Questions & Mysteries Did Whole Cake Island Arc make you hate Sanji?

It was a combination of things in the New World that made me dislike Sanji. Some even prior to the new world. I’ll preface this by saying he’s redeeming himself now but I didn’t like the Germa shit I wish it was completed in WCI.

1. Being trained by Ivankov and running and wearing a dress. That was a complete turn off to me especially considering Luffy and Zoro were trained by monsters. The dress was a shot directly at Sanjis character.

2. The Vergo fight Sanji getting his leg cracked any someone who got one shotted made Sanji seem weak.

3. The Doflamingo fight Sanji got one shotted again. He couldn’t do anything to save the crew he actually had to be saved immediately.

4. Sanji leaving to go to WCI with half ass resolve knowing that Luffy was going to come after him regardless of the reason. He was there for the CP9 arc Luffy will wage war against the government for his crew.

5. Sanji losing to judge because he didn’t want to hurt the clone soldier. Rather he knew it was a clone or not kick that bitch.

6. Sanji attacking Luffy with everything he had at the moment and then running back to Luffy when he realized he fucked up. He should have stayed with Luffy from the start.

7. Not being able to save Luffy from the Big Mom Pirates and getting shot. He seemed helpless until the Vinsmoke got there.

8. BAKING BIG MOM A MOTHERFUKING CAKE!!! I hated that more than any particular moment in the series. He wouldn’t use the poison at all when Big Mom could have killed the crew. You don’t bake her a cake let her kill her own crew fuck her.

9. I hate his gag I think he should hit women when necessary. I also hate the nosebleeds. It’s also inconsistent because he hit Big Mom.

I clearly don’t agree with Sanjis ideology. But I’m glad he seems to be a part of the M3 again. Though I wish he’d gotten someone better than Queen. Also a lot of Sanji fans still make me hate him.

But

Context of the scene Tamago was suggesting that Sanji could work for big mom as a cook. Sanji only wants to be a cook for the strawhats. His duty as chef to feed the starving still stays regardless for who he works as a cook for.
Its just BS dialogue, that's it. The only use of his hands is to cook for hia friends is what's Written. Whole arc was like that with him and watching his BS, ended same way.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
1. He was about to leave Usopp on Water 7.
Not in dangerous territory. Luffy is not dumb when it comes to his crewmates, and Sanji knows that better than anyone to try to play off the Robin/Nami 2.0 "everything is fine act" it didn't work then, it sure as hell wasn't going to work now. We really didn't need a rehash of the crewmate needing help but acting like they don't deal, especially coming from Sanji one of the pillars of the crew, if that doesn't bother you as a fan of this series (or Sanji) I don't know what will.

2. Big Mom was being honest. The only people who were going to die was germa.
Missed the point, Big Mom's honesty is irrelevant. The optics weren't good for Sanji there.

4. He literally didn’t know about anything that was going on. He saw children in a hospital, that’s it. He didn’t know about the experimentation or drugging. And he was the one who rescued Kinemon because he actually knew kinemon needed rescue.
He was literally arguing with Nami, to abandon crying kids pleading to be saved, even the densest of people would be able to tell those kids were in trouble. Sanji said "we're not running a charity here", and for Sanji to be vehemently arguing against Nami who he is constantly simping for, just goes to show you how against the idea of saving the children he was.

So yea you basically missed the mark with Sanji's character.
Questions Zoro saving Smoker
Tells Zoro/Chopper to let Wiper die
Lets Nami know that saving the dying Minks might be the wrong decision
-And like I showed above playing ignorant to kids in danger crying for help

Is Sanji a monster because he does these things? Not really, he has done kind things before as well, but compared to any other strawhat, Sanji is by far and away the coldest, who always calculates risk/reward (aside from people who are hungry, that's his thing), but yea let's go and save my shitty murdering/rapist siblings and father at the cost of my crewmates being caught up in a fight against a Yonkou. Trying to save Reiju alone would be one thing. That whole kind guy narrative was some of the worst piece of writing Oda has ever conjured up.

5. Because wanting to save everyone is a bad thing? He literally told Luffy and them to leave so they wouldn’t get caught in the crossfire. Luffys the one who decided to stay. Sanji didn’t even ask.
It's inconsistent with his character, and Sanji acting like Luffy was gonna walk away from WCI when he was there to witness Arlong Park, and Enies Lobby is beyond stupid to begin with.

Last edited:
why did bigmom not kill the baratie workers after her disgraceful loss to the strawhats?
Biggest BS for sure. He went to WCI without telling anything to his crew lime a emo kid. Telling it was for the crew is BS, they are fighting yonko that's why took break too. Giving benefit of doubt and say he went to help baratie... Then he could have mentioned it, but we saw what he did, he did a stupid drama before luffy as if everyone is going to fall for it. And acting was to apparently help luffy :whitepress:.
He then proceeds to simp on his fiance by imagining a future and being happy.... Fucks up.. Cries back to luffy.... There was so much wrongly done, I hated oda so much at that time

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Disappointed. Very dissapointing.

