Speculations Fate/Purpose of the Cross Guild?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I'd like to hear speculations about the Cross Guild:
  1. What role/purpose will they play going forward?
  2. What are their proximate next steps?
  3. What's their overall significance in the story?
  4. What will be their final fate?

The only information we have on them now:
  • They are (currently) composed of 3 former Shichibukai
    • They were formed by Crocodile and Mihawk
    • Buggy serves as the figurehead
  • They are considered an Emperor crew
  • They are placing bounties on Marines
  • They are being (financially) supported/sponsored by the criminal underworld
  • Their executives seem to have the highest bounties of the Emperors

(I'll add a poll with potential outcomes for the Cross Guild later.)

Cc: @Garp the Fist, @Gol D. Roger, @Nidai_Kitetsu, @Bogard, @HeroesNZ, @KiriNigiri, @Den_Den_Mushi, @wordy.

1. They are going to take down the World Government and be the final opponents.

2. They are going to take Pluton from Wano:
2a. Buggy will be mistaken as Joyboy by the people
2b. Mihawk will be seen as the next sword god due to his black blade
2c. Crocodile may dry up the ocean inside wano to take Pluton

3. They’ll be the final opponents of the straw hats. And Buggy will become the new king of the world or “God of Pirates” as oda said back in Orange town

4. They’ll lose to the straw hats

I guess Croco obtaining an ancient weapon is very possible. As for Mihawk's role i think Oda wont have him waiting for Zoro to defeat him but he or them as CG will do something big later in the story.

Ngl with 1-2 more good additional members & someone able to read the RP they(Buggy/Croco) could aim even for the One Piece directly.

BB's appearence right now indicates that he might not be the final villain as many people thought and if Oda comes up with something smart he can make them into somekind final antagonists.
Post automatically merged:

That would be dope af.

Still need more info to figure out what exactly what Oda intends to do here. Their goal for now is the WG but this was Crocodile's goal all along ever since Alabasta and him wanting Pluton to have the most Powerful Military in the world. The guild was founded on the idea of Croco and Mihawk not trusting anyone. Going by that fact.

- Crocodile wants the same goal i assume so having Mihawk around him is a deterrent that might help him out sort whatever plan he has to obtain said "Powerful Military".

- Mihawk just wants to be left alone said by him so him being in an organization that will do everything without having him do anything is a win win situation for him since all they get to use is his name to deterr fodders from annoying him. Unless someone Powerful decides to attack then he might step in.

- Buggy... Lets be honest here. Whatever Crocodile plans the one whos going to gain is Buggy and as usual hes going to fall upward. Pirate King Next? Sitting on the Empty Throne?

Going off what we have above i really doubt that they are going to engage in fights with anyone its more like Crocodile will seize the chances once someone goes against the WG. And that is when Mihawk will do nothing.

I still think there is a relation between Im and Mihawk they both possesses the same and eye color too "in manga". They both gives the feeling of "Eternal" Im by being the leader of the world and a Celestial Dragon. Mihawk by his name "Dracule" "Dracula" and if i am not mistaking Dracula is the son of a Dragon?

That is what i have for now...

Last edited:
Still need more info to figure out what exactly what Oda intends to do here. Their goal for now is the WG but this was Crocodile's goal all along ever since Alabasta and him wanting Pluton to have the most Powerful Military in the world. The guild was founded on the idea of Croco and Mihawk not trusting anyone. Going by that fact.

- Crocodile wants the same goal i assume so having Mihawk around him is a deterrent that might help him out sort whatever plan he has to obtain said "Powerful Military".

- Mihawk just wants to be left alone said by him so him being in an organization that will do everything without having him do anything is a win win situation for him since all they get to use is him name to deterr fodders from annoying him. Unless someone Powerful decides to attack then he might step in.

- Buggy... Lets be honest here. Whatever Crocodile plans the one whos going to gain is Buggy and as usual hes going to fall upward. Pirate King Next? Sitting on the Empty Throne?

Going off what we have above i really doubt that they are going to engage in fights with anyone its more like Crocodile will seize the chances once someone goes against the WG. And that is when Mihawk will do nothing.

I still think there is a relation between Im and Mihawk they both possesses the same and eye color too "in manga". They both gives the feeling of "Eternal" Im by being the leader of the world and a Celestial Dragon. Mihawk by his name "Dracule" "Dracula" and if i am not mistaking Dracula is the son of a Dragon?

In my opinion both crocodiles and Mihawks goals align with the idea of taking over the world government. And crocodiles plan in alabasta is the same thing he’s doing now:
1. Create an underground army of powerful agents -
Baroque works -> Cross Guild

2. Convert the common man against his enemy-
In Alabasta he started a civil war, here he is using money to make the comman bounty hunter target marines as well

3. (Likely) Acquire information on the ancient weapons -
In Alabasta he used robins poneglyphs. Wouldn’t be shocked if he’s going to use Caribou this time

I think a clash with the marines is inevitable, prolly an assault led by Fujitora, the future FA, accompanied by rising stars like Smokey/Hina who have to redeem themselves in some way. This leads to the destruction of the guild with Mihawk & Buggy being the sole survivors.
I highly doubt someone as evil as Crocodile will remain free by EoS, same can be said for Buggy's lackeys.

- Mihawk just wants to be left alone said by him so him being in an organization that will do everything without having him do anything is a win win situation for him since all they get to use is him name to deterr fodders from annoying him. Unless someone Powerful decides to attack then he might step in.

I think they will be the biggest pirate organization EoS after the WG is no more and the SHs disband.

