Character Discussion Does Zoro's progress make sense?

Lmao he couldn't cut steel but after he learned that he used only one sword and he did cut steel with santoryu though without the need of Sonson using tatsumaki after that if what u said is true why did Zoro use a named attack ? He can just swung his sword and cut mr 1?
Because that named attack is the technique required to cut stuff he can't simply cut with raw power.

That's why it's been his go to since for such situations. Used it attempting to cut both Kaku's Tekkai and Kuma's body.

Someone order extra copium for JackTeo

Gotta enjoy the Salty headcanon
The 997 cover was drawn by Oda just to let us Sanji fans prepare for what is about to happen.
It's true that Sanji was distracted by Nami (BM) and was hit by that animal using santoryu (Zoro finally doing something), but he is still meditating, preparing to unleash his inner self.
Something big is about to happen, you are not ready:myman:

Meanwhile we have to meditate a bit just like our boy, distracted by this Zoro chapter and vexated relentlessly by animals :goatasure:

The 997 cover was drawn by Oda just to let us Sanji fans prepare for what is about to happen.
It's true that Sanji was distracted by Nami (BM) and was hit by that animal using santoryu (Zoro finally doing something), but he is still meditating, preparing to unleash his inner self.
Something big is about to happen, you are not ready:myman:

Meanwhile we have to meditate a bit just like our boy, distracted by this Zoro chapter and vexated relentlessly by animals :goatasure:
Im rooting for Sanji

You're salty headcanon is just so ridiculous every Zoro Fan just laughs. I dont care about the headcanon nor was I mentioning Sanji at all. Im just referring to all your salty headcanon trying to downgrade all of Zoro's feats.

The Zoro hate in you is strong. We're working on getting additional copium stat

Well, since it would be a group effort, I don't really mind it...
the likes of Kidd don't deserve to be in that spot either by that standard... in fact, only red scabbard + Luffy showed feats to make thm deserving of clashing with Kaido here...
but here we are, scabbards are defeated, and it's Luffy + a bunch of people aiding him... Zoro being there is okay cause I see him more deserving the kidd or Killer or some other supernova joining that fight...

As for Sanji, I honestly don't care if he confronts Kaido... I prefer him having a solo fight against a calamity like King or Queen SOO MUCH BETTER... because it would properly scale Sanji strength for post-timeskip and give him that RANK/STATUS
which he can then surpass later on, but at least we would be able to finally confirm and say "Sanji is on XXX level" for sure...

While the people who will fight against Kaido... since it's a group fight... it will be much harder to scale them and say what level they are on...

I may say that will exclude Luffy because I know for sure what Luffy's level will be:
- Luffy will end up after wano being (generally weaker than Yonko but can tossle with them, HOWEVER, he will have a mode that is ABOVE yonko but is very time limited)... it's always been the case with tough opponents

But as for the rest who will participate in that fight, their damage will be scaled by our headcanon, on how much they affected Kaido.. some people will push their agenda for their character, but generally it will be hard to scale

So, I surely don't mind Zoro's main battle is with group against Kaido... and I prefer Sanji to stay away and face a calamity since Sanji is someone we wanted to scale post-timeskip for a long time

Im rooting for Sanji

You're salty headcanon is just so ridiculous every Zoro Fan just laughs. I dont care about the headcanon nor was I mentioning Sanji at all. Im just referring to all your salty headcanon trying to downgrade all of Zoro's feats.

The Zoro hate in you is strong. We're working on getting additional copium stat
I don't hate Zoro. He is strong, a lot stronger than Apoo, Hawkins and Killer. But so are Cracker or Jack.
He is around their level, or maybe even a bit above, which is still awesome. Luffy needed G4 just to break through the first Cracker's armor. Zoro has no DF, he is amazing :kayneshrug:
Just not that absurdly strong.

They have probably forgot how Luffy vs Katakuri played out :josad:

Zoro never relied on trickeries, that is Law at best. He has no hax, he is a pure fighter. Even Asura is technically a power mode that legit augments his power level.

