General & Others Do you guys think people take One Piece way to seriously?

No, it's completely true to keep expectations. Oda was never intended for OP to be a mediocre manga, but when popularity go up and get more attention, he had to satisfy his fan and his incompetent higher up, the result is a pile of trash it was never supposed to be. You just look at Fairy Tail vs Edens Zero for example.

OP fans are an especially dysfunctional family. People are bound to argue and troll, especially when they feel trolled by the author himself.

But yeah, I agree, if the series isn't bringing someone happiness, they should probably drop it. I mean, I'm an overanalyzer, but I don't lose sleep over it.

Anyone who idolizes an author is a fool. On top of that, people who have their own identities wrapped up in the potential future storyline of a fictional character need to touch all the grass.

I feel like many people have become overly toxic towards this series because they hold it to way too high of a standard. You have people calling this children's manga peak fiction, Oda the new Shakespeare(yes really) and overanalyze it wayyy to much.

Because of this they start to nitpick and get upset when One Piece does typical shonen manga things. I feel like it is really hindering their enjoyment.

Like, even Oda literally said that people take this manga way to serious and all he wants is a light hearted goofy manga that entertains his customers.

Don't even get me started on how autistic the powerscaling can become in this community. The new chapter is the latest example
(Shark > Admirals btw)

This applies to other shonen as well but for One Piece and Naruto it is veryyyyyy extreme.

What do you guys think?
Agree 😆