy argued with over cherry pies
- King was built up as a stoic badass and then he had his whole "that's how pteranodons hunted in ancient times" thing

You get the idea. One Piece is a series that loves to play these kinds of characters for comedy. Like, right now we're in the middle of Luffy's biggest fight yet and it's filled with cartoony gags. The only one that I can think of who was played 100% straight is Akainu, but in his case he's not really supposed to be a likeable or fun character, so it makes sense there.

Basically what I'm saying is that I 100% expect Imu to be a goofy-ass midget.

Nah Imu has been my pick for final villain (though Oda could make it BB if he wants). It may be a pirate manga and Blackbeard is a great rival for Luffy but things are turning out to being bigger than just pirates. I understand the Xebec connection but Blackbeard has said he wants to be pirate king and Whitebeard basically tells us that after One Piece is found the war against the WG will come. Maybe taking over the world is something Blackbeard wants but I think he wants becoming pirate king to be a stepping stone and Luffy will stand in the way of his ambitions, this is the ultimate fight between pirates. Imu has Luffy and Blackbeard on his mind and one of the two will absolutely confront him, and we know who that will be. The world nobles are the most evil characters in the story and have had the world in shackles, Luffy has been a character of liberation from the beginning and that concept is being reinforced even further now by the Nika reveal(warrior of liberation), he’s destined to carry the weight of generations on his back to change the world for the better. I think the final boss has to be the pinnacle of the WG, the hidden king of the world. One might say what about Dragon? This is his whole purpose in the story I get it. But we known how side characters get treated, the Strawhats (Luffy especially) always deal w the main threats. The side ppl deal w the sub antagonists, if Dragon gets an Imu fight he’s going to lose just for Luffy to come and save him and I don’t see a scenario where Imu is the secondary villain he’s too important (we don’t even know what he looks like). I don’t think Oda has waited to show Dragon all this time just to hype up Luffy or be a side kick. I am a huge Sakazuki fanboy and I have been preaching Luffy vs Sakazuki for years because in my mind it was the most set in stone thing and hate the concept of Sabo fighting him (for certain reasons). After the revelation of Imu and now this battle against Kaido I’m not so certain anymore, it’s easy to make Blackbeard strong enough to look like a bigger threat than Kaido and same for Imu but for Akainu I think not so much. This will be a big war where there could be multiple face offs and opponent switching that could happen for much awaited character interactions but in the end I think Luffy is absolutely the one to defeat Imu and for Dragon I think would be a suitable and hype matchup for Akainu, the allied generals vs the enemy generals. I need Luffy to interact w Akainu though, prove his growth and show everyone he’s moved on from Marineford and that he’s simply got bigger fish to fry. Plus it seems like Akainu has some kind of history w Dragon he sounded so obsessed w killing the “son of dragon” way more than he did w the son of the pirate king.

sorry for the long post, these are just my thoughts 😅(A LOT of them)

According to who?
Not once have Imu, the Gorosei or the Celestial Dragons done something that would make them the final villains, figures that need to be defeated in a series of battles to be overthrown.
They are the ones that have enslaved the world for 800 years. What is far and away the biggest crime in the entire series. Everything about their very existence is in complete opposition to who Luffy is and what he stands for.

OP is a story about freedom. And in every single arc we're introduced to an oppressor in some way that obstructs that freedom. The oppressor is defeated, and the enslaved are freed. That's how things have gone for 1045 chapters. It'll be no different now. Rather the very fact that it is the finale means that it's all the more important to nail down hardest on the themes of the story up until that point. Otherwise you get a Naruto situation.

BB represents lawlessness and disorder. Sure, that's bad. But it's not on the level of slavery and oppression.

Let me ask you this. What's the opposite of someone who is free? Someone who is chaotic...or someone who is a slave?