Character Discussion Does Zoro's progress make sense?

A scenario worthy of chapter 1000 but feels too soon for such a terrible wound to happen, unless Kaido can handle it now. :sanmoji:
Alright, this is just my headcannon, so feel free to take it with a pinch of salt, but I noticed something about the original Yonko we have seen in combat so far: they all seem to have a weak point that, if exploited in combat, opened up the possibility of inflicting further damages to them.

WB obviously with his busted heart.
BM's picture of Mother Caramel.
And now Kaido's scar.

WB didn't start taking any injury until after Squardo stabbed his heart. It was then further damaged with him having a heart attack mid-fight against Akainu. You know as well as I do how it goes from there.

By Jinbei's admission, the shock from damaging MC's picture was enough to make BM bled. Sadly, the alliance couldn't make use of that opportunity to further damage Big Mom thanks to her CoC.

I think of Kaido's scar in a similar manner. A9 attacked him sporadically and dealt many damages, which (unfortunately for them) healed completely. Since those include many stabbing wounds he received on the platform, there is no reason to believe his insides couldn't heal at all. This means, even with Luffy's Ryuo or Kidd's possible megazord or Law's Gamma Knife, any damage he takes is bound to heal in time and the alliance will have to start from 0 again (like A9 had to start all over again once Kaido returned to his human form). Having to fight 2 Yonkos alone put the alliance at an insurmountable disadvantage, let alone when one of them can heal endlessly. I feel like they would lose if this were the situation.

However, it's not like Kaido can heal instantly. The trick here is not only to give him an injury big enough for his healing factor to handle quickly, but also which leaves him open to be further damaged. The fact that Oden's attack left a scar alone means that either Kaido had no healing factor 20 years ago or his healing factor did not yet reach its current level.

I think of Kaido's old wound being reopened as his being stabbed by Squardo or MC picture being broken moment. The moment where his toughness start taking a dent for the alliance to jump on him. That's why it has to happen early in the fight.

And what a way it would be to end Chapter 1000, too!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Zoro started pre timeskip with fishman, then monet, then pica, then kamazo, then ...kaidou? does it make sense?

as comparison,luffy started with hody, then CC, chinjao, then doflamingo, then cracker, then katakuri, then kaidou.

hody>>fishman
cc>>monet
doflamingo>>>>>>pica
katakuri>>>>>kamazo

if zoro beats kaidou, he already surpassed mihawk without facing him, since kaidou was called the strongest pirate
Zoro isn't beating Kaido 1v1.

Also anyway the difference is that Luffy is the main character so needs to have multiple fights during arcs, being the centerpiece.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Alright, this is just my headcannon, so feel free to take it with a pinch of salt, but I noticed something about the original Yonko we have seen in combat so far: they all seem to have a weak point that, if exploited in combat, opened up the possibility of inflicting further damages to them.

WB obviously with his busted heart.
BM's picture of Mother Caramel.
And now Kaido's scar.

WB didn't start taking any injury until after Squardo stabbed his heart. It was then further damaged with him having a heart attack mid-fight against Akainu. You know as well as I do how it goes from there.

By Jinbei's admission, the shock from damaging MC's picture was enough to make BM bled. Sadly, the alliance couldn't make use of that opportunity to further damage Big Mom thanks to her CoC.

I think of Kaido's scar in a similar manner. A9 attacked him sporadically and dealt many damages, which (unfortunately for them) healed completely. Since those include many stabbing wounds he received on the platform, there is no reason to believe his insides couldn't heal at all. This means, even with Luffy's Ryuo or Kidd's possible megazord or Law's Gamma Knife, any damage he takes is bound to heal in time and the alliance will have to start from 0 again (like A9 had to start all over again once Kaido returned to his human form). Having to fight 2 Yonkos alone put the alliance at an insurmountable disadvantage, let alone when one of them can heal endlessly. I feel like they would lose if this were the situation.

However, it's not like Kaido can heal instantly. The trick here is not only to give him an injury big enough for his healing factor to handle quickly, but also which leaves him open to be further damaged. The fact that Oden's attack left a scar alone means that either Kaido had no healing factor 20 years ago or his healing factor did not yet reach its current level.

I think of Kaido's old wound being reopened as his being stabbed by Squardo or MC picture being broken moment. The moment where his toughness start taking a dent for the alliance to jump on him. That's why it has to happen early in the fight.

And what a way it would be to end Chapter 1000, too!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:
You might be onto something here. So, all the Supernovas are hopeless without Zoro opening the door for them... :sanmoji:

So fucking what, for the first 10 years Oda didn't even kill any single good guy that's not from a flashback, then suddenly he killed Ace and WB in MF. I bet if MF were to happen right now, you would dismiss the chance of WB and Ace BOTH die in the same fucking arc, stating that you'd have to completely ignore how Oda has written the story for the past 10+ years to believe it's even a remote possibility. :kriwhat:
The difference between Whitebeard and Ace's deaths and "Kaido being killed" is in Oda's interviews on how he feels about death in manga. Oda doesn't kill villains because it does nothing for the overall benefit of the Story. Whitebeard and Ace's death benefited the story as a whole, as does every flashback death he's ever done.

Kaido dying would be nothing but pure shock value and fanservice for a select group of fans. And the shock value would be greatly diminished due to it being what everyone is predicting would happen. Nobody predicted Whitebeard and Ace would die, because at the time it was unheard of, and Oda was able to capitalize off of that, and it worked. It was emotional for a lot of fans, and still is for some. It is something that left a lasting impression, while at the same time made complete sense as to why it had to be done.