Ancient Weapon shenanigans and creating random chaos.

They don't have enough competent crewmembers to be a challenge to the Strawhats since Zoro himself will 1vs1 and defeat their strongest member.

Most likely will not be any serious threat to strawhats
I expect Buggy to get some super boost by becoming the next Imu. Would be a good call back to Buggy’s claims of becoming the god of pirates if luffy becomes king and it’ll go with Aces quite telling luffy that the celestial dragons are the opposite of freedom

Zoro vs Mihawk will likely have really good callbacks to Zoro and Kuina showing his promise to become the greatest swordsman

Sanji vs Crocodile with the Pluton would be a good callback to Zeffs ideals of a man bristling with weapons can be defeated by the spear of grit

As for the rest cross guild has a few interesting possible fights:

Alvida vs Nami
Galdino vs Usopp

I think they will collect the Ancient Weapons and then give them to Luffy after they lose a Davybackfight. The final challenge of that fight will be a duel, each party sends one fighter. Cross Guild sends Mihawk, Strawhats send Zoro. Zoro becomes WSS and Crocodile grudingly hands them the Ancient Weapons. That way, Oda doesn't have to make a Ancient Weapons collecting Arc. Otherwise Luffy has to go back to Fish-Men Island, Wano and wherever Uranus is (he will probably not take that one also when he encounters it).

In my opinion both crocodiles and Mihawks goals align with the idea of taking over the world government. And crocodiles plan in alabasta is the same thing he’s doing now:
1. Create an underground army of powerful agents -
Baroque works -> Cross Guild

2. Convert the common man against his enemy-
In Alabasta he started a civil war, here he is using money to make the comman bounty hunter target marines as well

3. (Likely) Acquire information on the ancient weapons -
In Alabasta he used robins poneglyphs. Wouldn’t be shocked if he’s going to use Caribou this time
In a bigger scale yes i do agree. But i still don't see or feel that Mihawk has the same goal. Why do you think that it is the case? Is it the dialogue between them on the den den mushi hinting at Mihawk's past? or something else. Because other than that i don't see any hint of him wanting to be a Player in whatever is coming.

I think they will be the biggest pirate organization EoS after the WG is no more and the SHs disband.
You think Mihawk will keep being in Cross Guild after the WG is no more? interesting take.

1. They are going to take down the World Government and be the final opponents.

2. They are going to take Pluton from Wano:
2a. Buggy will be mistaken as Joyboy by the people
2b. Mihawk will be seen as the next sword god due to his black blade

3. They’ll be the final opponents of the straw hats. And Buggy will become the new king of the world or “God of Pirates” as oda said back in Orange town

4. They’ll lose to the straw hats
Thank god oda is writing one piece

I think there is a good possibility that they might actually go for Doffy and break him out of ID. Croco is one of the most informed guys, to overthrow the WG he knows the value of information that Doffy can provide, their conversation in MF finally bearing fruit? We also got that Yonkos and powerful pirates would try to assimilate the Warlords. BB already made his move on one Warlord, 2-3 of them formed the CG, Gecko is already with BB (dead or alive), Hancock will most likely ally with Luffy, Kuma is with Revos, Law is with Luffy, Jinbe joined Luffy, that leaves Weevil and Doffy.

Cc: @Garp the Fist, @Gol D. Roger, @Nidai_Kitetsu, @Bogard, @HeroesNZ, @KiriNigiri, @Den_Den_Mushi, @wordy.
What role/purpose will they play going forward?
  • The Marines were already stretched thin. CG is, plot-wise, a reason to keep them that way. They can't focus entirely on Luffy now.
  • CG symbolizes the end game. No more "government dogs" playing along to collect their paychecks. Instead, characters are taking bold actions that expose how they feel about the state of the world. Mihawk, who's been canonically lazy? Croc, who's been in hiding? Buggy, who's been running a halfway-reputable business? All of that is out the door because Luffy has forced the WG to take action.
What are their proximate next steps?
  • Collect a lot of info, some of which will be Croc finding and possibly obtaining Pluton. Other info will be of importance to plot. Buggy and Croc's combined network of contacts will definitely bring some kind of tease info that Oda will hang over our heads for months.
  • Mihawk and Croc will have entire armies under them....maybe.
  • The Marines are going to be reluctant to take on CG all at once. They've already suffered a lot of losses. Why not send the Seraphim to deal with them?
  • I like the idea of recruiting Hancock. Doffy would be neat, too, but for some reason I don't feel like that will happen. Hancock, though...
  • Seize territories that have become lawless due to the fall of BM? Go to Wano? Hook up with the Revolutionaries to sabotage the WG?
What's their overall significance in the story?
  • Represent the fall of normalcy.
  • They will help/hinder the Strawhats as Oda sees fit, and I honestly have no idea how. Right now, CG and the SHs have a common enemy. I don't really see that changing.
  • Morally gray antagonists are fun.
What will be their final fate?
  • Allies! Proud parents who join Jinbe in chanting "Luffy kun, Luffy kun"
  • Battle the Strawhats, I guess? I don't know why though.
  • Definitely gonna see some Admiral v CG battles.
  • As long as Mihawk gets to go back to being a cabbage farmer, I'll be happy

They are the ones that together with the revos will off panel the Marines and the WG, the Strawhats won't fight BB, Shanks, Marines, Gorosei, Cross Guild, etc.
Oda spent 4 years in Wano, he needs more than half of that just to set up the BBP as the antagonists and then he has 1 year to end the story.
Ah and Boa should join the Cross Guild, she has to leave Amazon Lily and joining Luffy is too obvious.