Character Discussion Does Zoro's progress make sense?

S

stealthblack

Vergo, unlike Monet, could not stay on PH for long.

Vergo was certainly the strongest opponent present during PH.
between Ceasar and Monet I still say that Monet was the stronger of the two.
how so? cc has one of the best logias, monet was caribou 2.0

Doflamingo was mid diffing Law bro.... plus it took both luffy and law to defeat Doffy. If Doffys a 10 law is like a 6 in Dressrosa. Vergo would be a 4, Smoker was 4.5. and Sanji was a 3.5....Vergo wasn't low diffing Sanji but he likely was stronger.

Vergo's still below the level of Tobi Roppo and Such.
Law's df is based on his stamina, he can't use high leveled attacks when his stamina is down.

Law held his own against doflamingo and ishoo for like an hour (or was it longer?) until his stamina took a hitting, and he got "defeated", but still was able to get away and even save sanji.

By the time law walked into the throneroom with Luffy, he was at like 40%. Then Bellamy distracted Luffy, while Law yet again had to 1 v 1 him. Outside of the free red hawk law allowed luffy cuz of teleportation, law defeating trebol, the injection point, and the counter shock (the gamma knife was overally fixed cuz of the state of doflamingo's devil fruit), it was law vs doflamingo, and then luffy vs doflamingo.

Law defeated Vergo by using a high stamina exertion attack that fairly drained him (he was healed from it probably by dressrosa, maybe not though), Smoker was beating Vergo until he switched from "I'm winning" to "I need to get the heart". Also you're not remembering the law vs smoker fight accurately. Smoker literally was half an inch from winning within the first attack he did in the entire fight, smoker was literally freaking out and teleporting himself away the last possible second, he almost had a seastone jutte jammed into his throat like luffy did at marineford, and that'd have been it. Law beat Smoker with a trick, not strength. He used the stone in a way that made it seem that law was despearately trying to create a barrier to defend himself with, but really it was to trick smoker by creating a barrier that would block smoker's vision of him so that he could duck under when smoker attacked, and then attack him when he's in a vulnerable offensive position. THe same move/trick wouldn't work twice in a rematch.

Also doflamingo defeat a smoker who was covered in bandages from his fights and we don't even know how difficult it was cuz it was off paneled, while doflamingo was fresh.

Overall Smoker and Law are pretty equal and have a marginal advantage over Vergo to where he'd still have pushed them to high or extreme diff, if that attack had missed, law would have had to really take a beating to have another chance at victory against vergo.

Anyway law is probably stronger now than he was in dressorsa, same with smoker. Vergo meanwhile should be coming back soon with the axoxtl fruit, so he's kind of a hard counter to law now.

You're underestimating law, smoker, and vergo.
Post automatically merged:

Vergo, unlike Monet, could not stay on PH for long.

Vergo was certainly the strongest opponent present during PH.
between Ceasar and Monet I still say that Monet was the stronger of the two.
Wait, are you fucking serious?

Vergo could probably beat CC, but CC is monster trio leveled.

CC not only has the hax of draining the air out of an area to suffocate people, he was clashing with g2 and g3 luffy. CC is monster trio leveled, while Monet was like middle or weakling trio leveled, she literally passed out out of fear of zoro for f's sakes.

CC took a literal beat down and kept fighting from a serious base, g2, and g3 Luffy, and also has a much stronger devil fruit than monet, monet is a nami, usopp, or robin styled opponent who got paired against zoro instead. The yeti cool brothers could beat monet.

CC was taking hits from G2, base, and G3 Luffy, and was dropped by a grizzly magnum (a super delayed stretched out to gain more clinging impact double g3 buso slam). Also all the attacks were clearly buso hardening cuz cc is a logia.

To quote CC himself:

Last edited:
help kinnemon to do what? maybe to fight kaido, because thats what kin is/was doing? Or just to cheer him on? you wouldnt be the first to suggest something so ridiculous
I mean the concept is that Zoro would help Kinemon by acting as a support to him, which would imply Kinemon would take lead in the encounter. Honestly either Kinemon or Zoro is going to cut Kaidou, and with that quote, it almost seems like it might be Kinemon, it won't win the fight, but he'll oden style cut him before being taken out. I could see something happening that essentially allows kinemon to dual wield enma and momo's sword that is oden's other one, and cutting kaidou. He is the one who leads the scabbards, he is the one who didn't get his swords, but is the closest thing to oden in personality, demeaner, etc, he was one of his first two disciples/scabbards too. Momo is Oden's son, and he's going to be a pirate king tier bad ass when he gets older and has the voice of all and stuff too, but Kinemon is the one who has taken Oden's will more than any other character.

Anyway regarding the comment, zoro was essentially saying he was going to support and fight with the scabbards, and kinemon is the one he knows most + he's good friends with kinemon, the whole strawhat crew is.

I mean the concept is that Zoro would help Kinemon by acting as a support to him, which would imply Kinemon would take lead in the encounter. Honestly either Kinemon or Zoro is going to cut Kaidou, and with that quote, it almost seems like it might be Kinemon, it won't win the fight, but he'll oden style cut him before being taken out. I could see something happening that essentially allows kinemon to dual wield enma and momo's sword that is oden's other one, and cutting kaidou. He is the one who leads the scabbards, he is the one who didn't get his swords, but is the closest thing to oden in personality, demeaner, etc, he was one of his first two disciples/scabbards too. Momo is Oden's son, and he's going to be a pirate king tier bad ass when he gets older and has the voice of all and stuff too, but Kinemon is the one who has taken Oden's will more than any other character.

