Fanclub Eustass "Captain" Kid FC

I really like Kid’s backstory. I wish Oda would have dedicated some panels towards it. Killer’s Smile plot line could have been a good spot for their flashback.

I also like how Kid has the ability to unite others. I wonder what type of woman Victoria was? I am glad Kid had something, but I am bitter that Oda had to devote so many panels of the scabbards.

G

Gorosei Informer

I really like Kid’s backstory. I wish Oda would have dedicated some panels towards it. Killer’s Smile plot line could have been a good spot for their flashback.

I also like how Kid has the ability to unite others. I wonder what type of woman Victoria was? I am glad Kid had something, but I am bitter that Oda had to devote so many panels of the scabbards.
Aye absolutely! With that Killer reveal, I was really hoping we'd get their backstory then or at least during the Hawkins and Big Mom fights, but alas...We didnt even see anything from Kidd raiding WCI and just heard about it lol. I mean Oda told us recently he forced a Sweet General to give him a Poneglyph rubbing too?! Thats so badass!

I do like how Hawkins also described how relentless Kidd and Killer were vs Kaido too or so? Unrelenting as exactly they are and should be?

Aye, Kidd does a magnificent job of recruiting others too, I can see him being like Whitebeard, Big Mom, Shiki, Don Krieg even with a massive fleet and even rocking up to Luffy with said massive fleet like Shiki did at the Edd War to Roger, but given Shiki got struck by massive "bad luck" and William Kidd is known for being extremely unlucky or so and thus its reflected onto Kidds writing too in OP, I fear something similar would happen to Kidd if he rocked up to Luffy like that too lol. I can see Kidd being just like Shiki though, an absolute madman who waged war on Marineford alone and caused half of it to be destroyed as he fought Garp and Sengoku!

:kidsmile::fransuper::steef::myman::finally:

Kidd having a crew of 30 named people (and thus executives, commanders and whatever) or so is incredible and so massively understated too, thats even more than Whitebeard and anybody else maybe except Big Mom?

Victoria was the girl who beat up Kidd and Killer for laughing at her spilling Udon on herself and how ironically that has aged now with Killer being stuck to laugh permanently and the whole Udon incident at Wano and such...

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Victoria_Shiruton_Doruyanaika

I would like to know more about her, it fucking sucks she was murdered, it would have made such a great story to see and added so much more for Kidd and Killer onscreen/panel especially in the anime too. Maybe we might still see it in future hopefully, vs Shanks or something somehow?

:perocry:

Our boys are from South Blue and so are Vasco, Catarina, Sengoku, Aokiji, Bonney, Lindbergh, Inazuma, Franky, Saul, Gangster Galdino/Mr 3, Lucky Roux etc, so I wonder if this could end up having some potential interactions and thus storylines for Kidd and co?

Kidd and Franky MUST happen, Lindberg is an inventor/tinkerer too so some potential maybe somehow, I'd love to see some signfiicant Marine interactions with Kidd, he needs to face an Admiral and Kuzan would be perfect as hes with BB now too as well. If I could get Kidd fucking up an Admiral regardless, I would LOVE that too! Especially Green Bull too! Corna Dio vs Green Bull!?

:willsmith::hihihi::fujilaugh::usosmug:

Beneath his rough, tough exterior, the cold metal surface, Kidd is so very human despite his love of robots/junk/metal and knows what it feels like to be "scrap" so to speak, but deep down he is so warm hearted, so caring. He reminds me of Mihawk in that regard too and even Zoro, as well as Franky and Senor Pink and I love that! Also Jotaro and Jolyne from Jojo for other examples too (Jojo has quite a few of these type of characters too at least). I really find characters and people like this so endearing, I've known people like this IRL and they are very ride or die, true to themselves and others, not dishonest or manipulative, just earnest/honest and thus blunt, grounded etc. Very much like unbloomed roses. Sharp, prickly thorns on the outside but beautiful, gorgeous on the inside.

:catsure::catpole::catsweat:
Post automatically merged:

Apparently Oda has only named 22 of Kids crew? 9 are still unnamed? I wonder why?

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Kid_Pirates#Crewmates

:choppawhat::hope::quest:

I WISH Rockstar was a Kidd pirate too, I wonder what Kidd thinks of Xebec too, I feel he would look up to Xebec too, maybe he likes Blackbeard too? Kidd had that whole anarchist/chaotic barbarian/marauder vibe ofc? Well he is a pirate ofc but still!

I'm still absolutely furious Kidd was SNUBBED for Film RED of all things! Shanks centric, Red-themed AND its freaking based around MUSIC! Oda WHY!?

