Do you believe in evolution?

believe in evolution?

• yes i do

• no, i dont

Results are only viewable after voting.
I personally do.
Because there's alot of genes we share with even rats hence why they are used for testing same goes with chimps but to a much larger extent

there's also a shared anatomy between the different species, yknow eyes,legs,heart and pretty much every other major body part is shared
I dont think we would have the same bone structuring as animals if we were not animals ourselves

The anatomical and physiological parallels are too evident to ignore. What cemented evolution as a fact in my view is some documentaries about feral kids, basically human kids who somehow ended up being raised by dogs/ monkeys, and they literally learn their movements and speech patterns.

If there is actually a higher power in the universe then it guided humanity through evolution. If not you could still argue evolution being able to push humanity to such levels of intellect.

As a theist that works scientifically, ofc i cant ignore all the scientific evidences. Evolution happens as we speak; I've seen a certain ethnic that has their lungs evolved in a way that they can inhale more air than average humans thanks to their constant work in the sea catching fish with bare hands and spears.That said, i have to draw the line that i do not believe modern human arose from a completely different prior organism.

There's an immortal jellyfish (yes this jellyfish is extremely important to my analogy about evolution, goddamn it) called a Turritopsis dohrnii that can constantly revert back to it's initial state of creation near the end of it's lifespan by regenerating new cells. The physical mortal human state will always be capable of dying, but all of eternity itself will be likely to continue in sort of a stagnated purgatory, rather than continuing to evolve. I used to be very afraid of the entire universe ending when i'd watch too many sci-fi flicks but having since gone through a lot of death and loss myself, i'm more concerned about the loss of the individual human self and their POV rather than all of life itself.

There are way too many evidence ignore, unless you are religious
But have scientists actually seen some especies evolving into another?This always was a head scratcher for me.
Post automatically merged:

There's an immortal jellyfish (yes this jellyfish is extremely important to my analogy about evolution, goddamn it) called a Turritopsis dohrnii that can constantly revert back to it's initial state of creation near the end of it's lifespan by regenerating new cells. The physical mortal human state will always be capable of dying, but all of eternity itself will be likely to continue in sort of a stagnated purgatory, rather than continuing to evolve. I used to be very afraid of the entire universe ending when i'd watch too many sci-fi flicks but having since gone through a lot of death and loss myself, i'm more concerned about the loss of the individual human self and their POV rather than all of life itself.

I have seen the news about this immortal jellyfish,very cool.
Post automatically merged:

The anatomical and physiological parallels are too evident to ignore. What cemented evolution as a fact in my view is some documentaries about feral kids, basically human kids who somehow ended up being raised by dogs/ monkeys, and they literally learn their movements and speech patterns.

If there is actually a higher power in the universe then it guided humanity through evolution. If not you could still argue evolution being able to push humanity to such levels of intellect.
Buddhists actually believe in the evolution of consciousness goes along like this:mineral becomes vegetal,vegetal becomes animal,animal becomes human and human becomes higher beings.
note:if there are any Buddhists here,plz correct me if i'm wrong.I heard this from some guy,never read any of their sacred books because i lack time.

But have scientists actually seen some especies evolving into another?This always was a head scratcher for me.
I'm a layperson , i have no science degree or any degree whatsoever . And i don't know the answer to this .

But i have been interested in ID ( Intelligent Design ) theory , which is like an opponent to Evolutionary theories .
This is because i'm a theist ( a Muslim ) + i have repulsion to Atheism ( believing in Evolution can lead one to Atheism , though not always , like a distinguished Scientist in Francis Collins who believes in Evolution but has been a Christian for decades ) .

But anyway , i just wanna say that Darwin's theory of Evolution with Random Mutations + Natural Selection may actually be dead :

1. Here is one of ID proponents - Dr Brian Miller , a Christian and a Scientist/Physicist - he received Bachelor degree from MIT and PhD from Duke university . ( yes he is not a Biologist but it seems he knows some things about Biology ) .

He said about the Evolution theory based on Random Mutations + Natural Selection :
"top level Evolutionary theorists have recognized that Evolution based on Random Mutations + Natural Selection can't actually explain the large-scale transformations we see in Life" . ( i'm bolding this because this may help answer your question ) .

(continue ) "There was a 2016 meeting at the Royal Society in London , and one of the leading evolutionary theorists was Dr Gerd Muller , and in his opening talk he talked about how the standard evolutionary model - Neo Darwinism , is really helpful to explain small-scale transformations/changes like Finch Beaks , but to explain large-scale transformations like how Fish became Amphibians , or how Bacteria became a Complex Organism , it is hopelessly inadequate."

