Do you cry when you remember Constantinople fell?

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Lower than trash
β€Ž
it is nationalism issue than religious issue. Also, big history major impact.

it is not surprising to me since I have seen YouTube comments on some angry European nationalist folks hate Judaism, Christianity, and Islamic because it is never here in Europe . Back then in europe, everyone and their mothers are pagans.

Some metal musicians folks want to burn the churches like Norway church building .
European is rediscovering their pagan roots, as does Turks with their tengrism

It's a nationalistic religioustic lens formed from 20th century in high level of nationalism.. the ancient pagan gods become the symbol of it

My race and tribes got own our tribe and you got yours type mentality

Till today Many whites for example sees Christianity as etno- religious heritage that was inherited and passed from generation to generation

Last edited:
God forbid that I should live as an Emperor without an Empire. As my city falls, I will fall with it. Whosoever wishes to escape, let him save himself if he can, and whoever is ready to face death, let him follow me

Constantine then sent a response to the sultan, the last communication between a Byzantine emperor and an Ottoman sultan:

As to surrendering the city to you, it is not for me to decide or for anyone else of its citizens; for all of us have reached the mutual decision to die of our own free will, without any regard for our lives.

According to Critobulus, the last words of Constantine before he charged at the Ottomans were "the city is fallen and I am still alive".

I cry every morning.
Honorable truly but it was inevitable

but Mehmed (RA) :

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Lower than trash
β€Ž
Remember it was the very European powers that preserved the Ottomans to counter Russia, best example is when Russia helped the Balkans to kick Ottomans out of Europe and was just 10 miles away from Constantinople in 1877-78 and the Western Europe coalitions intervened and absolutely don't like Russia, a sentiment that strongly continue to this day.

After Central Powers collapsed with Russia having Communist revolutions, the Europeans technically reclaimed back Constantinople and was controlling it for awhile, but at this stage various ethnicities( Turks, Arabs, Armenias, Kurds, Assyrians, Greeks etc) took up arms and competing for territories to form etno-state and the Turks come out victorious and Kemal Attaturk was likeable, more than happy to give up Ottomans Arabs Territories and Most Importantly a Secularist and upholder of Western Liberal Values and the allies was like well why not just give it to him and thus start the gradual troops withdrawal from Constantinople and recognition of New Republic Of Turkey.

TlDR: Constantinople was Reclaimed and has been given away.

God forbid that I should live as an Emperor without an Empire. As my city falls, I will fall with it. Whosoever wishes to escape, let him save himself if he can, and whoever is ready to face death, let him follow me

Constantine then sent a response to the sultan, the last communication between a Byzantine emperor and an Ottoman sultan:

As to surrendering the city to you, it is not for me to decide or for anyone else of its citizens; for all of us have reached the mutual decision to die of our own free will, without any regard for our lives.

According to Critobulus, the last words of Constantine before he charged at the Ottomans were "the city is fallen and I am still alive".

I cry every morning.
sorry I'm more of a knights of templar fan

B

Ballel

Remember it was the very European powers that preserved the Ottomans to counter Russia, best example is when Russia helped the Balkans to kick Ottomans out of Europe and was just 10 miles away from Constantinople in 1877-78 and the Western Europe coalitions intervened and absolutely don't like Russia, a sentiment that strongly continue to this day.

After Central Powers collapsed with Russia having Communist revolutions, the Europeans technically reclaimed back Constantinople and was controlling it for awhile, but at this stage various ethnicities( Turks, Arabs, Armenias, Kurds, Assyrians, Greeks etc) took up arms and competing for territories to form etno-state and the Turks come out victorious and Kemal Attaturk was likeable, more than happy to give up Ottomans Arabs Territories and Most Importantly a Secularist and upholder of Western Liberal Values and the allies was like well why not just give it to him and thus start the gradual troops withdrawal from Constantinople and recognition of New Republic Of Turkey.

TlDR: Constantinople was Reclaimed and has been given away.
You take this so seriously lol