He is a plain fighter and his techniques revolve on brute force, not skill.
If this is true, Mihawk failed completely and is a garbage teacher.

Edit; Zoro's whole Pre TS journey was learning skill because power wasn't enough. What we see of his Post TS training is further refinement. Zoro isn't Bamm Sword go Brrr. That's Mama.

Because that named attack is the technique required to cut stuff he can't simply cut with raw power.

That's why it's been his go to since for such situations. Used it attempting to cut both Kaku's Tekkai and Kuma's body.
In the start of the journey Zoro couldn't cut a cage didn't he ? Afterwards he learned how and i asked u the same question but u didn't answer well why didn't he use sonson on those cannons in Franky house which was said to be made from steel ??

In the start of the journey Zoro couldn't cut a cage didn't he ? Afterwards he learned how and i asked u the same question but u didn't answer well why didn't he use sonson on those cannons in Franky house which was said to be made from steel ??
I don't recall your obscure example, but it's not up for discussion that he uses Lions Song for things he otherwise can not cut.

You even use one of those examples as the big picture in your signature.

I don't hate Zoro. He is strong, a lot stronger than Apoo, Hawkins and Killer. But so are Cracker or Jack.
He is around their level, or maybe even a bit above, which is still awesome. Luffy needed G4 just to break through the first Cracker's armor. Zoro has no DF, he is amazing :kayneshrug:
Just not that absurdly strong.

They have probably forgot how Luffy vs Katakuri played out :josad:
You say you like Zoro, but your comments say.... no matter what he does he doesnt deserve any of the credit.

Kamazou, Pica, etc. The proof is in the pudding

Zoro started pre timeskip with fishman, then monet, then pica, then kamazo, then ...kaidou? does it make sense?

as comparison,luffy started with hody, then CC, chinjao, then doflamingo, then cracker, then katakuri, then kaidou.

hody>>fishman
cc>>monet
doflamingo>>>>>>pica
katakuri>>>>>kamazo

if zoro beats kaidou, he already surpassed mihawk without facing him, since kaidou was called the strongest pirate
I agree with this statement, but for a different reason. Most people get that he needs surpass a YC. That level of growth SHOULD happen first against Queen or King. If Zoro performs a single strike or execution on Kaido AFTER he's been taken down by Luffy, AFTER he fights Queen or King, I dont think thats a problem at all. He didn't defeat Kaido, Luffy did, and that would still be obvious even if Zoro cut Kaido's head. That's even if that happens

That is why Zoro needed Orlumbus' help to defeat Pica, he fainted against a nerfed supernova (the weakest), he had to receive an external PU to hone his CoA or Oda put emphasis in Drake and Zoro teaming up to defeat Apoo and in Zoro attacking Apoo right after Drake broke his guard:emohiyo:
To the comment I was alluding too, you say you like Zoro but comments like these say otherwise. I could be wrong, buuuuuut on the other hand....

You say you like Zoro
I don't like Zoro, but i know he is strong :kayneshrug:

no matter what he does he doesnt deserve any of the credit.
He deserves the credit he deserves. Against Pica he showed how dangerous he can be and i acknowledge it, but i can't accept someone defining him a "casual mountain buster". He actually tried his best to defend who was in the plateau and there is no shame in getting help.
I've not said Pica would have defeated him, it would be just a much harder fight than that for Zoro. He had little to no injury because he was helped, Pica would have been able to go on for hours and that would certain tire Zoro. He would even land some heavier hits probably.

A similar reasoning can be done for many other situations, except for the fainting. Of course Zoro is not weak because he fainted, he just had to meet Hiyori, but it was the same for Sanji. He was hurt like Zoro was hungry/poisoned, so he could be wounded by Vergo to hype him before PH's ending without (according to Oda) any consequence for Sanji as a fighter for the readers. He was wrong and we all know what we Sanji fans had to endure with this Vergo thing. The fainting doesn't change anything i think about Zoro's level, but Zoro fans must pay a bit:goatasure:
And it's the perfect example, with the Yeti Cool Brothers and many others i have mentioned, to show that Zoro is not untouchable for Oda as many might think.