Future Events Eustass Kidd Will Return And Will Fight Luffy At Elbaf

Music for the post:

*Shoutout to pantheos and the others, that have made posts on this recently.

THE RETURN OF EUSTASS KIDD

As I've stated countless times on this forum. Eustass Kidd will return at Elbaf. As with many of us chapter 1079 came as a shock to everyone, even to the Eustass kidd haters...However, Iater on, I started to realize Oda was cooking something else for Eustass Kid.

ACOC

We have this statement from Kaido at the beginning of Wano:

After reading through the entirety of Wano, it is strange that Eustass Kidd never used any conquerors haki during the battle. Interestingly in this moment Luffy was oneshot from thunder bagua ( an attack with acoc). Does this sound familiar?

In 1079 Kidd was hit point blank by an acoc attack from Shanks...divine departure..

Later on, Luffy eventually learns how to properly use acoc and ends up defeating Kaido using it in conjunction with g5.

The reason I'm mentioning this is because Eustass has followed a very similiar tragectory. Eustass has already awakened his fruit. There is one avenue left for him to get a powerup and that is acoc. Ancient weapons could be another route, however, thats a conversation for a different day.

Elbaf would be the perfect place for Kidd to unlock acoc or learn from some sort of Haki master.

WILL

One reason I've seen people arguing about Kidd coming back is his will. There are some people that believe that Shanks will have broken him completely. If you've read the story up to this point, you would understand he has the strongest will next to luffy in his generation.

Listen to hawkins statement here:

In the manga, he stats Kaido intentionally tries to break the will of those who have a strong disposition.

Hawkins goes further to state, that Kidd will die. Basically insinuating that he will is too strong to submit to Kaido and he'll die because of it.

Obviously, now that we've finished Wano, we know Kaido wasn't able to break Kidd's will. If anything it just reinvigorated him to save his crew and comeback to fight kaido/big mom.

The same will happen to Kidd at elbaf. That's why he one of the few conqueror users in the story.

Vegapunk

Interestingly Kidd has pretty much always used the word punk in most of his attacks. Its possible, it could just be a call to his crew's theme, however, I believe its very possible that it is something much more than that.

We know Kidd's fruit and when you think of egghead and vegapunk, it makes you realize Kidd would fit perfectly there with the mechs, vegapunks goals etc...

I'll present these images first:

Obviously, the interesting thing here is the number. From what I can recall this isn't the only time Kidd has had numbers of some of his mechs, however, I do believe the circumstances here are more meaningful. This was the attack that was used to take down big mom.

Now with the timing of when/how the satellites were created, the theory doesn't seem too clear...

Although one other thing that seems much more intriguing is this picture:

If you look at the sea beast third from the right(not the dog), it seems to directly resemble captain Eustass Kidd. Even in the anime, the color directly correlates with Eustass Kidd. The rest of the seabeasts can be directly connected to the other satellites. To me, this almosts seems like a direct giveaway.

I'd comment more on the vegapunk theory however, I feel we just don't know enough at this moment to comment more on this.

I will say I believe vegapunk will be brought up when Kidd/Luffy interact at Elbaf.

*Another interesting point to add to this, is that before we see Kidd in the story without his left arm, we never see his left arm uncovered. Is it possible, that the satellite numbering was on his on his left arm? - There are more theories about this on youtube.

THE BURNED MAN
Kidd was the first character to bring up the burned man in the manga. And from what he said, this person may play a huge role in finding the one piece. We've also heard blackbeard's crew mention this person. Its very likely this person will end up appearing sometime soon, probably on Elbaf.

The fact Oda had kid mention the burned man first, means quite a bit. I suspect he'll be the first person to meet that person.

I won't get into this for now, but there are numerous theories about who that person may be....Dragon, Loki, Gaban, Davy Jones, etc...

THE BATTLE OF LUFFY (JOYBOY) VS CAPTAIN KIDD

SHANKS
You may be wondering, why am I starting with Shanks under this section? That is because Shanks will be the catalyst for the fight between Luffy/Kidd.

Shanks, was the one who attacked Kidd at elbaf, which result in his crew being destroyed, their ship being destroyed and kidd's and killer's current circumstances unknown. The very same giants the also played a role in his ship being destroyed and his crew being destroyed, are now teaming with luffy's crew at egghwead.

