Current Events Drunk Mode isn't suppose to be taken seriously

Being unpredictable isn't an issue for someone with FS

Drunk Kaido isn't PU for sure. But he isn't fighting serious. Just look at the chapter he is gaging, having mental issues with himself. He is more worried about the castle than about Luffy. He only went serious when he claims to be sober again. Drunk Kaido 100% confirmed to be a nerf.
How is that a nerf? If he says himself that doesn't make him weaker? I don't understand it is however said in the chapter that it does not make it less strong.

Drunk Kaido isn't PU for sure. But he isn't fighting serious. Just look at the chapter he is gaging, having mental issues with himself. He is more worried about the castle than about Luffy. He only went serious when he claims to be sober again. Drunk Kaido 100% confirmed to be a nerf.
Kaido after getting drunk: It's not like I'd make myself weaker

@Herrera95 : LuFfY fIgHtInG nErF kAiDo

:laughmoji:

Get off the copium Luffy is just stronger than you had him in your headcanon to try have Zoro over him

Luffy leaving Wano strongest

:steef:

The only nerf to Kaido is all the fighting he has been doing non stop, his drunken mode isn't a nerf.

Momotaro nonsense was the most cope way some mfs dealt with the ZKK. Absolute stupidity :gokulaugh:
Post automatically merged:

Nah he's actually stronger. His alcohol is steroids to him or some shit.

Drunken Style is OP whenever a martial artist uses it it :cheers:

Last edited:
Why Oda can't hold him from retconning everything on One Piece?

Kaido's is being drunk almost every time he shows up.

Since Kaido seems to only gets sad and suicidal when he drunks it is pretty safe to assume he was drunk when he first met Kid's alliance.

He was also drunk when he first met and fought Luffy at beginning of Wano.

He was drunk when Scabbards attacked him. And at the same night he even took more sake and then fought Yamato.

Everybody only fought drunk Kaido. Not sure about BM though. And most of these encounters Kaido got hurt but it seem he didn't against BM.

That said, drunk Kaido is nerf Kaido. Stupid to think otherwise. Doesn't matter what Oda makes Kaido say. Words of a drunk man means nothing. Kaido says something but shows another. Drunk Kaido is bullshit portrayal while sober Kaido is real shit feat wise.
I could be overreaching with this one, but after reading the chapter several times, i'm starting to have some understanding to Kaido's Drunken mode.
Haki has great attachment to the mental health of the user. Drinking Sake makes Kaido enter a state where he has extreme mood swings from enjoyment to sadness, disappointment & anger.
It seems to me that his Haki is following his mental state.
To elaborate, This Drunken mode makes Kaido's movements & attacks unpredictable and the haki release follows that, some of his attacks will have more haki than others.
Simple chart to illustrate what i'm talking about:
In this state, Kaido's haki sees huge spikes & ranges from very strong to weak.
Kaido overwhelms Luffy.

Kaido's attack easily blocked by Luffy
The negative side, unlike his DF transformations, Kaido can't control the amount of haki to be used in his attacks. (unpredictable even for the user)
whereas in his sober state, Kaido's Haki is more stable with less spikes & he has better control over it.

Conclusion:
Yes, i think it's a serious mode with high risk-high reward.

Do you agree with this, rather it being a simple haki bloom for Luffy or Kaido...?!
@ArturCantSpeakJapanese

I could be overreaching with this one, but after reading the chapter several times, i'm starting to have some understanding to Kaido's Drunken mode.
Haki has great attachment to the mental health of the user. Drinking Sake makes Kaido enter a state where he has extreme mood swings from enjoyment to sadness, disappointment & anger.
To elaborate, This Drunken mode makes Kaido's movements & attacks unpredictable and the haki release follows that, some of his attacks will have more haki than others.
Kaido overwhelms Luffy.

The negative side, unlike his DF transformations, Kaido can't control the amount of haki to be used in his attacks. (unpredictable even for the user)
whereas in his sober state, Kaido's Haki is more stable with less spikes & he has better control over it.

Conclusion:

Do you agree with this, rather it being a simple haki bloom for Luffy or Kaido...?!
@ArturCantSpeakJapanese

i agree

it's a buff but it's also a joke

it's not one of Kaido main power ups, its just here to put emphasis on one of Kaido traits, and it's already over after just one chapter

the interesting bit about this mode is his Haki getting stronger, the explanation could mean Kaido is nerfed right now

Kaido overwhelms Luffy.