(continue ) "And during that series of sessions in London , there were many attempts to try to explain how some other sub-theory might fill the explanatory gaps but nobody presented a single piece of evidence that any other idea could explain these large-scale transformations in nature . So currently there's a recognition that the Neo-Darwinian model cannot explain the large-scale transformations in life and there really is nothing to replace it , that's the sort of situation we have today"
Watch from 2:15 to 4:32

2. Here is John Lennox ( who has 3 Doctorates btw , that's crazy ridiculous , almost unbelievable )
- he is a Christian , and Mathematician and Bioethicist who worked at Oxford , he said 2 distinguished Biologists ( Dennis Noble and Lynn Margulis ) have said that Darwin's evolution theory with random mutations + natural selection is dead .
Watch 12:50 to 13:40

3. And then you have this , it seems that 5 Evolutionary Biologists are trying to replace Darwin's version of Evolution theory with their own version of Evolution theory , he said they don't believe Natural Selection explains the extreme diversity of Life , and Human Behavior

I'm not sure if this man believes in ID , but anyway , if it's true what Dr Brian Miller said that there's a recognition by top-level evolutionary theorists that Darwin's version of evolution is unable to explain the large-scale transformations in life , and that currently there is nothing in replacement of it , i don't believe Evolution is a fact , because it could be replaced by ID .

I'm a layperson , i have no science degree or any degree whatsoever . And i don't know the answer to this .

But i have been interested in ID ( Intelligent Design ) theory , which is like an opponent to Evolutionary theories .
This is because i'm a theist ( a Muslim ) + i have repulsion to Atheism ( believing in Evolution can lead one to Atheism , though not always , like a distinguished Scientist in Francis Collins who believes in Evolution but has been a Christian for decades ) .

But anyway , i just wanna say that Darwin's theory of Evolution with Random Mutations + Natural Selection may actually be dead :

1. Here is one of ID proponents - Dr Brian Miller , a Christian and a Scientist/Physicist - he received Bachelor degree from MIT and PhD from Duke university . ( yes he is not a Biologist but it seems he knows some things about Biology ) .

He said about the Evolution theory based on Random Mutations + Natural Selection :

Watch from 2:15 to 4:32

2. Here is John Lennox ( who has 3 Doctorates btw , that's crazy ridiculous , almost unbelievable )
- he is a Christian , and Mathematician and Bioethicist who worked at Oxford , he said 2 distinguished Biologists ( Dennis Noble and Lynn Margulis ) have said that Darwin's evolution theory with random mutations + natural selection is dead .
Watch 12:50 to 13:40

3. And then you have this , it seems that 5 Evolutionary Biologists are trying to replace Darwin's version of Evolution theory with their own version of Evolution theory , he said they don't believe Natural Selection explains the extreme diversity of Life , and Human Behavior

I'm not sure if this man believes in ID , but anyway , if it's true what Dr Brian Miller said that there's a recognition by top-level evolutionary theorists that Darwin's version of evolution is unable to explain the large-scale transformations in life , and that currently there is nothing in replacement of it , i don't believe Evolution is a fact , because it could be replaced by ID .
DID YOU HAVE TO REVIVE IT?!

This isn't like the shape of the Earth situation where ( i'm pretty sure ) all Scientists ( and everybody sane ) believe/recognize that the Earth is almost round , in this situation we have Scientists , some of them went to the world's most prestigious universities
( Harvard MIT Cambridge Berkeley Caltech Yale UPenn University of Chicago ) who proposed ID , which is in opposition to Evolution :
They believe there are designs in living beings in part because of the extreme complexities in them , i'm a layperson but from my perspective , i'm skeptical as well of blind/unguided processes of evolution being able to explain those extreme complexities .

1. Like for example i've read that we have 30 trillion cells in our bodies , each ( yes each one ) is unbelievably complex .

I think infact in that Hoover Institution video , one of the 3 men interviewed said even Richard Dawkins have implied that Life might be designed because he saw a human's cell complexity . and Richard Dawkins is an evolutionary biologist and a militant atheist , the world's most famous atheist infact i believe . ( if you ask him he'll probably say it's designed by aliens though , not God ) .

2. I think the world's most notorious atheist before Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens ( Antony Flew ) believed there is design in life as well , specifically after he looked at DNA . He then came to believe in God ( Deism ) .

3. There are things in Life that requires foresight ( so mind ) to work as well , like Birds' eggs which have microscopic pores ( so that the chicks inside them can breathe i suppose ) , and yet at the same time is brittle enough for the chicks when they eventually try to break out of it . This required foresight to be made/designed in the first place , and for it to work . Unless you say it's a result of chance/accident , a classic atheist response .

This is from Marcos Eberlin's book , Foresight ( which got endorsed by 3 Nobel Prize winners btw ) .
Marcos Eberlin is a distinguished Biochemist from Brazil , a proponent of ID .

