Do you cry when you remember Constantinople fell?

B

Ballel

Eh no one has a gun to the other persons head. If someone take a joke this serious that is on them.

And then you have solis saying to stop this only for solis

to keep fuming the flame himself
I need entertainment during the break month.

I'm want to discover some clown users

It does not seems religion discussion :) like how do turks have istanbul :)
it is nationalism issue than religious issue. Also, big history major impact.

it is not surprising to me since I have seen YouTube comments on some angry European nationalist folks hate Judaism, Christianity, and Islamic because it is never here in Europe . Back then in europe, everyone and their mothers are pagans.

Some metal musicians folks want to burn the churches like Norway church building .

Seatonnes

is probably playing Overwatch 2
Even old New York was once New Amsterdam
Why they changed it I can't say
People just liked it better that way

Istanbul was Constantinople
Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople
Been a long time gone, oh Constantinople
Why did Constantinople get the works?
That's nobody's business but the Turks

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
God forbid that I should live as an Emperor without an Empire. As my city falls, I will fall with it. Whosoever wishes to escape, let him save himself if he can, and whoever is ready to face death, let him follow me

Constantine then sent a response to the sultan, the last communication between a Byzantine emperor and an Ottoman sultan:

As to surrendering the city to you, it is not for me to decide or for anyone else of its citizens; for all of us have reached the mutual decision to die of our own free will, without any regard for our lives.

According to Critobulus, the last words of Constantine before he charged at the Ottomans were "the city is fallen and I am still alive".

I cry every morning.

Yes
it's Chriatians/West vs Muslims/East

I'm curious where you stand
I'm not quite familiar with history but which side oppressed the citizens/people less? Maybe i'll side with those...i'm not that religious, since being a good person is already difficult for me lol.

I'm not quite familiar with history but which side oppressed the citizens/people less? Maybe i'll side with those...i'm not that religious, since being a good person is already difficult for me lol.
They were both Absolute Monarchies that practiced slavery and empire building.... When it comes to nations, you really aren't going to find any good guys by modern standards in the 15th century.