Wano Sanji and WCI Sanji are like night and day. Goes to show Oda forced him to be like that.
Literally any Sanji from any arc ever is night and day to WCI Sanji, which was some one arc rental Sanji ripoff Oda subbed in to make the arc a tearjerker. It's a shame this deep into One Piece Oda was willing to do that to a core character.

Literally any Sanji from any arc ever is night and day to WCI Sanji, which was some one arc rental Sanji ripoff Oda subbed in to make the arc a tearjerker. It's a shame this deep into One Piece Oda was willing to do that to a core character.
Oda indeed should not have done it with a old crew member. Maybe if it was a new nakama setting from WCI, And sanjii played a major role being a cook and all taken into consideration that would have been much better fpr his so called year

Not in dangerous territory. Luffy is not dumb when it comes to his crewmates, and Sanji knows that better than anyone to try to play off the Robin/Nami 2.0 "everything is fine act" it didn't work then, it sure as hell wasn't going to work now. We really didn't need a rehash of the crewmate needing help but acting like they don't deal, especially coming from Sanji one of the pillars of the crew, if that doesn't bother you as a fan of this series (or Sanji) I don't know what will.

Missed the point, Big Mom's honesty is irrelevant. The optics weren't good for Sanji there.

He was literally arguing with Nami, to abandon crying kids pleading to be saved, even the densest of people would be able to tell those kids were in trouble. Sanji said "we're not running a charity here", and for Sanji to be vehemently arguing against Nami who he is constantly simping for, just goes to show you how against the idea of saving the children he was.

Is Sanji a monster because he does these things? Not really, he has done kind things before as well, but compared to any other strawhat, Sanji is by far and away the coldest, who always calculates risk/reward (aside from people who are hungry, that's his thing), but yea let's go and save my shitty murdering/rapist siblings and father at the cost of my crewmates being caught up in a fight against a Yonkou. Trying to save Reiju alone would be one thing.

It's inconsistent with his character, and Sanji acting like Luffy was gonna walk away from WCI when he was there to witness Arlong Park, and Enies Lobby is beyond stupid to begin with.
1. The Marines were at Water 7 when Luffy was leaving Usopp there. Usopp wasn’t a crewmate. That’s why Luffy left him. Sanji was also no longer a crewmate at this time.

2. You said he was dumb for believing big mom would spare the straw hats, but that’s exactly what would’ve happened? What’s the point then.

3. Yeah cause he thought they were sick in a hospital… children don’t like being in a hospital. For all he knew they had a terrifying illness that separated them from their families. Why bring that into an isolated ship and infect everyone?

4. Only Luffy wanted to save smoker. The man was trying to kill them earlier that day, same with Wyper. And Sanji was the first one to help the minks. The only thing that panel shows was Sanji was preparing Nami for in case they were enemies. Saying he was saying it was the wrong choice when he started it is a hell of a stretch.

5. Sanji is the most calculated, but he’s also the one of the most compassionate. Second only to Luffy. Being calculated doesn’t mean you’re cold, he is just willing to risk the pros and cons. It’s why he was the only one who wanted to help Kinemon, it was why he was willing to save his family, it was why he reassembled Duvals face, it was why he told Luffy to calm down before telling Usopp to leave or why he stopped chopper from making it work.

6. It’s not stupid. He knows Luffy would do anything for a crewmate. So he did what Usopp did and left the crew and fought Luffy. Figuring if he wasn’t a crewmate Luffy would accept that Sanjis fate is his choice.

Is Sanji a monster because he does these things? Not really, he has done kind things before as well, but compared to any other strawhat, Sanji is by far and away the coldest, who always calculates risk/reward (aside from people who are hungry, that's his thing), but yea let's go and save my shitty murdering/rapist siblings and father at the cost of my crewmates being caught up in a fight against a Yonkou. Trying to save Reiju alone would be one thing. That whole kind guy narrative was some of the worst piece of writing Oda has ever conjured up.

Luffy left Ussop in the middle of a natural disaster

I don't hate him, but he's been the Straw Hat I like least since Whole Cake Island. I mean, he didn't trust Luffy after everything they'd been through together. Then he beat up Luffy and left him and Nami to their fate. And what did he do while Luffy was ready to tear off his arms and Brook bravely stood up to Big Mom: He was hopping to Pudding with a smile on his face like a complete idiot to bring her food. I repeat myself, but it's a shame Zoro wasn't there because he would have brought Sanji back to his senses the hard way.
Okay, they threatened to kill Zeff, but what made him believe later that Big Mom would leave Zeff alone if he ruined the wedding party and escaped?