:risitameh::whitepress::beckmoji::kidwat::kaidowhat::lawsigh::mrgo::sanjimeh::kuzanope::crocusuh::odenugh::parkcry:kingufy

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye absolutely! With that Killer reveal, I was really hoping we'd get their backstory then or at least during the Hawkins and Big Mom fights, but alas...We didnt even see anything from Kidd raiding WCI and just heard about it lol. I mean Oda told us recently he forced a Sweet General to give him a Poneglyph rubbing too?! Thats so badass!

I do like how Hawkins also described how relentless Kidd and Killer were vs Kaido too or so? Unrelenting as exactly they are and should be?

Aye, Kidd does a magnificent job of recruiting others too, I can see him being like Whitebeard, Big Mom, Shiki, Don Krieg even with a massive fleet and even rocking up to Luffy with said massive fleet like Shiki did at the Edd War to Roger, but given Shiki got struck by massive "bad luck" and William Kidd is known for being extremely unlucky or so and thus its reflected onto Kidds writing too in OP, I fear something similar would happen to Kidd if he rocked up to Luffy like that too lol. I can see Kidd being just like Shiki though, an absolute madman who waged war on Marineford alone and caused half of it to be destroyed as he fought Garp and Sengoku!

:kidsmile::fransuper::steef::myman::finally:

Kidd having a crew of 30 named people (and thus executives, commanders and whatever) or so is incredible and so massively understated too, thats even more than Whitebeard and anybody else maybe except Big Mom?

Victoria was the girl who beat up Kidd and Killer for laughing at her spilling Udon on herself and how ironically that has aged now with Killer being stuck to laugh permanently and the whole Udon incident at Wano and such...

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Victoria_Shiruton_Doruyanaika

I would like to know more about her, it fucking sucks she was murdered, it would have made such a great story to see and added so much more for Kidd and Killer onscreen/panel especially in the anime too. Maybe we might still see it in future hopefully, vs Shanks or something somehow?

:perocry:

Our boys are from South Blue and so are Vasco, Catarina, Sengoku, Aokiji, Bonney, Lindbergh, Inazuma, Franky, Saul, Gangster Galdino/Mr 3, Lucky Roux etc, so I wonder if this could end up having some potential interactions and thus storylines for Kidd and co?

Kidd and Franky MUST happen, Lindberg is an inventor/tinkerer too so some potential maybe somehow, I'd love to see some signfiicant Marine interactions with Kidd, he needs to face an Admiral and Kuzan would be perfect as hes with BB now too as well. If I could get Kidd fucking up an Admiral regardless, I would LOVE that too! Especially Green Bull too! Corna Dio vs Green Bull!?

:willsmith::hihihi::fujilaugh::usosmug:

Beneath his rough, tough exterior, the cold metal surface, Kidd is so very human despite his love of robots/junk/metal and knows what it feels like to be "scrap" so to speak, but deep down he is so warm hearted, so caring. He reminds me of Mihawk in that regard too and even Zoro, as well as Franky and Senor Pink and I love that! Also Jotaro and Jolyne from Jojo for other examples too (Jojo has quite a few of these type of characters too at least). I really find characters and people like this so endearing, I've known people like this IRL and they are very ride or die, true to themselves and others, not dishonest or manipulative, just earnest/honest and thus blunt, grounded etc. Very much like unbloomed roses. Sharp, prickly thorns on the outside but beautiful, gorgeous on the inside.

:catsure::catpole::catsweat:

Apparently Oda has only named 22 of Kids crew? 9 are still unnamed? I wonder why?

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Kid_Pirates#Crewmates

:choppawhat::hope::quest:
I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on Kid! I wish I had something more eloquent to say, but I just agree with you. Kid had a lot of wasted potential. I also tend to gravitate towards characters who don’t have complicated backstories. Sometimes less is more.

G

Gorosei Informer

I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on Kid! I wish I had something more eloquent to say, but I just agree with you. Kid had a lot of wasted potential. I also tend to gravitate towards characters who don’t have complicated backstories. Sometimes less is more.
Tyvm! That means a lot! Dont worry about it, just having people read and enjoy my posts regardless, makes me happy enough alone! Agreeing with them also helps too ofc LOL!

Yeah, simplicity can be pretty great when done right, maybe thats why Oda has held off with Zoro and maybe even Kaido too? Big Mom and especially Doffy and Law had such extremely dark, full on and thus despair ridden backstories, that it got overwhelming for me at least and Doffys and Laws was quite complex too? A LOT of big players involved, so many significant moments, massive characterisation, tragedy and such...
Less is more sometimes indeed! Kidd having such a straightforward but still hard hitting or straight to the punch type backstory does work well for him to be fair. I would love to see him interact with his crew and see why they follow and joined him, why Killer is so loyal to him too and such, but maybe we'll find out in the manga later hopefully! Or at least a novel or something if we're lucky?

:cheers::myman::finally::amazing:

Kidd reminds me of so many things that inspired me growing up, things I really enjoyed, loved and just hyped me up, enthralled me.