Since we've been introduced Kidd, hes always seemed focused on going after Shanks. Its very clear theres a big reason why Kidd wants to go after Shanks. For now we don't know what that reason may be. This will eventually be revealed. And interestingly Oda has never allowed the two characters to have any direct dialogue.

As I've said I believe their is some history between Shanks/Kidd. We know at some point, when Kidd was young, the girl he loved was killed because of gang violence. There are theories that Shanks had connections to the underworld. It's very possible he could have been involved with those gangs that caused Victoria's death. This is one possible reason, And also, if you compare the two characters...there are far too many similarities for it not to mean anything. Both have red hair, both have a scar on their left eye, both are missing their left arms.

Interestingly in chapter 1079, shanks also mentioned Kidd was from the South Blue, why would Shanks mention that and does that have any relevance to his own past?
*To add onto this, I do believe Kidd will again end up fighting shanks. I don't believe BB will be the one that will take out Shanks. It will be Eustass Kidd.

We know when Kidd returns he will going for Shanks/Giants.

We know Kidd and Luffy view Shanks very differently, one sees him as an idol and the other one sees him as someone to tear down from his position.

Luffy:

From the very first chapter of one piece, we're introduced to Shanks. And you begin to realize Shanks is literally Luffy's savior, mentor and inspiration for his journey. A very important character in Luffy's life. The way he treats Shanks's hat says more than enough. In Luffy's eyes, Shanks is an idol that he admires and strives to surpass.

Kidd:

We know Kidd had a very different childhood compared to Luffy. Its abundantly clear that Kidd views Shanks very differently in comparison to how luffy does. Kidd views shanks as an enemy, as someone who he needs to tear down, while luffy views him as an idol and someone to surpass. I also have suspicions that Shanks has direct connections to the WG, and we know that is something Kidd has no respect for.

Now you might be asking wtf does shanks have to do with a fight between Luffy/Kidd. Shanks will be the catalyst for this fight.

At some point Luffy will learn about the incident that occurred with Kidd and Shanks. Either from the giants or at some point on elbaf/egghead. At some-point during elbaf, Kidd will learn about Luffy's relationship with Shanks. This will probably infuriate Kidd. I honestly would not be surprised if Kidd ends up attacking first.

LUFFY
I've explained most of it above. Their differing view of Shanks will cause them to fight. They both have undying wills. Neither one will back down from a fight..especially if its in relation to Shanks.

And interestingly, Oda gave us some more info recently:

We now see demaro black and his crew now cosplaying the kid pirates. He even goes further to make comments directly comparing Captain Kidd to Joyboy. I believe this is Oda alluding to future events. This whole scene/dialogue seems pretty unnecessary for Oda to add if he has no plans related to them.

I am willing to 100% bet that Kidd will fight luffy at Elbaf.

The Community Reaction

How will the community react? Lets go back to Wano during the Big Mom/Kaido fight. We saw the meltdown on this very forum. People believing the raid would fail, Kidd/Law wouldn't be able to take out big mom etc...

Then we go to chapter 1076..With the way that chapter ended all sorts of theories were being thrown around..

And now after the recent chapter receiving the news about demaro black...there were even more people shocked at the possibility of Kid returning.

I believe if he returns, it will probably illicit one of the biggest reactions from the one piece community ever. He is by far the most "hated" character in the community. Especially what it would mean for certain agendas. Right now most of the one piece community would rate Kidd below Sanji, Zoro, Yamato etc....I won't get into it now, but Zoro fans especially, Law fans and Shanks fans are praying that Kidd never returns. Hes the one character in one piece that can probably ruin the most agendas. Every time Kidd has encountered and obstacle or faced failure, hes come back stronger. He will come back once again.

I am willing to take any bets on the possibility of Kidd fighting Luffy at Elbaf and Kidd returning to the story.

#Jikapiece

Eustass Kidd Will Return And Will Fight Luffy Kuzan At Elbaf
He will ally with Blackbeard, while Kuzan will betray them. Ice leg vs metal arm. Luffy is destined to defeat Sakazuki, Kid will stay his rival by defeating someone similar.

Rej

This forum is retarded.
Maybe. I think Kid first has to take out some big shots before he can come near Luffy again.

