Character Discussion Do you really think Luffy's real rival is Kid?

Conquering the world goes beyond being a Pirate King, Teach's dream is the complete opposite of Luffy's. Just like how Xebec and Shiki had completely different goals than Roger. What's hilarious is that every time they interacted Teach could have stomped Luffy on spot. If you think the rivalry has nothing to do with strength then Big Mom and Kaido are also Luffy's rivals and shouldn't be separated.

Teach is the nemesis of ALL the Strawhats just like Kaido and the World Government. As Mihawk said, Luffy's greatest power is amassing allies which implies Luffy might not even win his final fight alone and i would argue a Luffy/Zoro duo would pull it off paralleling God Valley.

There's still time for Kid to have a sub-plot involving him fighting Shanks especially if the latter goes full evil/grey mode which would allow Kid to fight him even if Kid is on good terms with Luffy.

The manga explicitly shows us Kid is the rival. I cannot deny what the Manga has to offer.

However, until Kid provides approved feats or his character is developed, my headcanon will not allow Kid to equal Luffy. Rival? Yes, all the supernova are Luffy rivals. Near or perfect equal not yet.
I wish more people were as reasonable and honest as you lol. At least you are admitting that it’s just your headcanon and aren’t denying shit that the manga clearly shows.