Current Events Enjoying Good Things and Tempering Expectations

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
โ€Ž
Ch. 1058 was probably the best chapter Zoro/Mihawk fans had since last year. Mihawk's bounty was a nice surprise. However it looks like some of us are getting over-excited over this little crumb and Jinbei being inserted in between Zoro and Sanji.

No matter how much we try to rationalize the decisions by Oda, he has majorly fucked this fraction more than once. Oda has:
  1. Intentionally brought up and discarded Zoro's lineage plot line.
  2. Made Ryuuma and Luffy parallels
  3. Kept Sanji's bounty really close to Zoro's.
  4. Narratively emphasized Kid and Law over Zoro.
  5. Gave Zoro quite a small bounty.
  6. Unnecessarily used "skills" last chapter, leading to the current nonsensical debate that we are having.
  7. Rarely tried to bring a real swordsman as Zoro's opponent (Daz Bones, King both denied outright being swordsman, only Ohm and Kaku considered themselves swordsmen).
So, if you think suddenly Oda is going to give Zoro/Mihawk fans the hypes and feats we have been waiting for, that is a wishful thinking.

The reality will be:
  1. Shiryu will also deny being a swordsman
  2. Shanks will be given amazing feats and portrayal while Mihawk does nothing
  3. Sanji will somehow remain close to Zoro in bounty and in the opponents they beat till EoS.
Why? Because Oda has no incentive in giving Zoro/Mihawk fraction priority over other fandoms. If Oda broadens the gap between Luffy and Zoro while keeping the gap between Zoro and Sanji the same, then he is:
  1. Keeping Luffy fans happy (the biggest fraction)
  2. Keeping Sanji fans happy (the third biggest fraction; they have given up trying to reach Luffy, they will be satisfied if they remain close to Zoro and fangirls will be making yaoi about them)
  3. Keeping Yonkou fans happy (massive fanbase, they don't want Zoro to ever reach Yonkou levels)
  4. Keeping Shanks fans happy (massive fanbase, they don't want anyone but Luffy reach his level)
  5. Pissing off literally no other fanbases
It is simple math. Zoro/Mihawk hypes/feats will only appease only 10-15% of the OP fans and piss off 40-50% of the OP fans. But if Oda gives Shanks/Luffy/BB hypes/feats at the expense of Zoro/Mihawk, he is only pissing of 10-15% of OP fans and making the rest happy.

So, inflating expectations over this chapter will definitely come back to bite us in the ass.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Ch. 1058 was probably the best chapter Zoro/Mihawk fans had since last year. Mihawk's bounty was a nice surprise. However it looks like some of us are getting over-excited over this little crumb and Jinbei being inserted in between Zoro and Sanji.

No matter how much we try to rationalize the decisions by Oda, he has majorly fucked this fraction more than once. Oda has:
  1. Intentionally brought up and discarded Zoro's lineage plot line.
  2. Made Ryuuma and Luffy parallels
  3. Kept Sanji's bounty really close to Zoro's.
  4. Narratively emphasized Kid and Law over Zoro.
  5. Gave Zoro quite a small bounty.
  6. Unnecessarily used "skills" last chapter, leading to the current nonsensical debate that we are having.
  7. Rarely tried to bring a real swordsman as Zoro's opponent (Daz Bones, King both denied outright being swordsman, only Ohm and Kaku considered themselves swordsmen).
So, if you think suddenly Oda is going to give Zoro/Mihawk fans the hypes and feats we have been waiting for, that is a wishful thinking.

The reality will be:
  1. Shiryu will also deny being a swordsman
  2. Shanks will be given amazing feats and portrayal while Mihawk does nothing
  3. Sanji will somehow remain close to Zoro in bounty and in the opponents they beat till EoS.
Why? Because Oda has no incentive in giving Zoro/Mihawk fraction priority over other fandoms. If Oda broadens the gap between Luffy and Zoro while keeping the gap between Zoro and Sanji the same, then he is:
  1. Keeping Luffy fans happy (the biggest fraction)
  2. Keeping Sanji fans happy (the third biggest fraction; they have given up trying to reach Luffy, they will be satisfied if they remain close to Zoro and fangirls will be making yaoi about them)
  3. Keeping Yonkou fans happy (massive fanbase, they don't want Zoro to ever reach Yonkou levels)
  4. Keeping Shanks fans happy (massive fanbase, they don't want anyone but Luffy reach his level)
  5. Pissing off literally no other fanbases
It is simple math. Zoro/Mihawk hypes/feats will only appease only 10-15% of the OP fans and piss off 40-50% of the OP fans. But if Oda gives Shanks/Luffy/BB hypes/feats at the expense of Zoro/Mihawk, he is only pissing of 10-15% of OP fans and making the rest happy.

So, inflating expectations over this chapter will definitely come back to bite us in the ass.
Don't fuel Zoro agenda because Mihawk got hype.

Mihawk just got what he rightfully deserved for years.