Conclusion:

@ArturCantSpeakJapanese
this is half the truth

I talked about this before, sober Kaido right now have weak morals, he just want to die, while in Drunk mode his mentality can change temporarily

this make us understand King and Kaido flashback more, Kaido seemed way happier and optimistic in the past, and many people concluded something happened to him that made him want to die

if Haki strength is related to emotions, than Kaido maybe is nerfed right now

Last edited:
Kaido overwhelms Luffy.

Conclusion:

@ArturCantSpeakJapanese
Nice catch.

I disagree about Kaido's attack being impredictable. Don't know why you people keep hitting on that button. He doesn't seem impredictable at all. He is simply dodging/blocking and attacking Luffy as he always did. At best he is doing different things that he wasn't doing before.

But his haki variantion may be true since Luffy is getting overwhelmed by headbutt only(he simply didn't tried to block ragnarok) but being able to block that spinning attack.

But again, this is not serious mode since you don't have consistency. Kaido can have a peak overpowering Luffy but if hit in his low peak can be a lose fight to him. Giving that he was already ahead of Luffy without it, Kaido betting on haki peak by being drunk is not being serious. Besides that he still has mental issues with himself that takes him away from the battle.

it's a buff but it's also a joke

it's not one of Kaido main power ups, its just here to put emphasis on one of Kaido traits, and it's already over after just one chapter

the interesting bit about this mode is his Haki getting stronger, the explanation could mean Kaido is nerfed right now

this is half the truth

I talked about this before, sober Kaido right now have weak morals, he just want to die, while in Drunk mode his mentality can change temporarily

this make us understand King and Kaido flashback more, Kaido seemed way happier and optimistic in the past, and many people concluded something happened to him that made him want to die

if Haki strength is related to emotions, than Kaido maybe is nerfed right now
Not necessarily a nerf, i think Kaido is trading his Control over His haki for releasing more haki (stronger attacks).
Like i said it's a "high risk- high reward" mode.

Last edited:
How is that a nerf? If he says himself that doesn't make him weaker? I don't understand it is however said in the chapter that it does not make it less strong.
He not being weaker doesn't mean is not a nerf. He has the same strength or even higher in some peaks as I'm discussing with the other guy. But he is having mental issues with himself that is taking him out of the battle sometimes. So instead of hitting Luffy over and over he hits once and then hangs around by himself until Luffy comes back and hit him, then he fights him again.

Not necessarily a nerf, i think Kaido is trading his Control over His haki for realsing more haki (stronger attacks).
Like i said it's a "high risk- high reward" mode.
am not saying drunk mode is a nerf

am saying if Haki strength is related to emotions Wich is highly likely, than Kaido now is weaker than Kaido in King flashback, since his moral back then was in way better state than now or in Oden flashback

Why Oda can't hold him from retconning everything on One Piece?

Kaido's is being drunk almost every time he shows up.

Since Kaido seems to only gets sad and suicidal when he drunks it is pretty safe to assume he was drunk when he first met Kid's alliance.

He was also drunk when he first met and fought Luffy at beginning of Wano.

He was drunk when Scabbards attacked him. And at the same night he even took more sake and then fought Yamato.

Everybody only fought drunk Kaido. Not sure about BM though. And most of these encounters Kaido got hurt but it seem he didn't against BM.

That said, drunk Kaido is nerf Kaido. Stupid to think otherwise. Doesn't matter what Oda makes Kaido say. Words of a drunk man means nothing. Kaido says something but shows another. Drunk Kaido is bullshit portrayal while sober Kaido is real shit feat wise.
yean and zoIotards shouldn’t be taken seriously either:suresure:

am not saying drunk mode is a nerf

am saying if Haki strength is related to emotions Wich is highly likely, than Kaido now is weaker than Kaido in King flashback, since his moral back then was in way better state than now or in Oden flashback
Yes, haki is related to the emotions of the user.
It can be proven, based on Rayleigh's speech to luffy about haki or how Katakuri & Luffy lost their FS when they were enraged.

I'm not sure about him being weaker than his younger self.
It makes more sense (narrative wise) for him to be stronger based on Oden's last words to him, or how haki in general & especially CoC seems to bloom with hard experiences in life (including emotional).
I think current Kaido > flashback Kaido!

He not being weaker doesn't mean is not a nerf. He has the same strength or even higher in some peaks as I'm discussing with the other guy. But he is having mental issues with himself that is taking him out of the battle sometimes. So instead of hitting Luffy over and over he hits once and then hangs around by himself until Luffy comes back and hit him, then he fights him again.
I don't know if his stronger or not when he drink, but it's not a nerf. Simply