Do you think there is still a traitor?

I don't think so? I just don't see it as being as relevant without continuing reference.
He did mention it, but he resolved it sort of by saying "its none of the students, there wasn't actually a traitor".
Post automatically merged:

I don't think there was any mention in interviews from Horikoshi suggesting that he forgot about the storyline.

Last edited:
I'd like there to still be a traitor, as I don't exactly like when subplots get just dropped. Especially with how much traction and speculation this traitor subplot got, but I don't know how the reveal could really work. I would have assumed this war arc would have been the absolute best time to do it, to really pull one over on the heroes. It doesn't look like that's going to happen though, and at this point I feel like no matter who gets revealed to be the traitor, it's going to feel sour. Unless when the traitor gets revealed, we get like a chapter or this big thing where we see what the traitor has been doing, and it makes us all go "Holy crap!" because it all makes sense. I just don't think that's going to end up being the case though.

I'm really surprised that no one in this thread mentioned the possibility of Ochako being the traitor.

The first three letters of her last name are short for Urawara which means fraudulent, Uragiru means to cheat or betray, and Uragiri means betrayal.

Her character sheet literally says "she's unexpectedly brazen and frank. Proof that there's no hidden side to her, if you catch my drift.".

There are actually several pieces of evidence to her being the traitor in the Manga itself, but by a long shot, the largest piece of evidence is when Deku, Ochako, and Shigaraki were all at the mall together.

While Shigaraki is walking off, Deku says to himself "All For One... What's he after?", and Ochako swiftly turns her head at Shigaraki with a shocked face saying "Huh? Shigaraki... You... Mean...?".

This is very suspicious because All For One is a villain that's not very well known to the public and is controlling the strings underground. She's also likely surprised that Shigaraki is working for All For One because she is reporting to a level above Shigaraki.

I firmly believe she is the traitor, and the cases for many of the other characters being the traitor are a lot more trivial.

G

Gorosei Informer

I'm really surprised that no one in this thread mentioned the possibility of Ochako being the traitor.

The first three letters of her last name are short for Urawara which means fraudulent, Uragiru means to cheat or betray, and Uragiri means betrayal.

Her character sheet literally says "she's unexpectedly brazen and frank. Proof that there's no hidden side to her, if you catch my drift.".

There are actually several pieces of evidence to her being the traitor in the Manga itself, but by a long shot, the largest piece of evidence is when Deku, Ochako, and Shigaraki were all at the mall together.

While Shigaraki is walking off, Deku says to himself "All For One... What's he after?", and Ochako swiftly turns her head at Shigaraki with a shocked face saying "Huh? Shigaraki... You... Mean...?".

This is very suspicious because All For One is a villain that's not very well known to the public and is controlling the strings underground. She's also likely surprised that Shigaraki is working for All For One because she is reporting to a level above Shigaraki.

I firmly believe she is the traitor, and the cases for many of the other characters being the traitor are a lot more trivial.
Wow...this just blatantly blew my mind! Had no idea about these details about her, but she's always had that air of "too innocent/pure to be true", I've known and fallen for many people like her IRL and they are not as "sweet" as they appear. Much more sour than expected.

I have found her behaviour pretty suspicious at times and I've seen people justify her being a traitor due to her financial issues and thus desperation for money and to help her parents. She's shown to be very heroic and such but imagine there's another side to her we're not seeing purposely, something that flips what we know about her over our heads, like she just used her quirk on us? lol

Very interesting observations and points, I really like this. Would definitely make a brilliant twist and maybe that's why Hori hasn't given her that much vs villains and on-screen so to speak. She has felt like a side character even through it seemed like in the beginning she was gonna be a MC along with Iida (RIP those hopes).

Her love for Deku and Toga's obsesssion and suspicions of her will really come to head with this twist too. Would explain why Hori keeps insisting on setting up Toga vs Ochako and the parallels with Twice being betrayed and killed too. If Toga susses out Ochako as a traitor to the heroes and thus Deku, wouldn't that be very interesting?

-edit- Now I'm remembering how people suspected Momo for being the traitor or a traitor due to her being so wealthy and her money potentially coming from her parents being successful criminals or something. I remember jokes about how she could crash the economy with her quirk and launder money. Her quirk has TERRIFYING and IMMENSE potential tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a MHA art exhibition happening in Japan and apparently one of Hori's pieces for it has Aoyama is in this creepy monster photo looking sad, which is very out of character and suspicious (could be traitor plot related). Photos aren't allowed so no full pic yet....

Maybe this will be something...or maybe it won't...

Some people were definitely sus of Aoyama.

G

Gorosei Informer

There's a MHA art exhibition happening in Japan and apparently one of Hori's pieces for it has Aoyama is in this creepy monster photo looking sad, which is very out of character and suspicious (could be traitor plot related). Photos aren't allowed so no full pic yet....

We better not get baited again like Hori did with that Aoyama mini arc he did lol. That pissed me off so much! Aoyama has such hidden layers to him and I even suspected him of being the traitor for potential personal reasons to his situation but he does seem like he has some kind of tragedy in his life to be revealed, whether its in his past or yet to come. I'd love to see him get more spotlight as he's great, same with Shoji, Mina and Momo.

G

Gorosei Informer

I really hope that Hori does do something with some of the side characters. I think his definitely going to do something with Momo and Mina at least.

Shoji is up in the air.
Complety agreed! I heard Hori wanted to give Shoji his own arc but that was ages ago and I'm not sure if that's still going to happen alongside the traitor storyline too, it feels like they've been dropped or forgotten about? Or Hori just can't fit them in for some reason?

We better not get baited again like Hori did with that Aoyama mini arc he did lol. That pissed me off so much! Aoyama has such hidden layers to him and I even suspected him of being the traitor for potential personal reasons to his situation but he does seem like he has some kind of tragedy in his life to be revealed, whether its in his past or yet to come. I'd love to see him get more spotlight as he's great, same with Shoji, Mina and Momo.
Would be surprised if this isn't a hint at something, it's such a weird contrast to his character. And why would Hori do such a dark piece on this specific side character (that's never been that relevant in the story or that popular)?

She drew a super rough sketch as well to give an idea on what it looks like:

G

Gorosei Informer

Would be surprised if this isn't a hint at something, it's such a weird contrast to his character. And why would Hori do such a dark piece on this specific side character (that's never been that relevant in the story or that popular)?

She drew a super rough sketch as well to give an idea on what it looks like:
Thats a great point, I really hope you're right about this. That sketch is very interesting and haunting wow...It makes me think of a certain Dr Strange villain I can't think the name of, something very eldritch/cosmic?

I genuinely wonder what this could mean, Aoyama is being manipulated by some unseen force/person? Something/something very evil?

Complety agreed! I heard Hori wanted to give Shoji his own arc but that was ages ago and I'm not sure if that's still going to happen alongside the traitor storyline too, it feels like they've been dropped or forgotten about? Or Hori just can't fit them in for some reason?
Yeah, I remember that interview as well. I wonder if he'll actually go through with it.

Anyway, if Aoyama is the traitor, I wonder what he'll actually end up doing. He doesn't seem like the type that wants to hurt his class mates.