Do you believe in evolution?

believe in evolution?

• yes i do

• no, i dont

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm no scientist but isn't that something that happens during a period of hundreds, to thousands or perhaps millions of years? An organism isn't going to fully evolve and change their entire anatomy in one day, but rather they change it slowly thru the creation of new generations that slowly shape shift. However, we've seen organisms have slight changes more constantly which is actually the base of the evolution.
yes,but since there are some many organisms around here.We should have seen some type of fish become an amphibian or something like that.There must be a few organisms that are about to evolve into a new especies.
Post automatically merged:

For example:take virus and bacterias.How many of them have evolved into a new form of bacteria/virus(not talking about variants of the same virus,i mean like mutating into a completely new thing).

Last edited:
yes,but since there are some many organisms around here.They should have seen ome type of fish become an amphibian or something like that.There must be a few organisms that are about to evolve into a new especies.
We have no clue of how those organisms looked previously. We don't have a picture before they began evolving to compare it. Hell, we don't even know which ones are evolving to adapt to a drastic change (something that we might not even have). Plus there are some species that are unknown to humankind even to this day. And well, there's also the fact that humankind as we know it only lived like 2 thousands years or even less if you count when we actually began to study other organisms. Compare that to the fact that the earth is billions of years old.
It's like watching outside your window for half a second, not seeing a car and wondering; do cars don't pass by my street? Like, they would obviously pass but you got a peak of like half a second bro.

We have no clue of how those organisms looked previously. We don't have a picture before they began evolving to compare it. Hell, we don't even know which ones are evolving to adapt to a drastic change (something that we might not even have). Plus there are some species that are unknown to humankind even to this day. And well, there's also the fact that humankind as we know it only lived like 2 thousands years or even less if you count when we actually began to study other organisms. Compare that to the fact that the earth is billions of years old.
It's like watching outside your window for half a second, not seeing a car and wondering; do cars don't pass by my street? Like, they would obviously pass but you got a peak of like half a second bro.
yeah,good analogy.I wonder if we will figure out some social system that will train most people to become scientists.I mean,i'm not into scientology,but science is the best we have.If we had like 8 billion scientists,the human race would figure out a way to colonize and explore the resources around the universe way faster( i know this is fantasy,pretty much impossible).

As an empirical concept yes its factual

But as a study of biological history of the planet and Anthropology

Its no where near as evidently factual due to the lack of evidential material.. Ofc we know many things that are factual but what we do not and what is lost in earth's biological history is NEARLY 99% of what we do nit know
Thats why
Scientist use assumptions like arguments of induction, homoplacy, homology etc to make generalisations

The most mainstream notion of Evolution is Darwin's theory that he himself called flawed and is harshly disputed in contemporary circles.

Last edited:
Is this some kind of 'murica only thread? Of course it exists and it is even fascinating and observable in very short times totally compatible with our lives.

https://www.focus.it/ambiente/animali/come-le-farfalle-dellevoluzione-divennero-nere
This is an easy example (in italian language) of how white moths which mimic the cortex of white trees had a shift to black color when the industrial revolution in UK hit and make the white color of the cortex they hide turn black. White ones dies because they were now very noticeable by predators while the ones which casually were born darker had higher rates of survival because they were less likely to be seen on these black cortex until the standard color of these (surviving) moths become black. Everything turned back to square 1 (white moths) when the industrial revolution ended so less smog make the tree cortexes turn back to white.

Or simply how in Africa elephants are evolving towards males with smaller tusks because the males with bigger ones get hunted by illegal hunters.

I'm not sure if this man believes in ID , but anyway , if it's true what Dr Brian Miller said that there's a recognition by top-level evolutionary theorists that Darwin's version of evolution is unable to explain the large-scale transformations in life , and that currently there is nothing in replacement of it , i don't believe Evolution is a fact , because it could be replaced by ID
The Video you quoted above is by Suboor Ahmed a Muslim who has extensive material on the topic of Evolution

He has adept profundity in this realm of science as he pursues his PhD in philosophy of biology and has debated extensively with other proponents of Darwin's evolution

And according to him Darwin's theory is just mass propagated by media as a fact.. When the actuality is its widely criticised for its incompatibility by intellects in the domain.

Not only functionally , but aesthetically life forms are perfectly designed as well , which one wouldn't expect from an unguided/blind processes

And here maybe i've just touched the tip of the iceberg
exactly
Randomness never explained complexity

And it ascends beyond evolutionary biology too

The fact that earth is where it is (goldilocks zone) and that Water and Iron came from space and has enough magnetic field to protect from UVs. And the fact that Saturn and Jupiter protect us from humongous Asteriods
And earth having a Moon " the Moon makes Earth a more livable planet by moderating our home planet's wobble on its axis, leading to a relatively stable climate"

Just for us to exist...

Randomness doesn’t do this any justice

Here to debate why earth is called "mother" earth and not a Non-binary semi-sphere identifying as trasnuteral versatile egg for organisms?

Last edited:
exactly

And its ascends just beyond evolutionary biology

The fact that earth is where it is (goldilocks zone) and that Water and Iron came from space and has enough magnetic field to protect from UVs. And the fact that Saturn and Jupiter protect us from humongous Asteriods
And earth having a Moon " the Moon makes Earth a more livable planet by moderating our home planet's wobble on its axis, leading to a relatively stable climate"

Just for us to exist...

Here to debate why earth is called "mother" earth and not a Non-binary semi-sphere identifying as trasnuteral versatile egg for organisms?
Agreed, Randomness is the inability to explain high order complex processes outside our conventional mathematical understanding

Agreed, Randomness is the inability to explain high order complex processes outside our conventional mathematical understanding
Randomness seems like an excuse to demean the idea of god

Idk this fallacy that religions especially Islam deny's evolution coz of Adam (AS).
people really simplify what that means..
Matter the fact islamic Sciences during the Golden age Evolution was literally studied BECAUSE QURAN MAKES CALIMS TO EVOLUTION TOO.

exactly

And its ascends just beyond evolutionary biology

Just for us to exist...

Nothing is random,everything has a reason for being.It is just that things are complex and we can't always put 1+1 together and things start to seem chaotic and random.

There's no option of 'believing'.
Evolution is a fact. It's science, look it up. Wherever the fuck you are in the world.
Former religious guy here, btw - I've known and lived both sides.
I do understand the non believing side. And I know, through being there myself, that talk is no use. People have to admit it to themselves first. Either through personal development or dramatic life-changing events

There's no option of 'believing'.
Evolution is a fact. It's science, look it up. Wherever the fuck you are in the world.
Former religious guy here, btw - I've known and lived both sides.
I do understand the non believing side. And I know, through being there myself, that talk is no use. People have to admit it to themselves first. Either through personal development or dramatic life-changing events
Why do you think religious people don't believe in evoluiton?

And what evoluiton do they not believe in?

C

Cruxroux

Its the people who deny science itself out of arrogance and ignorance
This is dumbest stuff I see on internet.
Science and relegion go in parallel lines.
The most basic defination to science is study of observable universe and Religion is sort of related Spirituality and Mind.
:sanmoji:
Literally two different Dimensions and Realm are being compared.