Current Events Egghead is an escape arc. Why do people keep ignoring this?

To me, Luffy vs Saturn seems like an agenda matchup

Mostly from people who want Zoro vs Kizaru, albeit I won’t discount the possibility that some just don’t understand the purpose of the arc.

Egghead is an escape arc, and we have known that since the beginning. The goal is to take Vegapunk off egghead, and escape to Elbaf. That’s the established set up by the characters.

Is Saturn the main villain? Of course he is. But that doesn’t mean Luffy will defeat him, as that defeats the purpose of the arc: escape. Specifically, escape to Elbaf.

This is why, despite Saturn being the main villain, Oda has already included multiple plot points that could serve to stall him while the SHs escape.
  1. Kuma
  2. Giant robot
  3. Kizaru betrayal
  4. Seraphim having the ability to disobey orders(S-Snake’s interaction with Luffy)
  5. Blackbeard pirates
  6. Marco and Weevil(Buckin told Marco to go ask Vegapunk about Weevil’s relationship to WB)
  7. Mother flame reactor(probably the tamatebako of egghead)
If Luffy can and does defeat Saturn, then there is no point of escape. With Saturn gone, Vegapunk would have control of the pacifista and the Marines would get destroyed. The log pose would recalibrate to the next islands and the SHs would skip elbaf altogether.

This isn’t Enies lobby, it isn’t wano. This arc is comparable to impel down, or more accurately, WCI. Saturn is the main villain, but his purpose is to chase the SHs to elbaf, not to be defeated in egghead.

Imho, while it is an escape arc, we will certainly get fights en route to the escape. It just depends on the level Oda wants go with it.

- Impel Down shows Luffy as a weakling in the midst of enemies he cant handle, so even when fighting Magellan, he got manhandled.

- WCI is also an escape arc, but contrary to ID, Luffy fought someone and defeated them.

Now, this could be the option for Egghead, in that Luffy fights either Kizaru again or Saturn, but we cant say for sure. Kuma did fodderize 2 VA this chapter. Plowed right through the Otter one and seemingly Bluegrass and her pacifista so we may be limited to very few points of engagement outside of these 2.

But yes, you are right in that Kizaru, Kuma or the Robot can all make sacrifice plays in order to help the crew escape and not necessarily lead to the Gorosei's defeat. Its weird to me that people cant even entertain any of these options. We have no idea how the arc will be structured in its battles.

To me, Luffy vs Saturn seems like an agenda matchup

Mostly from people who want Zoro vs Kizaru, albeit I won’t discount the possibility that some just don’t understand the purpose of the arc.

Egghead is an escape arc, and we have known that since the beginning. The goal is to take Vegapunk off egghead, and escape to Elbaf. That’s the established set up by the characters.

Is Saturn the main villain? Of course he is. But that doesn’t mean Luffy will defeat him, as that defeats the purpose of the arc: escape. Specifically, escape to Elbaf.

This is why, despite Saturn being the main villain, Oda has already included multiple plot points that could serve to stall him while the SHs escape.
  1. Kuma
  2. Giant robot
  3. Kizaru betrayal
  4. Seraphim having the ability to disobey orders(S-Snake’s interaction with Luffy)
  5. Blackbeard pirates
  6. Marco and Weevil(Buckin told Marco to go ask Vegapunk about Weevil’s relationship to WB)
  7. Mother flame reactor(probably the tamatebako of egghead)
If Luffy can and does defeat Saturn, then there is no point of escape. With Saturn gone, Vegapunk would have control of the pacifista and the Marines would get destroyed. The log pose would recalibrate to the next islands and the SHs would skip elbaf altogether.

This isn’t Enies lobby, it isn’t wano. This arc is comparable to impel down, or more accurately, WCI. Saturn is the main villain, but his purpose is to chase the SHs to elbaf, not to be defeated in egghead.
That's nice but Saturn needs to die

Remember how they said the Egghead incident would shake the world? Saturn's death would 100% do that.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

There's already a buildup for Saturn to fall here, unfortunately. But I confess it will be quick given how broken Luffy is at the moment; with just one hit, he's defeating admirals out there. LMAO

That's nice but Saturn needs to die

Remember how they said the Egghead incident would shake the world? Saturn's death would 100% do that.
There's already a buildup for Saturn to fall here, unfortunately. But I confess it will be quick given how broken Luffy is at the moment; with just one hit, he's defeating admirals out there. LMAO
I really don't understand the willingness of certain people to ignore the fact that Saturn is most likely falling here and how they turn their arguments of the Egghead incident "around this".

They are clearly ignoring the elephant in the room.

Maybe Kizaru teams up with Luffy, whatever, but don't ignore the "obvious".

If Luffy actually fights Saturn, then itll be a normal length fight similar to his other fights.

The question is what happens to Kizaru, because he's not actually "defeated" in the context of literally every other fight in this series (unconscious or bleeding).
Post automatically merged:

I really don't understand the willingness of certain people to ignore the fact that Saturn is most likely falling here and how they turn their arguments of the Egghead incident "around this".

They are clearly ignoring the elephant in the room.

Maybe Kizaru teams up with Luffy, whatever, but don't ignore the "obvious".
Nobody is ignoring the obvious, you are just acting like its the only option when people can theorize whatever they want. Not only that, you are getting super aggressive about it needlessly instead of just patiently waiting for an outcome.

This is the same nonsense you spouted when you swore up and down that Luffy NEEDED to save Bonney immediately, which then this chapter closed that shit in your face. All it makes you look like is a asshole with nothing backing you.

Last edited:
If Luffy actually fights Saturn, then itll be a normal length fight similar to his other fights.

The question is what happens to Kizaru, because he's not actually "defeated" in the context of literally every other fight in this series (unconscious or bleeding).
Saturn hasn't been built up as this overwhelming powerhouse like Kaido, Katakuri, Doflamingo, etc.
He's strong, sure, but we haven't gotten anything to suggest that he's stronger than Kizaru. I can't picture Gear 5 Luffy vs Saturn going on for longer than 3 chapters

Saturn hasn't been built up as this overwhelming powerhouse like Kaido, Katakuri, Doflamingo, etc.
He's strong, sure, but we haven't gotten anything to suggest that he's stronger than Kizaru. I can't picture Gear 5 Luffy vs Saturn going on for longer than 3 chapters
Id wait another chapter and see how Kuma actually performs first lol

Nobody is ignoring the obvious, you are just acting like its the only option when people can theorize whatever they want. Not only that, you are getting super aggressive about it needlessly instead of just patiently waiting for an outcome.

This is the same nonsense you spouted when you sword up and down that Luffy NEEDED to save Bonney immediately, which then this chapter closed that shit in your face. All it makes you look like is a asshole with nothing backing you.
Welcome to Worstgen then because you must be new to this forum. @Sir Yasheen, @Extravlad and other delusional people still believe that Luffy won't fight Saturn and that he'll face Kizaru for round 2.

Still butthurt eh? I already acknowledged that. However, that doesn't discredit what I said as much as you want to use that against me, it was a very fair assumption and I entirely own it. Oda merely postponed that moment so Kuma would experience Nika return with his daughter.

Luffy defeating Saturn is literally the outcome of the Egghead incident, it takes 3 year old reading comprehension to understand that.

Anyway, I should stick to bringing up correct analyses like I do 90% of the time and less arguing with butthurt and/or agenda people.

Kuma will explode,everyone takes the opportunity to escape from the island.

in the newspapers it will appear that Saturn was defeated, but in reality he was only injured.