There is none of that with Kaido dying, and has the exact opposite effect. A Villain finally gets their dream fulfilled? What the shit is this? What makes Kaido so special compared to all the other villains who came before him, who had their dreams crushed and they had to live with that, knowing they'll never achieve their dreams?

There is nothing being setup here that absolutely requires Kaido dying in order for the manga to have to move forward. It goes against Oda's principles, and mindset that people having to live with their failure, is a fate far worse than death. But nah, lets just go ahead and kill Kaido, because... Because.... Because REASONS!

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
The difference between Whitebeard and Ace's deaths and "Kaido being killed" is in Oda's interviews on how he feels about death in manga. Oda doesn't kill villains because it does nothing for the overall benefit of the Story. Whitebeard and Ace's death benefited the story as a whole, as does every flashback death he's ever done.

Kaido dying would be nothing but pure shock value and fanservice for a select group of fans. And the shock value would be greatly diminished due to it being what everyone is predicting would happen. Nobody predicted Whitebeard and Ace would die, because at the time it was unheard of, and Oda was able to capitalize off of that, and it worked. It was emotional for a lot of fans, and still is for some. It is something that left a lasting impression, while at the same time made complete sense as to why it had to be done.

There is none of that with Kaido dying, and has the exact opposite effect. A Villain finally gets their dream fulfilled? What the shit is this? What makes Kaido so special compared to all the other villains who came before him, who had their dreams crushed and they had to live with that, knowing they'll never achieve their dreams?

There is nothing being setup here that absolutely requires Kaido dying in order for the manga to have to move forward. It goes against Oda's principles, and mindset that people having to live with their failure, is a fate far worse than death. But nah, lets just go ahead and kill Kaido, because... Because.... Because REASONS!
Wheres he gonna go then ?
18 captures that failed but 19 will magically work now ?
He has stupid regen what stops him coming straight back ?
Post automatically merged:

I love the forced Pica wank. Just because Zoro hasn’t fought anyone impressive, some users need the boost Pica to the level of someone like Cracker.

it doesn’t make sense for Zoro to jump from a low Vet level character to literally the strongest.
No one asked you dragdown

Wheres he gonna go then ?
18 captures that failed but 19 will magically work now ?
He has stupid regen what stops him coming straight back ?

No one asked you dragdown
Where does he have to go for a long period of time, Lmao? EoS is just around the corner, where literally everyone and their mother is predicted to be coming back to join in the final war.

HA001

Where does he have to go for a long period of time, Lmao? EoS is just around the corner, where literally everyone and their mother is predicted to be coming back to join in the final war.
So whats he gonna do just sit and sulk ? Why would he not try to destroy wano or luffy straight after ?

It’s a Public thread Shanksfan101
Shanks > doffy

So whats he gonna do just sit and sulk ? Why would he not try to destroy wano or luffy straight after ?

Shanks > doffy
Why would he go back to destroy Wano, when it has never been his objective? It's simply been a base for him to prepare to fight in the greatest War the World has ever known. If that's already set into motion by Wano's end, like many believe, then wouldn't that be where his focus would shift to?

I don't really see Kaido being petty like Big Mom is, and following the Straw Hats to the ends of the Earth, and killing them and everyone they love. We already have one character like that, we don't need another.

HA001

Why would he go back to destroy Wano, when it has never been his objective? It's simply been a base for him to prepare to fight in the greatest War the World has ever known. If that's already set into motion by Wano's end, like many believe, then wouldn't that be where his focus would shift to?

I don't really see Kaido being petty like Big Mom is, and following the Straw Hats to the ends of the Earth, and killing them and everyone they love. We already have one character like that, we don't need another.
Lmfao. Of course you dont.
Luffy kos him on wano then what he just leaves him there ?
Of course kaido wont get revenge hes gonna send them a postcard at the end of every month instead.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I still have some reservation regarding Zoro killing kaido due to Blackbeard aspect (missing strongest zoan DF)

But never had doubt on zoro cutting kaido.

Will it put him above mihawk? Nah

Kaido is a team game. No one in wano is strong enough to beat kaido alone. After his defeat, everyone will rise as huge threat - especially Luffy,zoro,Kidd and Law.

But dealing the damage to kaido will definitely put zoro at oden level or even surpass him.

Tbh, this feat will hype both zoro and mihawk (solo end game for zoro)

And, zoro isn't sky rocketing from pica to kaido because

1)zoro never went all out since Ts. You guys assumed that he went all out to downplay him but evidences were cleared that he didn't.

2)Zoro took two lives out of Hawkins, defeated killer and now apoo. And, still haven't got much serious or got pushed to use Enma and Asura.

So he is already too strong. And, you guys are in for huge treat (salt if you belong to some other fanbase 🤭🤭)

And, as someone said over here....

Learn from repeated past mistakes----- "Betting against zoro is betting against oda which you will definitely lose"

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
I love the forced Pica wank. Just because Zoro hasn’t fought anyone impressive, some users need the boost Pica to the level of someone like Cracker.

it doesn’t make sense for Zoro to jump from a low Vet level character to literally the strongest.
Why is it that only Zoro has to prove he’s at a certain level? People expect the other Supernovas to help out, but they don’t have feats either. And they don’t really have portrayal that high...

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Why is it that only Zoro has to prove he’s at a certain level? People expect the other Supernovas to help out, but they don’t have feats either. And they don’t really have portrayal that high...
Cause Zoro is a very important character we’ve been following and hasn’t shown enough to suggest he will help out that much. I’m sure Sanji is going to get involved against Kaido too, it doesn’t mean I think Sanji is doing shit to Kaido.