General & Others Do you find One Piece to be funny ?

How funny or amusing do you truly find One Piece as a story ?

Does it make you laugh or not ? What was the last time to made you laugh ? Which arc is the funniest ? Is Postskip as good as Preskip in terms of humor ?
It was never really funny, but the jokes now are either outdated (like all of Lanji's sexist jokes) or cringe (like Luffy's) or both (like Momoron's).

The first laugh I had was seeing Luffy catch Buggy in the nuts

Sanji's 1st bounty/Duval interaction is still a huge pick-me-up

Just all of Crocus

Bout shat myself with Katakuris DONUTS reveal

The balls it took Brook to ask to see BMs panties:brootea:

Kinemon's "genius" plan really killed me

The last laugh I had was seeing Lucci cartoonishly pop out of the wall Luffy put him through.

I find all the male SHs besides Jinbe traditionally funny, Robin's dark humor is funny, & Nami is funny with all the Caesar putdowns

G

Gorosei Informer

Pre TS had an amazing variety of unique, absurd, charming, memorable humour.

Post TS feels like what Family Guy amd Sinpsons have become, Rick and Morty and a lot of modern day shock value "adult cartoons" and series/movies, like Paradise PD too.
It's so infantile and flanderised

Oda is trying WAY too hard on expressions, to the point its like he's trying to be self deprecating to the extreme. Instead of being meta/self aware "satire" or parody or w/e.

Post TS "humour" feels like a midlife crisis writing wise. The Sanji and Van Der Decken stuff legit made almost drop the series permanently, along with Doffys family especially Trebol, Usopp at Dressrosa with Sugar especially and then the fucking cursed gifters too.

At least Gear 5 animated should be hilarious and awesome to see, both in terms of fluid, rubber hose animation and actual comedy surprisingly.
Also, nostalgia for the earliest cartoons too ofc and "newer" series like Ed, Edd and Eddy.

Makes me think of this too (Loud sound warning lol):

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
It still has its moments for sure. A lot of stuff goes underappreciated, for example Queen vs Sanji.

I was dying, the dude using his hax invisibility to beat up some broad, when Sanji, his opponent who he was in a heated battle with, had just vanished from his sight. He had more pressing matters to address 😂😂

Idgaf that's top tier comedy right there. Manga/anime in general isn't funny for shit. Gintama the only thing that has One Piece beat. Ippo could get pretty funny too.

Zolo

Cope Doctor
It still has its moments for sure. A lot of stuff goes underappreciated, for example Queen vs Sanji.

I was dying, the dude using his hax invisibility to beat up some broad, when Sanji, his opponent who he was in a heated battle with, had just vanished from his sight. He had more pressing matters to address 😂😂

Idgaf that's top tier comedy right there. Manga/anime in general isn't funny for shit. Gintama the only thing that has One Piece beat. Ippo could get pretty funny too.
GTO , and early naruto was way funnier than anything in OP

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
GTO , and early naruto was way funnier than anything in OP
I loved Naruto, not a single comedic moment in my years of reading got me to deviate from a straight face. Even in my most immature middle school days.

The unintentional stuff is what got me in Naruto, mostly Obito scenes. War arc had me cracking tf up. Coolest guy chapter had me on the floor. And there was also the scene where Kishi drew a black page with text that said "I don't care anymore" which had me dying. On a reread post Danzo fight, when Kakashi was gonna use Kamui and Obito told Kakashi to halt because "it won't work on him" like it wasn't the one thing that could work on him 💀, I always imagine him sweating bricks behind the mask hoping Kakashi buys his bluff.

Same deal with Bleach. The intended comedy scenes are extremely lame but the unintentional stuff is hilarious to me.

GTO is one of my favourite mangas of all time and I don't think it's all that funny. Really it's just Gintama all on it's own with a massive gap, then One Piece.

Zolo

Cope Doctor
I loved Naruto, not a single comedic moment in my years of reading got me to deviate from a straight face. Even in my most immature middle school days.

The unintentional stuff is what got me in Naruto, mostly Obito scenes. War arc had me cracking tf up. Coolest guy chapter had me on the floor. And there was also the scene where Kishi drew a black page with text that said "I don't care anymore" which had me dying. On a reread post Danzo fight, when Kakashi was gonna use Kamui and Obito told Kakashi to halt because "it won't work on him" like it wasn't the one thing that could work on him 💀, I always imagine him sweating bricks behind the mask hoping Kakashi buys his bluff.

Same deal with Bleach. The intended comedy scenes are extremely lame but the unintentional stuff is hilarious to me.

GTO is one of my favourite mangas of all time and I don't think it's all that funny. Really it's just Gintama all on it's own with a massive gap, then One Piece.
you are just hard to amuse in humour probably, or you just like slapstick