Anyway regarding the comment, zoro was essentially saying he was going to support and fight with the scabbards, and kinemon is the one he knows most + he's good friends with kinemon, the whole strawhat crew is.
kinnemon didnt even dare to try wield enma. but nice fanfiction

Hmm…

Looks like Perospero is totally not a Big Mom Pirate.
You don't understand what I'm trying to say, Perospero WAS a big mom pirate, who like streusen and compote, retired eventually and still supported the crew via other means. He still is an underling of big mom, he's just not a crew member. None of his like 3 intro boxes introduced him as a big mom pirate. Essentially he stayed in tottland or wahtever her territory is called, was a minister of his island, and probably did a lot of the national defense organization (Sea slug stuff to track people in the territory, CC's deal, organizing other people under big mom to assassinate people who go against her, etc etc)

Perospero essentially does the background and homeland defense style stuff, while not being an official member of the crew. Following cracker and katakuri probably losing their sweet commander rankings, I could see him coming back to join the crew though, breaking his retirement. He's a big mom underling, but he wasn't (at least in the confines of whole cake island arc), an official member of the big mom pirates, though even sweet commanders like smoothie and katakuri were subservient to his orders.
Post automatically merged:

kinnemon didnt even dare to try wield enma. but nice fanfiction
Yeah, and he would to fight Kaidou, Kinemon is literally willing to die for this war.

You don't understand what I'm trying to say, Perospero WAS a big mom pirate, who like streusen and compote, retired eventually and still supported the crew via other means. He still is an underling of big mom, he's just not a crew member. None of his like 3 intro boxes introduced him as a big mom pirate. Essentially he stayed in tottland or wahtever her territory is called, was a minister of his island, and probably did a lot of the national defense organization (Sea slug stuff to track people in the territory, CC's deal, organizing other people under big mom to assassinate people who go against her, etc etc)

Perospero essentially does the background and homeland defense style stuff, while not being an official member of the crew. Following cracker and katakuri probably losing their sweet commander rankings, I could see him coming back to join the crew though, breaking his retirement. He's a big mom underling, but he wasn't (at least in the confines of whole cake island arc), an official member of the big mom pirates, though even sweet commanders like smoothie and katakuri were subservient to his orders.
What I'm trying to say is Perospero is a Big Mom Pirate because the manga explicitly says it.

What the intro boxes chose to leave out for almost every other Charlotte doesn't change that Oda had officially designated them as members of Big Mom's crew. Perospero running an island or being tasked with certain procedures doesn't support the notion he's not a member anymore in anyway. Hell, the Ministers were treated as the top force of the Big Mom Pirates three different times, and the fact all Sweet Generals (including Snack) and the four veterans are Ministers themselves further support they're Big Mom's top force.

This will go off topic, so I'll take it else where if we persist.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

For the 2 illiterates

ZORO WAS GOING UP TO KAIDO BEFORE HE EVEN KNEW KINEMON WAS THERE

Last edited:
For the 2 illiterates

ZORO WAS GOING UP TO KAIDO BEFORE HE EVEN KNEW KINEMON WAS THERE
Zoro knew they were there, it was literally the entire strategy. Also Crocodile was trying to attack Whitebeard at marineford, a willingness to fight someone doesn't mean anything.

The reason kaidou was literally on the roof was because of the scabbards, zoro and luffy knew they were there.

Zoro knowing that kaidou is there is a fucking useless point that you guys are trying to ignore to shill for zoro, no one on the island is kaidou leveled, no one can match him 1 v 1, not even big mom really. He is THE STRONGEST PIRATE IN THE WORLD.

You zoro fanboys even get triggered when people say zoro can't beat kaidou, the guy who recently one hit luffy.

What I'm trying to say is Perospero is a Big Mom Pirate because the manga explicitly says it.

What the intro boxes chose to leave out for almost every other Charlotte doesn't change that Oda had officially designated them as members of Big Mom's crew. Perospero running an island or being tasked with certain procedures doesn't support the notion he's not a member anymore in anyway. Hell, the Ministers were treated as the top force of the Big Mom Pirates three different times, and the fact all Sweet Generals (including Snack) and the four veterans are Ministers themselves further support they're Big Mom's top force.

This will go off topic, so I'll take it else where if we persist.
Yes, and I'm saying that during whole cake island, he was retired, and he mighty have returned after katakuri and cracker were embarassed and probably lost their top commander positions like snack did.

Perospero had multiple intro boxes in whole cake, none of them stated he was a big mom pirate, despite other crew members being mentioned as being big mom pirate members (like smoothie), in their intro boxes.

Ministers have nothing to do with the crew, though there is an overlap. Ministers are mayors of their own individual islands. Katakuri is a minister of an island even, minister isn't a rank like headliner or something.

Big Mom likes her kids, she rewards her top kids who are loyal to her with leadership positions. Like yeah, of course there is a lot of overlap between her kids, the crew, and who she puts in charge of islands, she is biased towards her kids, her kids are powerful (and a lot are smarter than her), and her crew almost entirely (at least leadership positions) made up of her children.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Zoro knew they were there, it was literally the entire strategy. Also Crocodile was trying to attack Whitebeard at marineford, a willingness to fight someone doesn't mean anything.

The reason kaidou was literally on the roof was because of the scabbards, zoro and luffy knew they were there.

Zoro knowing that kaidou is there is a fucking useless point that you guys are trying to ignore to shill for zoro, no one on the island is kaidou leveled, no one can match him 1 v 1, not even big mom really. He is THE STRONGEST PIRATE IN THE WORLD.

You zoro fanboys even get triggered when people say zoro can't beat kaidou, the guy who recently one hit luffy.
Lmfao FUCKING READ WHAT IT SAYS
He didnt know kinemon and co were up there HE EVEN ASKED IF KAIDO WAS UP TOP.
keep your bullshit to yourself idgaf im showing you what the manga says