I mean this applies to Franky and Vegapunk now too ofc BUT this fits so well for Kidd too imo!:

Coop the MC and the show have similar energy to Kidd and Franky for me and its that very much pro masculinity, geek/nerd, boys toys, 80s blockbuster/action culture that inspires Kidd and Franky a lot too.

I honestly could see Kidd and his crew headbanging to this song tbh lol. They would hold the biggest, most baddest, loudest, craziest concerts ever, the most crazy, most chaotic like no other! True metalheads and punk rockers! Anarchists flipping massive middle fingers to authority/the system/government/"the man"!

(Loud volume warning)

Honestly Gaige and Jinx, two of my most favourite and beloved characters ever, strongly remind me of Kidd and his crew, that completely wild child, rebellious, unapologetic, take no prisoners chaotic/anarchistic attitude, its so inspiring, fun, iconic and memorable! Characters like this tend to be be so troubled but mean well and travel the cursed road to hell, paved with their good intentions as that saying goes. Or even as Jinx herself says, "I have the best intentions!"

You could also definitely see influences of the Joker and Harley Quinn on his crew and I WISH Ulti and Page One would have joined him, as her CHAOTIC, AGGRESSIVE, bull-headed energy compliments Kidd so well and given him that feisty female counterpart he needs on his crew! The chemistry would be too good! I actually think with how much of an outright tomboy Yamato is, a Yamatomboy even, she would be perfect for the crew too! Shes brash, unapologetic, brave, badass etc like Oden himself and she is an outcast/misfit, troublesome, delinquent type character like Oden himself again and also Kidd and his crew ofc! The lovable, earnest misfits who deserve so much better! The greatest underdogs! The most determined, hardest working, underrated, resilient, ass kicking, bad mother truckers!

I really cannot wait until the day all the shameless Kidd slanderers and haters are forced to eat the most deep filled, humblest of pies, to chew on their ignorance and ironically face karmic humiliation for their own unjustified downplay/hate of and towards Kidd and co.

I also really cannot wait to see the full Kidd and Law vs Big Mom fight get animated, its gonna be GREAT and I HOPE Oda will give Kidd the same shine post Wano as he's doing to Law right now too! Hopefully vs Shanks and co too!

I keep writing essays here man, lmfao!

:Dr.Killer::arnoling::crazwhat::fransuper::kobeha::finally:

Also one more thing before I forget, I really feel Linkin Park SUIT Kidd so fucking much! Law too as well! Perfect band for both of them imo! Zoro too as well even lol.

But yeah, songs like this by them, make me think of Kidd too, I feel it suits his attitude, his mentality so well!:

(I used to be SO OBSESSED on this song and video too!)

:steef::steef::steef::fujilaugh::kidsmile:

Me right now lmfao:

Honestly just to think of it, I could name some other epic bands and artists who would be fitting too! System of A Down, Cradle of Filth, Rammstein, Marily Manson etc....The amount of songs I could post in tribute to Kidd and co!

G

Gorosei Informer

I'm kind of bored with the egghead arc I rather see what kid or law are doing which is funny because it hasn't been that since we got to the arc. The only thing keeping the arc alive is the cipher pol somewhat causing a scene.
On that note its really bothering me that Oda will give Law more screentime immediately post Wano but nothing for Kidd who has been starving for screentime post TS? Even his backstory was just a note by Oda in the latest SBS or w/e!

This burned mark/man marked by flames I fear is definitely Saul and thus the SHs are gonna find out its him but more worringly, Oda is not gonna reveal who it is until the SHs encounter him and especially now so if it is Saul too. If its Saul, then Oda will make the SHs encounter him first on-screen and Kidd will get neglected once again, which drives me crazy lol.

Tbh I'd love it if Kidd ran into Fujitora and we saw how their DFs work against one another, magnetism vs gravity. Plus given their personalities and thus perspectives/attitudes, it would be a really interesting clash of beliefs/ideals too. Also fighting styles as Kidd is a head on charge in all guns blazing, fist fighter like Luffy but Fujitora is a careful, measured, stoic swordsman ofc.

I'm desperate to see a continuation of Law vs BB but I really want Kidd to get some more shine. I feel Barto and Rockstar should have been part of his crew instead and since Oda made Laws crew look really good suddenly out of nowhere, I really hope he does the same for Kidd who even has freaking 30 main members I believe?! Not even all of them named yet!? But a lot of them are named ofc?

I would celebrate so fucking hard if Kidd encountered Shanks and got revenge on him, this time having a proper fight with the main man himself and even winning. Although this would screw up Luffys reunion with Shanks so I don't think it will happen unless Luffy is there too somehow ofc. Kidd won't let Shanks live either especially after what he's done to him too, so that will cause a a massive and inevitably violent rift between him and Luffy too.

I have a feeling Kidd could encounter Cross Guild for some reason I can't figure out yet but I would have loved Oda to make Bullet canon and have Kidd encounter him too, Bullet seems like a future version of Kidd who is a MUCH stronger with similar powers and fighting style.

I feel Law and Kidd should have encounted Blackbeard together or Kidd and his crew are the ones to encounter BB and Law encounters Fujitora instead. Or even Oda sets up the most crazy 3 way type situation with Law and Kidd having to team up vs Fujitora and Blackbeard or will be fighting seperately and thus also vs each other too.

I agree with you about Egghead being boring, it started off very interesting potentially like Wano did but has gotten boring fast like it did too. Oda needs to cut away from it again and show some more outside world stuff again, it really benefits the story immensely especially for us and we can get more Kidd screentime potentially as we damn well should!

I know I keep bringing it up but I can't believe we had a completely music themed film and no Kidd involvement at all...it even went into rock music for some songs! Metal vibes even potentially, like goth/metal music videos? I'm thinking of Tot Musica here specifically especially the music video for it lol.

I didn't think of this before but I saw someone say recently, Oda neglects Kidd because its too much effort/too hard to draw his fighting style with all the tons of detailed junk metal but this is the same Oda who insisted on drawing the Wano capital in immense detail twice all by himself AFAIK and even made Momo in an actual full clone of Kaidos DF now so he has to draw 2 giant detailed dragons now during Wano!

It just feels like Oda is trolling us with Kidd or something. Law is a D but not Kidd who is based on William Kidd specifically? Plus Kidd having quite a D mentality himself? Also no confirmed showcase of CoC onscreen despite being confirmed to have it and having the mentality for it too easily?

Sorry I'm ranting so much, I'm just getting increasing fed up and tired of Oda's negligence of Kidd.

This is so freaking dope/badass! Love it so much! Drip WAY too strong! This suits him way too much and makes me think of certain characters from certain other series too.

That bull necklace is a wonderful touch too! Kidd the Bull Demon King himself!

On that note its really bothering me that Oda will give Law more screentime immediately post Wano but nothing for Kidd who has been starving for screentime post TS? Even his backstory was just a note by Oda in the latest SBS or w/e!
I'm not too hung up on that. The reason law had more free time because he was align with the strawhat crew. Kid has his own adventure separate from Luffy's crew. Also a kid backstory in the middle of the wano arc would be so random since it doesn't corelate anywhere in the story so it's not so important. See law and his backstory connects during the dressrosa mainly due to doflamingo.

G

Gorosei Informer

I'm not too hung up on that. The reason law had more free time because he was align with the strawhat crew. Kid has his own adventure separate from Luffy's crew. Also a kid backstory in the middle of the wano arc would be so random since it doesn't corelate anywhere in the story so it's not so important. See law and his backstory connects during the dressrosa mainly due to doflamingo.
Thats fair. I was hoping for a Kidd backstory either coming up in the Big Mom fight or especially when he reunited with Killer at Udon. But I guess you're right about the lack of correlation there. I expected we might get his backstory if he faced Shanks again but idk, I just really wanted to see it like we got with Law and how interesting, long, detailed, complex etc Laws backstory was too.

Thats fair. I was hoping for a Kidd backstory either coming up in the Big Mom fight or especially when he reunited with Killer at Udon.
Again it wouldn't connect anywhere. Yes they are enemies but they have no past connections what so ever Similar to the law vs doflamingo fight see they have history kid and big mom do not.

Sorry I'm ranting so much, I'm just getting increasing fed up and tired of Oda's negligence of Kidd.
If oda truly neglected kid he would've had him be killed off screen and that would be the end of him.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
the real monster trio is here
:finally:
Talked to Playa or we actually theorized about Kid and power ups. Doesnt it sound quite logical for Kid to build something like a big robot (Pacific Rim-Like) to fight giants on Elbaf?
And following that, he could, as next upgrade, reduce the massiveness of this robots/suits to something similar to iron man/hulk buster. And in endgame, he could create these suits for his crewmates too on the battlefield.

G

Gorosei Informer

Talked to Playa or we actually theorized about Kid and power ups. Doesnt it sound quite logical for Kid to build something like a big robot (Pacific Rim-Like) to fight giants on Elbaf?
And following that, he could, as next upgrade, reduce the massiveness of this robots/suits to something similar to iron man/hulk buster. And in endgame, he could create these suits for his crewmates too on the battlefield.
Kidds theme for Elbaf (featuring Franky and Vegapunk, specifically Lilith especially):

Since Vegapunk is coming to Elbaf too, I really hope we learn why Kidd uses punk name in his attacks, apart from the obvious punk culture and music references ofc!

It's Kidds time to shine finally! His spotlight now!