Maybe they will fight on Laugh Tale while Shanks and Teach fight it out. Idk.

Again, as I've said time and time before, if Kidd comes back he better get Advanced Haki. He shouldn't be trying to fight Emperors with no Haki feats at all.
If he can get Advanced Haki, then I don't mind theories like this.

F

Foul Legacy

He might come back but not to beat Luffy or even fight him.
That was never in the equation since the very beginning.

People who he can take down in future might be.
- An Admiral
- A gorosei
- A seraphim

No one besides that. Or maybe he will just help in final battle against Imu. I expect it to be another
Team 7 vs Kaguya
Acnologia vs Dragon slayer

Luffy final 1v1 would be BB only , now I don't know if It will be before imu or after imu so don't qoute me on that.

Kid vs Luffy probably will happen tbh

Oda uses Kid as a hype tool. First for Kaido, then for Shanks. Honestly why shouldn’t Luffy fight him?

If I were to guess how it would go, probably like Zoro vs Killer. Although I think Oda might be nice enough to give Kid the ability to split the sky when it happens, just so Oda can do the whole rivals shit.

But I don’t think it will happen on elbaf. Kid got a monumental L in egghead, so Oda needs to actually hype him up again before giving him another L. Otherwise he won’t be a useful hype tool as the fans will just perceive him as weak.

Im guessing it probably happens after Luffy becomes Pirate King. Oda will establish Kid as a yonko sometime post elbaf and having Luffy mid diff him post Laugh Tale will serve to hype up Luffy as a pirate far beyond the level of the yonkos. Basically Imu’s greatest rival since Joyboy.

Also, after Luffy beats Kid, he can tell him about the true history of the world, allowing Oda to tie Kid into the final war.
Post automatically merged:

Again, as I've said time and time before, if Kidd comes back he better get Advanced Haki. He shouldn't be trying to fight Emperors with no Haki feats at all.
If he can get Advanced Haki, then I don't mind theories like this.
I think he’ll probably use ACoA to stomp lucky roo in elbaf.
  • #3 characters always tend to get hype tooled by Oda(see: Sanji, Queen, Smoothie)
  • ACoA + magnet awakening is probably enough for Kid to be worthy of a 3 billion berry bounty, which he should be by elbaf.
  • Lucky Roo looks like he will have very high defense due to being a fatty, would be the perfect opportunity to showcase Kid getting a CoA buff

Last edited:
Kidd was never Luffy's equal or rival.
He's his rival

Saying otherwise is a lie
He was still above Luffy pre FS

Anyway,

Kid is coming back and will fight Shanks once again
This time we will learn why he has always targeted Shanks. He will do good but then loses high diff or mid diff

He will then fight Luffy for PK title at roadster
In fact, Luffy might end up bringing kid and law with him to laugh tale

He's his rival

Saying otherwise is a lie
He was still above Luffy pre FS

Anyway,

Kid is coming back and will fight Shanks once again
This time we will learn why he has always targeted Shanks. He will do good but then loses high diff or mid diff

He will then fight Luffy for PK title at roadster
In fact, Luffy might end up bringing kid and law with him to laugh tale
Yeah like Sega Saturn was rival to the first PlayStation.

Anyway it's been made clear since Dressrosa that all of the Supernovas were left behind in the dust while Luffy got the royal, even divine, treatment.

That the Supernovas are true competitors and rivals to Luffy is as real as what we see in any other commercial.

Last edited:
If kidd comes back he's coming back as a ally in the last war or as a minor villain to be converted to ally. Kidd is no match at all for luffy and the shs. Luffys and his crew are already much stronger kidd and his and they will grow more than kidd's crew. Even if he gains better haki and improve all around everything he has will still be weaker than luffy because luffy and co are growing more and started stronger than kidd and co. There's already a huge head start begin with. Eos kidd or right before eos kidd is at most a low top tier even with the best hype and killer might be right behind him making them a good duo. But no one else in the crew will be that strong and those 2 are going down to luffy and zoro around high diff even in a perfect scenario for kidd. Kidd just doesn't have enough time or resources to catch up to luffy.

Pretty much pointless now that we know more about him, his crew & their powel level. Much anticipated fight I looked forward to ever since their introduction but Luffy & SH are way stronger now. Could see them return towards the end and fight alongside the main cast against the WG & Navy