Other than these , Animals seems to have advanced technologies as well :

4. Sonar in Bats
5. Echolocation in Dolphins
6. Sharks like Great Whites , who has insane smelling capability - they could smell a droop of blood in 10 billion drops of water ( ! )
https://ocean.si.edu/ocean-life/sharks-rays/great-white-shark
7. GPS system in Birds
8. maybe Salmons and Whales have some kinds of GPS systems as well , which could explain why they're able to travel so far back and forth between the same locations ( Salmons are able to go back to Rivers where they came from , despite coming from the Ocean )
9. Insane Mimicries in Animals ( Spiders ) and Plants ( Bee Orchid , potentially Cockleburr and Passion Flowers )
10. Other Mimicries - Chameleons , Cuttlefish , Ant-like Jumping Spiders , Ant-like Katydid , Praying Mantis , Mirid Bug , Stick Bug , Leaf Fishes like Amazon Leaf Fish , Leaf Scorpionfish , Flatfish/Flounders , Hercules/Leaf Katydid , Peacock Katydid ( Pterochroza Ocellata ) , Myrmaplata Plataleoides , Velvet Ant-Mimicking Jumping Spider

11. Information/Code in DNA ( yes it's a real code )
12. Molecular Machineries/Technologies
13. Blueprint for Proteins

Not only functionally , but aesthetically life forms are perfectly designed as well , which one wouldn't expect from an unguided/blind processes

And here maybe i've just touched the tip of the iceberg
DID YOU HAVE TO REVIVE IT?!
Sorry i just wanna explain why i don't believe in the blind/unguided processes of Evolution , with some backings ( facts/knowledge/arguments ) .

Anyway , now i'll log out .

This isn't like the shape of the Earth situation where ( i'm pretty sure ) all Scientists ( and everybody sane ) believe/recognize that the Earth is almost round , in this situation we have Scientists , some of them went to the world's most prestigious universities
( Harvard MIT Cambridge Berkeley Caltech Yale UPenn University of Chicago ) who proposed ID , which is in opposition to Evolution :
They believe there are designs in living beings in part because of the extreme complexities in them , i'm a layperson but from my perspective , i'm skeptical as well of blind/unguided processes of evolution being able to explain those extreme complexities .

1. Like for example i've read that we have 30 trillion cells in our bodies , each ( yes each one ) is unbelievably complex .

I think infact in that Hoover Institution video , one of the 3 men interviewed said even Richard Dawkins have implied that Life might be designed because he saw a human's cell complexity . and Richard Dawkins is an evolutionary biologist and a militant atheist , the world's most famous atheist infact i believe . ( if you ask him he'll probably say it's designed by aliens though , not God ) .

2. I think the world's most notorious atheist before Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens ( Antony Flew ) believed there is design in life as well , specifically after he looked at DNA . He then came to believe in God ( Deism ) .

3. There are things in Life that requires foresight ( so mind ) to work as well , like Birds' eggs which have microscopic pores ( so that the chicks inside them can breathe i suppose ) , and yet at the same time is brittle enough for the chicks when they eventually try to break out of it . This required foresight to be made/designed in the first place , and for it to work . Unless you say it's a result of chance/accident , a classic atheist response .

This is from Marcos Eberlin's book , Foresight ( which got endorsed by 3 Nobel Prize winners btw ) .
Marcos Eberlin is a distinguished Biochemist from Brazil , a proponent of ID .

Other than these , Animals seems to have advanced technologies as well :

4. Sonar in Bats
5. Echolocation in Dolphins
6. Sharks like Great Whites , who has insane smelling capability - they could smell a droop of blood in 10 billion drops of water ( ! )
https://ocean.si.edu/ocean-life/sharks-rays/great-white-shark
7. GPS system in Birds
8. maybe Salmons and Whales have some kinds of GPS systems as well , which could explain why they're able to travel so far back and forth between the same locations ( Salmons are able to go back to Rivers where they came from , despite coming from the Ocean )
9. Insane Mimicries in Animals ( Spiders ) and Plants ( Bee Orchid , potentially Cockleburr and Passion Flowers )
10. Other Mimicries - Chameleons , Cuttlefish , Ant-like Jumping Spiders , Ant-like Katydid , Praying Mantis , Mirid Bug , Stick Bug , Leaf Fishes like Amazon Leaf Fish , Leaf Scorpionfish , Flatfish/Flounders , Hercules/Leaf Katydid , Peacock Katydid ( Pterochroza Ocellata ) , Myrmaplata Plataleoides , Velvet Ant-Mimicking Jumping Spider

11. Information/Code in DNA ( yes it's a real code )
12. Molecular Machineries/Technologies
13. Blueprint for Proteins

Not only functionally , but aesthetically life forms are perfectly designed as well , which one wouldn't expect from an unguided/blind processes

And here maybe i've just touched the tip of the iceberg

Sorry i just wanna explain why i don't believe in the blind/unguided processes of Evolution , with some backings ( facts/knowledge/arguments ) .

Anyway , now i'll log out .
great posts,man.i will watch everything when i can see.

I'm no scientist but isn't that something that happens during a period of hundreds, to thousands or perhaps millions of years? An organism isn't going to fully evolve and change their entire anatomy in one day, but rather they change it slowly thru the creation of new generations that slowly shape shift. However, we've seen organisms have slight changes more constantly which is actually the base of the evolution.