Character Discussion Does G5/Looney Tunes ruin this manga ?

Is G5/Looney Tunes good or bad for this manga

• Good

Votes: 36 36.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 64 64.0%

• Total voters
The problem aren't the attacks. The problem is the whole demeanour of Luffy on it .
This shit is trash. Luffy was doing crazy shit before ,but they were gags in a serious setting ,here he will one serious moment in full on gag fight. Luffy was serious with a deadpan face,not a man on laughing & eye popping drugs.
\

Making a gag out of every enemy attack,it makes the enemies seem weak. He ate a fucking ragnarok to the head and he was just getting his eyes popping out and his head stuck in the hole on the roof. The enemies are supposed to be taken seriously.
Yh the cringe gags are the main point. G5 would be great if every move wasnt based on a gag. Like the ability to morph your body and the environment is cool. But i dont wanna see you and the opponent clowning around the entire time.

The Gear 5 we got is ass, and the Gear 5 in fanarts is also ass:kayneshrug:
Yh exactly.

I love how hardcore Luffy and Oda defenders keep pretending like Gear 5 brought the fun into OP and is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Sry but Luffy's fights had always ridiculous moments that never really bothered anyone, in fact, nearly all of em were hilarious used during an appropriate time and Oda knew when to get back to business again.

This did not ruin Luffy vs Crocodile

This did not ruin Luffy vs Enel

This did not ruin Luffy vs Lucci

This did not ruin Luffy vs Katakuri

Don't pretend like Nika made OP fights fun, that couldn't be further from the truth. If you like the fact that Nika makes people uncomfortable and butthurt, good, that's another thing.

Nobody asked for Luffy to become an edgelord badass demon. In hindsight this guy was really cool. You know Luffy, not sun god Nika or Joyboy.

When was the last time I've even seen Luffy

I see panels of the Gorosei and such, and it makes me wanna give this manga another go. Then I see the stupidty and cringe of G5, and I mentally puke. For a form thats supossed to be very creative, Oda has spammed the same Enel face countless of times. Like its not funny anymore dude, you've rinsed the shit out of it.

Not only is it cringe but its literally killing all the tension too.
Yeah, Kumas backstory was all about him and his daughter wishing they could see Nika, the giants are Nika worshippers, the robot gets up and apologizes to Joy Boy who is most likely Luffy, who is also the Sun God. Luffy's wanking is becoming too extreme

Things to like about G5
- Awakening and Turning surrounding in rubber property.

Things to not like about it
- Cartoon ass fights , kills the tension. Nika was laughing when vegapunk died. (I wonder if he would do the same if G5 was in marineford in front of ACE death.)
- Design , G4 (Snakesman , Boundman , Tankman) designs ard innovative and Cool af.
G5 is just luffy but with White Hairs.

One of the worst things about ONE PIECE is the lack of tension, the lack of deaths and hard moments. The G5 makes that worse at higher levels and ridicules Nika's fights even more. I like a certain level of humor and silly moments, but not to these levels and quantity. Another thing that OP has ruined a bit is the amount of focus or screen that Loda gives to Luffy. I mean, he is the MC, but that doesn't mean that 90% of the story, relationship with characters and screen is his, it's a habit that I don't understand about the Japanese. Maybe they feel very self-conscious and inferior and want to feel better with a drawing monkey.

PD: Currently Nika has about 18,000 appearances in different vignettes, Zoro about 8,000. And even so and without being the MC, in the global popularity votes he almost equals him

Edit: The best thing that could happen to OP to improve is for Luffy to be killed again, but without him being resurrected by Nika this time. It's a shame how Loda has completely forgotten Brook, Usopp, how Chopper doesn't use any of his transformations since GI. And some others who have been treated better, but are still pitiful, without development or screen time like Franky. Thank goodness he doesn't dare with Zoro.

I love how hardcore Luffy and Oda defenders keep pretending like Gear 5 brought the fun into OP and is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Sry but Luffy's fights had always ridiculous moments that never really bothered anyone, in fact, nearly all of em were hilarious used during an appropriate time and Oda knew when to get back to business again.

This did not ruin Luffy vs Crocodile

This did not ruin Luffy vs Enel

This did not ruin Luffy vs Lucci

This did not ruin Luffy vs Katakuri

Don't pretend like Nika made OP fights fun, that couldn't be further from the truth. If you like the fact that Nika makes people uncomfortable and butthurt, good, that's another thing.

Nobody asked for Luffy to become an edgelord badass demon. In hindsight this guy was really cool. You know Luffy, not sun god Nika or Joyboy.

When was the last time I've even seen Luffy
Kinda crazy how Oda made Luffy at his edgiest before the Nika reveal (ofcourse forgetting "ArE yOU HaVInG FUn KaIDo").