Zoro is a fraud for the Wano arc and how he went thru it. There is nothing saving that.

He is not even half ready for the Mihawk challenge.

โ€Ž

A pessimist is never disappointed. But fr this fandom eats and breathes hyperbole. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see Mihawk for a year. As far as hype, he'll give us another tidbit in a month or so and everyone will lose their minds again. It's how it goes.
I don't want to be pessimistic. But I also don't want to be overly optimistic. Because it is like setting myself up for misery.

โ€Ž
Don't fuel Zoro agenda because Mihawk got hype.

Mihawk just got what he rightfully deserved for years.

Zoro is a fraud for the Wano arc and how he went thru it. There is nothing saving that.

He is not even half ready for the Mihawk challenge.
Mihawk absolutely deserved it. But if you think suddenly Oda is going to make Mihawk an important figure in the story, you are set up for failure.

This is Luffy's story. Zoro's end-goal is not going to get anywhere near the same focus as Shanks, Roger and Xebec.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Mihawk absolutely deserved it. But if you think suddenly Oda is going to make Mihawk an important figure in the story, you are set up for failure.

This is Luffy's story. Zoro's end-goal is not going to get anywhere near the same focus as Shanks, Roger and Xebec.
I know what's Zoro and Mihawk's roles in the story are.

None of my concerns.

I think most people (Zoro fans included) acknowledge that while Mihawk may be stronger than Shanks their importance within the story isnโ€™t comparable

Mihawk exists to lose to Zoro at the end of the story. Hell, he pretty much acknowledged that when he says he prefers a peaceful life

He already accomplished his main goal (becoming the WSS) and his only goal now is to find and fight a swordsman stronger than his rival Red Haired Shanks

Zoro will help him accomplish his only goal probably killing him in the process and that will be the end of his story

Iโ€™m hoping Oda gives him something else to do but Iโ€™m not holding my breath

I don't want to be pessimistic. But I also don't want to be overly optimistic. Because it is like setting myself up for misery.
I actually have some hope for the CG scenes. I think Oda can still write those old characters bc he knows what to do with them. My pessimism is more about Oda's ability to tie all of this together and form a coherent endgame.

โ€Ž
What do u mean

Sanji and Luffy have never been so similar. All its left is CoC coating

Overall i agree, we can't be optimistic about one piece these days
Dude, most Sanji fans here are busy downplaying Mihawk and up-playing Kid/Law. As long as EoS Zoro is close to EoS Sanji, they don't care where Luffy's ceiling goes or if Kid/Law/X/Y/Z surpasses Sanji.

Dude, most Sanji fans here are busy downplaying Mihawk and up-playing Kid/Law. As long as EoS Zoro is close to EoS Sanji, they don't care where Luffy's ceiling goes or if Kid/Law/X/Y/Z surpasses Sanji.
I literally only saw 1 actual Sanji fan downplaying Mihawk here (to the point of making threads about it). Up-playing Kid and Law is fair, even Zoro fans are doing that right now, Oda simply gave them a big accomplishment in this arc

There are a lot of people who act like they support Sanji on something, but they just pretend doing that so they can support certain agendas, like the anti-Zoro agenda, without looking partial (those mostly Younko wankers for example, who don't like Mihawk and the Admirals relevance in the story at all).

And i don't think Kid and Law will be portraited as above EOS Zoro and Sanji combat wise, like they arguably did in this arc. Oda already gave them the biggest W they will ever get in the manga and thats it in my opinion

โ€Ž
I literally only saw 1 actual Sanji fan downplaying Mihawk. Up-playing Kid and Law is fair, even Zoro fans are doing that right now, Oda simply gave a big accomplishment in this arc

There are a lot of people who act like they support Sanji on something, but they just pretend doing that so they can support certain agendas, like the anti-Zoro agenda, without looking partial (mostly Younko wankers for example).

And i don't think Kid and Law will be portraited as above EOS Zoro and Sanji combat wise. Oda already gave them the biggest W they will ever get in the manga and thats it imo
I don't want to tag anybody but BleakAsh, [No Name], KennedyFake, Swallala, Kurwa they all seemed like genuine Sanji fans to me. I am probably missing some too.

And like I said, if Oda gives you Kid/Law>>Zoro~Sanji at EoS, I am almost sure you (as in majority of Sanji fans here, not you specifically) would gladly take it.

I don't want to tag anybody but BleakAsh, [No Name], KennedyFake, Swallala, Kurwa they all seemed like genuine Sanji fans to me. I am probably missing some too.

And like I said, if Oda gives you Kid/Law>>Zoro~Sanji at EoS, I am almost sure you (as in majority of Sanji fans here, not you specifically) would gladly take it.
KennedyFake, Swallala are Zoro haters, not Sanji fans.
BleakAsh is neutral
[No Name], Kurwa, Chrono are Sanji fans who's constantly at war with Zoro fans
Doggo, Bango, gamaran and few others are Sanji fans who's mostly chill with Zoro fans.
MonsterZoro is MonsterZoro