Questions & Mysteries Espada vs Sternritter — Better Antagonists?

H

Haoshoku

If his Hierro was only the hardest in base then he'd of had to be one hell of a fighter to keep his #5 spot with nothing else going for him lmao. I love Nnoitra trying to intimidate Ulquiorra back at the beginning of the Hueco Mundo arc. Man's just all over the place.

Barragan was so underused. Hachi and Soi Fong of all people get to kill him. This does make me wonder what Nelliel's "death" was. Unless deaths are just tied to each Espada's rank, but I kind of doubt it.

We're grabbing every Bleach fan we can before taking over this website lmao.
It had to be, it didnt look like his Hierro took a boost in his released state iirc, I might be wrong. Same with Zommari, he also has the fastest sonido, but its gotta be in base only tbh.

I think the aspects of death are linked with their personality and some of them, their main ability. Nel’s kinda hard to figure out based on that.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
The Espada were way better characters, don't think anyone would argue with that. The problem with the Sternritter was that there was far too many of them that ended up canon fodder, and even those that didn't only really existed to as specifically designed fights to allow the protagonists to develop in a fight. With the Espada we got to learn more of their motivations and their powers didn't seem so... gimmicky.

Zommari was the only crappy Espada that I never cared about, and with the Sternritter it seemed like there was a whole bunch of Zommari's. Hell, even Kubo didn't seem to care about some of them given he didn't even give them all a Schrift or Vollanstandig.

Mask de Masculine was unreally hilarious though

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
I thought at least Haschwalth would leave a lasting impression on the folks but he too was disappointment. Baz B, Lille, Mask de Masculine and Thoumeaux were fine though.
Haschwalth was kind of shafted by the abrupt end of the series. He was probably meant to get a way bigger fight with Uryu that would go into his character more than what we got.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I thought at least Haschwalth would leave a lasting impression on the folks but he too was disappointment. Baz B, Lille, Mask de Masculine and Thoumeaux were fine though.
Askin Nakk le Vaar was the best one for me and the only one I cared about. The other were pretty uninteresting.

For me Quilge Opie has the most beautiful Volstanding and a neat design :

Espadas were more interesting, but the Sternritters felt more threatening.

I only cared about Ulquiorra,Grimmjow,Starrk and Nel in the espadas tho.
Nnoitra was a bit interesting but the others all were meh.

Most of the sternritters were boring imo.

Last edited:
Grim ulq and stark >>>>>> sternritters

but overall sternritters >>>>>> espadas

Espadas besides the 3 I mentioned I felt were very weak characters
Sure the vast majority Of the sternritters were bad character wise but at least they had awesome powers
I thought the espadas were lame in character and power

I go with the Sternritter here. While the Espadas were cool, especially Starrk, Grimmjow and Ulquiorra, I actually feel the entire battles against them were pretty one-sided except the ones in Fake Karakura Town, perhaps (and those only not because the captains couldn't use their Bankais properly due to collateral damage). The Sternritter felt like real threats compared to them and were even threats for the Espadas themselves. They also killed some major characters.

The espada
Both are pretty shitty but there is 3 times more sternritter so that's 3x shit
And also there is some memorable villain like Ulq and Grimmjow in the espada
Stark and Baragan are also aight
But i can't remeber more than 5 or 6 names from the sternritters because of how bland and uninteresting they were

I go with the Sternritter here. While the Espadas were cool, especially Starrk, Grimmjow and Ulquiorra, I actually feel the entire battles against them were pretty one-sided except the ones in Fake Karakura Town, perhaps (and those only not because the captains couldn't use their Bankais properly due to collateral damage). The Sternritter felt like real threats compared to them and were even threats for the Espadas themselves. They also killed some major characters.
That's more because it was basically the end than anything else.

Kubo wasn't going to kill characters in Hueco Mundo :catsweat:

Overall I believe the Espada were more interesting, I don't know if it's because they came slightly before the plot totally spiraled to doom or... But I definitely enjoyed their fights and getting more knowledge on their backstories.

In contrast not many Sternritter were interesting? I've forgotten most of them, hoping the anime will refresh my memory.