Character Discussion Does Zoro's progress make sense?

I don't like Zoro, but i know he is strong :kayneshrug:

He deserves the credit he deserves. Against Pica he showed how dangerous he can be and i acknowledge it, but i can't accept someone defining him a "casual mountain buster". He actually tried his best to defend who was in the plateau and there is no shame in getting help.
I've not said Pica would have defeated him, it would be just a much harder fight than that for Zoro. He had little to no injury because he was helped, Pica would have been able to go on for hours and that would certain tire Zoro. He would even land some heavier hits probably.

A similar reasoning can be done for many other situations, except for the fainting. Of course Zoro is not weak because he fainted, he just had to meet Hiyori, but it was the same for Sanji. He was hurt like Zoro was hungry/poisoned, so he could be wounded by Vergo to hype him before PH's ending without (according to Oda) any consequence for Sanji as a fighter for the readers. He was wrong and we all know what we Sanji fans had to endure with this Vergo thing. The fainting doesn't change anything i think about Zoro's level, but Zoro fans must pay a bit:goatasure:
And it's the perfect example, with the Yeti Cool Brothers and many others i have mentioned, to show that Zoro is not untouchable for Oda as many might think.
I respect you opinion here.

I agree Zoro isnt untouchable. Yeti Cool Brothers. FMI where we couldnt hold his breath long enough, Gyukimaru and Kamzou, showed his naive side. It's not the fainting i care much about because even Zoro stated himself he was naive, it's the "Kamzou is Nerfed" Bullshit that makes no sense and has literally 0 facts in the foothold. People make it seem like oh Killer ate a Smile now he is as weak as a pleasure by default.

He was helped getting there because he had no other way of traveling across the island that fast, he can't fly or jump accross an island, but he was shown to be able to split him up after the first attack. So saying he got help defeating pica vs getting help getting to pica are two different things.

To elaborate on Sanji points, I am frustrated that he is used as the main hype tool for villians, I find it displays that he's weaker than meets the eye, when we know he (IMO) is a calamity level.

I respect you opinion here.

I agree Zoro isnt untouchable. Yeti Cool Brothers. FMI where we couldnt hold his breath long enough, Gyukimaru and Kamzou, showed his naive side. It's not the fainting i care much about because even Zoro stated himself he was naive, it's the "Kamzou is Nerfed" Bullshit that makes no sense and has literally 0 facts in the foothold. People make it seem like oh Killer ate a Smile now he is as weak as a pleasure by default.

He was helped getting there because he had no other way of traveling across the island that fast, he can't fly or jump accross an island, but he was shown to be able to split him up after the first attack. So saying he got help defeating pica vs getting help getting to pica are two different things.

To elaborate on Sanji points, I am frustrated that he is used as the main hype tool for villians, I find it displays that he's weaker than meets the eye, when we know he (IMO) is a calamity level.
So calamity level fighters can get literally neg diffed by doflamingo? What the hell are you saying

So saying he got help defeating pica vs getting help getting to pica are two different things
Let's say i think he got help to defeat Pica faster and easier than he would alone. I can't ignore Pica was severed from the ground when he was not looking at Zoro.

We all are:josad:
But he has also a lot of good feats :goyea:

Imo Enma Zoro, RS Sanji, Jack and Cracker (and maybe Smoothie) are very near to each other strength wise, Queen, King, Doflamingo and Katakuri are different tho

Let's say i think he got help to defeat Pica faster and easier than he would alone. I can't ignore Pica was severed by the ground when he was not looking at Zoro.

Imo Zoro, Sanji, Jack and Cracker (and maybe Smoothie) are very near to each other strength wise, Queen, King, Doflamingo and Katakuri are different tho
Sanji has zero feats that puts him close to zoro. When will you Sanji fans get a grip on reality ? Zoro is being compared to oden this arc . Meanwhile Sanji would have died to a first commander is not for his power ranger suit hand me down from daddy

So calamity level fighters can get literally neg diffed by doflamingo? What the hell are you saying
Im saying that's how plot work. We can bet on whether or not Sanji will fight a calamity 1v1, I know ill win that bet
Post automatically merged:

Let's say i think he got help to defeat Pica faster and easier than he would alone. I can't ignore Pica was severed from the ground when he was not looking at Zoro.

Imo Enma Zoro, RS Sanji, Jack and Cracker (and maybe Smoothie) are very near to each other strength wise, Queen, King, Doflamingo and Katakuri are different tho
Unfortunately I disagree, Zoro is far above Sanji though Oda displays them as rivals, i think it's also part of the reason Oda gave Sanji the raid suit. But that's just my opinion

The general notion is still that Zoro might land an attack on Kaido similiar to Oden's paradise Totsuka and not that he's beating him in an actual 1on1, or not?
If it's about the first option, then I'd say he's definitely able to do so. Whether it's likely going to happen or not is another point though.
Before Enma was a thing Oda already had a certain development for Zoro in mind, which also explains the source of his powerful attacks.
Beforehand he was already over average good at controlling his haki flow
And even w/o any Enma training those tendrils kept getting bigger..
Now, after his Enma training session, with even greater control, I wouldn't be surprised if those haki tendrils are now much bigger, indicating a much bigger amount of haki that gets used. Within Itoryu perhaps even similiar to the ones below
More haki=more power within its release=much higher attack power.

Naturally those attacks should be much more powerful than let's say the scabbards' attacks, who are just basic advCoA users. And even they were already able to wound Kaido afterall.
So Zoro should be able to deal plenty of damage to Kaido with his all out attacks.

@Chrono
Wanna bet?

I bet Zoro will face Kaido 1v1 at one point in the encounter.

I mean there will be one situation in the fight where Both Zoro and Kaido will be specifically focused in each other and they will launch attacks at one another specifically.

Wanna bet this won't happen?
Fine. But this only counts if Zoro fights him in base. If he fights him in his retarded dragon form....then nah.

Not being hyperbolic here which 2 are you referring to. Or from Which chapters. Im guessing one of them or both of them are from Ch 955, last page and when he cuts the cliff?
Both.

Zoro taming Enma is an Oden level feat and Zoro turning Enma black is above Oden level
Post automatically merged:

Fine. But this only counts if Zoro fights him in base. If he fights him in his retarded dragon form....then nah.
@Chrono
Why are you adding restrictions now? Didn't The scabbards Fail to beat Dragon form as well? They tried their best and did jack shit to dragon form.

Anyway sure. If Kaido fight lufgy and company in only human form, zoro will fight him 1v1 in human form. If Kaido only fights on dragon form same thing.

The only way this doesn't happen is if Kaido changes mid fight. Because I bet Zoro will go off to fight King mid fight. If Kaido is in dragon form the entire time that Zoro is there and only changes to human form after Zoro has left, then that's a whole other thing

Last edited:
There's no problem with Zoro facing and even beating Kaido for several reasons.

1 - Several characters are already fought Kaido and more people will fight him. It is not a 1v1 battle against Kaido.
2 - Zoro has faced and held his own against an admiral.
3 - Zoro has yet to beat a character that forces him to go all out.
4 - The manga has hinted Zoro will face one Kaido top YC next.
5 - Kaido told us the retainers don't have the strength/power to permanently injure him. Zoro already showed us he has an enormous amount of strength/power when he cut Pica in his largest golem. That same feat shocked and amazed one of the retainers who cut Kaido.
6 - Zoro has one in the swords that cut Kaido.

From from this is not hard to see how Oda is settings over up to beat or kill Kaido.

Last edited: