Character Discussion Eustass Kid is the tankiest character in Wano!

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Hey Guys!

I know a lot of people underestimate Eustass Kid here in our forum.

But I need to make a clear statement for now and will explain it also:

Eustass Kid is the character with the strongest defense and the biggest durability!

The first people will get some gaspring already, but hear me out.

First, let us go through the raid in the view and experience of Eustass Kid. It all began with a small clash with Apoo. This has nearly 0 impact in the long run, but should be mentioned stamina-wise (beside a lot of fodder).

His first main event is, like of the most characters, the roof scene, where they all clash with Big Mum and Kaido. Like all others too, he ate some attacks, also Linlins fire attack into the face. All had their little clashes and attacks. Additionally, Zoro impressed with his defending against Hakai for a short amount of time.

Straight after, Kid started his own battle with Linlin, where Law where involved. While Law did his main part in the background, because he is a tactician and that’s his place, which is nothing bad. Kid at this place tanked a lot of Big Mums attacks, including fist attacks straight up into his face, without anything defending him against. An attack which took down Bege in his all-tank-form down instantly! And he just smiled.

Followed was this by Big Mums all in attack with Hera, an extremely impressive attack, which straight hit Kid and smashed him into the Skull of Onigashima. But, arriving there, Kid just stood up, cleared his clothes and went straight against Big Mum again.

When he reached her, he fought still, got attacked again a lot, tanked all of it, couldn’t defend since he was hugely nerfed from outside of the fight.

While he was tanking Big Mums straight attacks against him, he also needed to withstand several severe injuries from outside the fight. Hawkins hit his had countless times with strong force against a wall. Damage which went directly to Kid, without him being able to defend from it at all. Additionally, Hawkins cut himself a huge hole in the belly, which got transferred directly to Kid. Still, Kid was fighting Big Mum, tanking her attacks and attacking her.

When Hawkins impact stopped, the injuries stayed. Kid was still able to use awakening, tanking even more, attacking her and could overcome Big Mum pure force, in Bigger Mum form. He fought, for sure together with law, a long time against Bigger Mum, was the main tank/bruiser here, while Law took his position with tactics and lethal pointy attacks.

Important sidenote: this is not a downplay to Law! Its Laws position and Laws way of fighting, which is pretty impressive too!

Additional:

The only character in Wano which more or less the damage Kid received is Luffy. But even Luffy didn’t got these lethal attacks on his skull and his stomach like Kid received. Next close one to the tanking part would be Zoro with getting hit by Hakai, but that was one big hit from not all out Big Mum (not Bigger Mum!) and Kaido. Both showed way more passion and force later on.

But even if we want to compare those to Kid, there is one very important part of information:

Both of them got very important breaks and healing situations.

Luffy was out of the game once and then got a fullton of Meat, which kinda works like magic beans for him as we know. He had a break of a longer time, could eat and recover. He also was dead for a short amount of time and then got his magic awakening, which kinda reset his damage(?). So he got more or less 2 healing situations, while, in my opinion, even tanked less damage than Kid did.

Zoro on the other hand, broke a lot of bones and got some magic medicine by the minks, which put him on the feet instantly. While he is receiving even more damage later on, he got his recovery straight on to fight more. He had a break, where he was carried around onigashima, got his medicine and fainted straight after the fight. While this fainting could be connected to the medicine and doesn’t need to be a antifeat itself, he still got his recovery and his magic medicine.

Kid on the other hand, had no break since start of the raid, he had several fights, he tanked extremely, got not the slightest medicine, no food, no rest. Still, he didn’t faint at the end. Big Mum was done, he still walked his way, commented the situations and is awake. While Luffy and Zoro have their fainting sleep. Which is well deserved, but Kid has none of it.

Conclusion:

While Kid is may lacking lethality, also tactics and variety at some point, he is the strongest tank and the most durabale character in Wano right now!

In my opinion, all three captains have their specialities. While Luffy is the hard hitting Bruiser, which is tanky too, but lacks durability (fainted more times, needed food-break), Law is the tactician with lethal attacks, which is lacking tanking abilities and physical force. Kid as third one is THE Tank. Which impresses due his defense and his durability, but lacks lethality and tactics. All three of them are part of the Triforce, while Luffy is undoubtly the biggest star of it.

What do you think? I know a lot of will disagree, but I needed to put this in here.

(Later I will add some pictures to the most points, but right now, I am on mobile, maybe you could link me suitable ones. :D)

Gz

Panth

Surely interested mentions: @Tyki_Mikk , @rerere , @Lukegranders , @ReggieZoldyck21

Last edited:
Luffy fainted several times with less damage and got a big break with alot of food inbetween.
Kaido "fainted" from 4 scabbards, what does that mean? He's not tanky anymore?

And Sanji... i hope you dont want to compare Black Marias fist hits with Kaido and Bigger Mum attacks?
Sanji was tanking hybrid Black Maria without defending himself with haki (because he didn't wanna hurt her) and before he got exoskeleton.

Remember, people in one piece without haki are as durable as regular humans, just like Shanks lost his arm to fodder sea king or WB getting hurt by bullets.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Kaido "fainted" from 4 scabbards, what does that mean? He's not tanky anymore?

Sanji was tanking hybrid Black Maria without defending himself with haki (because he didn't wanna hurt her) and before he got exoskeleton.

Remember, people in one piece without haki are as durable as regular humans, just like Shanks lost his arm to fodder sea king or WB getting hurt by bullets.
Kaido was up one second later. Not really a "faint".

About Sanji, Kid took Linlins attacks also straight up into his face without defending.

There are huge levels inbetween, except you want to tell me Black Maria is stronger than Linlin.

Hey Guys!

Eustass Kid is the character with the strongest defense and the biggest durability!

First, let us go through the raid in the view and experience of Eustass Kid. It all began with a small clash with Apoo. This has nearly 0 impact in the long run, but should be mentioned stamina-wise (beside a lot of fodder).

His first main event is, like of the most characters, the roof scene, where they all clash with Big Mum and Kaido. Like all others too, he ate some attacks, also Linlins fire attack into the face. All had their little clashes and attacks. Additionally, Zoro impressed with his defending against Hakai for a short amount of time.

Straight after, Kid started his own battle with Linlin, where Law where involved. While Law did his main part in the background, because he is a tactician and that’s his place, which is nothing bad. Kid at this place tanked a lot of Big Mums attacks, including fist attacks straight up into his face, without anything defending him against. An attack which took down Bege in his all-tank-form down instantly! And he just smiled.

Followed was this by Big Mums all in attack with Hera, an extremely impressive attack, which straight hit Kid and smashed him into the Skull of Onigashima. But, arriving there, Kid just stood up, cleared his clothes and went straight against Big Mum again.

When he reached her, he fought still, got attacked again a lot, tanked all of it, couldn’t defend since he was hugely nerfed from outside of the fight.

While he was tanking Big Mums straight attacks against him, he also needed to withstand several severe injuries from outside the fight. Hawkins hit his had countless times with strong force against a wall. Damage which went directly to Kid, without him being able to defend from it at all. Additionally, Hawkins cut himself a huge hole in the belly, which got transferred directly to Kid. Still, Kid was fighting Big Mum, tanking her attacks and attacking her.

When Hawkins impact stopped, the injuries stayed. Kid was still able to use awakening, tanking even more, attacking her and could overcome Big Mum pure force, in Bigger Mum form. He fought, for sure together with law, a long time against Bigger Mum, was the main tank/bruiser here, while Law took his position with tactics and lethal pointy attacks.

Important sidenote: this is not a downplay to Law! Its Laws position and Laws way of fighting, which is pretty impressive too!

Additional:

The only character in Wano which more or less the damage Kid received is Luffy. But even Luffy didn’t got these lethal attacks on his skull and his stomach like Kid received. Next close one to the tanking part would be Zoro with getting hit by Hakai, but that was one big hit from not all out Big Mum (not Bigger Mum!) and Kaido. Both showed way more passion and force later on.

