Character Discussion Does Zoro's progress make sense?

Yes I still believe that Zoro can't face Kaido in a 1 on 1, but I do believe that 2 Zoros are defeating 1 Kaido finally.

In the past, years ago, I would rather believe that 2 Zoros were defeating a Marco at best.
Probably not even 2 Zoro's can.

Kaido will likely take on a bunch of people amongh which Zoro and someone stronger than Zoro in Luffy.
Post automatically merged:

Oden was wanked too much to be just a yc1 and kaido 20 years ago shouldn't be that much weaker than he is no

Oden's portrayal puts him clearly above à yc1
Could be somewhere in the gap separating YC 1 from an Admiral. Zoro could get close to that to hold that comparison.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Yes, ready to fight but definitely not for a 1v1. That would be way too inconsistent, even for Oda.
I agree on this point.
Probably not even 2 Zoro's can.

Kaido will likely take on a bunch of people amongh which Zoro and someone stronger than Zoro in Luffy.
The issue lies beneath the notion that Luffy and Zoro are allegedly the only guys in the country with a level of haki that would suffice to inflict the monster high level damage I guess. I would wonder if Oda will portray Kidd and Law do something to Kaido, but I would call it appalling writing if it occurs cause Law's hax should not be made possible to work on a Yonko, specially the Gamma Knife and Kidd's power is not good enough to achieve something of substantial.

I agree on this point.

The issue lies beneath the notion that Luffy and Zoro are allegedly the only guys in the country with a level of haki that would suffice to inflict the monster high level damage I guess. I would wonder if Oda will portray Kidd and Law do something to Kaido, but I would call it appalling writing if it occurs cause Law's hax should not be made possible to work on a Yonko, specially the Gamma Knife and Kidd's power is not good enough to achieve something of substantial.
I'd be surprised if Kidd and Law don't end up playing a significant role in Kaido's defeat.

Unless Oda decides to split them up and have Kidd and others defeat Big Mom.

I agree on this point.

law is very good support even if he cant damage him also Gamma Knife can even ignore defence with coa

about kidd he probably will have something at least i hope so

zoro you need to be very close in power to kaidou to deliver anything close to damage kaidou can't just ignore, even if luffy help too.
Exactly. If Zoro can singlehandedly cut Kaido harder than all the scabbards that means at minimum Zoro must have Admiral level DC because not even YC1 level characters can damage Kaido that hard

So then that means Zoro currently has Admiral level DC.

And of course Oda already wrote himself a cheat code out of this. Zoro did not go all out in any of the fights you listed and that's a fact. And Zoro trained with Enma.

The fact that we don't know what All out Zoro was before Enma and now that he's finished training with Enma means that Oda can make Zoro as strong as the plot requires. Even as strong as Admirals

Zoro in a 1 v 1 would get low diffed. But due to him getting hax help from SNs...he'l probabbly land clean Sneak attack hits on Kaido. Lets see how much damage it does.
@Chrono
Wanna bet?

I bet Zoro will face Kaido 1v1 at one point in the encounter.

I mean there will be one situation in the fight where Both Zoro and Kaido will be specifically focused in each other and they will launch attacks at one another specifically.

Wanna bet this won't happen?

Cutting stuff as a swordsman is not as simple as adding up attack power.

Like Zoro did not become many times stronger in terms of attack power to cut Mr.1, he just learned a specific technique.

Zoro can have the skill required to do something that all the Scabbards could not, without being strong enough to defeat the Scabbards if they gang up on him.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

Like Zoro did not become many times stronger in terms of attack power to cut Mr.1, he just learned a specific technique.

Zoro can have the skill required to do something that all the Scabbards could not, without being strong enough to defeat the Scabbards if they gang up on him.
No zoroa gonna do what they couldnt with the same skill.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper

He doesn't learn special skills either way, his growth has always been consistent. He doesn't look for the easy life.

Kin'emon's ability won't grant him anything too special too.

First of all Zoro was stronger than Mr.1 before the fight

Go reread that fight. Zoro out sped and out powered Mr.1 the entire beginning of the fight. If Mr. 1 was even equal to Zoro he wouldn't have been getting ragdolled until Zoro was getting tired. Mr.1's whole thing was that he could out last Zoro. That's it.

Second the skill required to cut kaido is ryou. Which even low tiers have. What the Scabbards are missing is power. And that's what is needed.
Post automatically merged:

Lies

He doesn't learn special skills either way, his growth has always been consistent. He doesn't look for the easy life.

Kin'emon's ability won't grant him anything too special too.
Lion's Song is a skill made to cut what he can not just with raw power though.

That's likely going to be the secret, combining some form of advanced CoA with Lion Song for a technique that allows him to cut Kaido.

I'm surprised Zoro fans don't know that even pre ts there was a difference between a technique Zoro uses for something that's difficult to cut through, and a technique Zoro uses to deliver most power output.

Same with Zoro vs Scabbards. The difference will be made by his skill with the blade and Haki mastery, not simply "MORE POWAH"

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Lion's Song is a skill made to cut what he can not just with raw power though.

That's likely going to be the secret, combining some form of advanced CoA with Lion Song for a technique that allows him to cut Kaido.

I'm surprised Zoro fans don't know that even pre ts there was a difference between a technique Zoro uses for something that's difficult to cut through, and a technique Zoro uses to deliver most power output.

Same with Zoro vs Scabbards. The difference will be made by his skill with the blade and Haki mastery, not simply "MORE POWAH"
Can you even read ?
We already know the technique to hurt kaido
Its ryou
Its what the scabbards used
Its what oden used
The difference is oden was stronger
Which will be the same for zoro when he rips kaido open