But even if we want to compare those to Kid, there is one very important part of information:

Luffy was out of the game once and then got a fullton of Meat, which kinda works like magic beans for him as we know. He had a break of a longer time, could eat and recover. He also was dead for a short amount of time and then got his magic awakening, which kinda reset his damage(?). So he got more or less 2 healing situations, while, in my opinion, even tanked less damage than Kid did.

Zoro on the other hand, broke a lot of bones and got some magic medicine by the minks, which put him on the feet instantly. While he is receiving even more damage later on, he got his recovery straight on to fight more. He had a break, where he was carried around onigashima, got his medicine and fainted straight after the fight. While this fainting could be connected to the medicine and doesn’t need to be a antifeat itself, he still got his recovery and his magic medicine.

Kid on the other hand, had no break since start of the raid, he had several fights, he tanked extremely, got not the slightest medicine, no food, no rest. Still, he didn’t faint at the end. Big Mum was done, he still walked his way, commented the situations and is awake. While Luffy and Zoro have their fainting sleep. Which is well deserved, but Kid has none of it.

Conclusion:

While Kid is may lacking lethality, also tactics and variety at some point, he is the strongest tank and the most durabale character in Wano right now!

In my opinion, all three captains have their specialities. While Luffy is the hard hitting Bruiser, which is tanky too, but lacks durability (fainted more times, needed food-break), Law is the tactician with lethal attacks, which is lacking tanking abilities and physical force. Kid as third one is THE Tank. Which impresses due his defense and his durability, but lacks lethality and tactics. All three of them are part of the Triforce, while Luffy is undoubtly the biggest star of it.

What do you think? I know a lot of will disagree, but I needed to put this in here.

(Later I will add some pictures to the most points, but right now, I am on mobile, maybe you could link me suitable ones. :D)

Gz

Panth

Surely interested mentions: @Tyki_Mikk , @rerere , @Lukegranders , @ReggieZoldyck21
You are not making a fair comparison. If Kid had received the Hakai he would have been worse off than Zoro. Precisely the Kid himself thanks him.

On the other hand, it is more than clear that Luffy and Zoro have received much more damage and more wear and tear than Law and Kid.

Let's start with Luffy:

- I want you to compare the number of hits received by Luffy and Kid. You will notice that Luffy has received 9-10 times as many hits.
- It's not just the number of hits, but most of the hits Luffy received are with AdCoC which are much more damaging. While Big Mom mysteriously forgot to use the AdCoC. In fact, I hardly even use CoA :lusalty:
- Luffy also had a great deal of Haki attrition, while Kid didn't use Haki at all.
- Luffy also got more wear and tear from awakening as he used it continuously and for a longer time than Kid who used it punctually.

Luffy's wear from damage received, Haki consumption, and energy consumption was much higher than Kid's.

Now let's focus on Zoro:

- Without a doubt, Zoro was the one who received the most damage on the roof. The Hakai is the most powerful attack in One Piece and except for Shiro, Kaido and Big Mom I don't think anyone would have done it better. Much less Kid.
- Not only that, but before being sent down Zoro and Law received an AdCoC attack from Kaido.
- During the battle against King, Zoro also had a high consumption of Haki. Something that again Kid did not have.
- Lastly, Zoro receives the rebound from the Mink medicine. What basically are two Hakais.

It seems that some do not realize that Zoro basically received 3 Hakais, or what is the same, 3 of the most powerful attacks in One Piece.

For me, without a doubt, Zoro has proven to be the most resistant character, only behind Shiro, Kaido and Mom. Which has also been made clear by Oda throughout more than 1000 chapters.

In fact even Law I don't think he is far from Kid in resistance.

Last edited:
Hey Guys!

Additional:

Conclusion:

Gz

Panth

Yep,people are hating on Kidd jsut because Oda didn't reveal his COC yet.I'm sure we will see Kidd x Luffy in the future.
Post automatically merged:

Luffy (with haki) and Sanji are way tankier
LOL Sanji had his body bent in half by Queen.BM would murder him.