• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
End of Day 2

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Elegy of Etheirys - Interlude

The frozen tundras of Garlemald were ever unforgiving. A place said to be so cold that frostbite set in within minutes of stationing there, only but the most hardy survived its perishing climates. It wasn't much, as capitols went, in fact it was barely anything at all, but having been driven from their ancestral home of Locus Amoenus, it was all they had left. And so they defended it, with iron, snow, and blood.

"That's far enough, savage."

Ever the unwelcoming, the Pilus prior stationed towards the Northern gates leading unto the frozen lands moved to bar entry. Whomever it was, they paid the warning little head.

"Are you mute? I'm ordering you to stop!"

And yet still, they continued.

"In the name of the Emperor, st-"

"Let him through."

The last voice belnged to none other than Vergilia van Corculum. She was flanked by Annia quo Soranus and Julia quo Soranus. Behind them, was Aulus mal Asina and Livia sas Junius. Quite the gathering, and from quite the number of Legions, too. The Legatus of the IIIrd, the guards of the Palace, the Primus medicus of the XIIth, and the Tribunus angusticlavius of the XIVth. Certainly, it was a surprising number for any old stray beast. In fact, such a welcoming committee would typically be reserved a ranking as high of-

"You've been summoned to palace."

Vergilia spoke to the vagrant again.

"Emperor's orders."

The Lynch was cancelled.
It's Night 2. Day 3 will begin in around 24 hours time.

Start of Day 3

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
"It's not what she would have wanted."

A young Ryne stood in the Ronkan trees of Rak'tika, attuning herself to the elements.

"But... for someone like me... she deserves it more..."

Wistfully, she outstretched her hand, and looked out to the night sky above. It was a night won with blood, the blood of a fallen ally.

"I call... upon the power of Shiva..."

A crystal of frost glazed, and slowly made its way to the heavens. There, it shattered, reflecting the primal Saint Shiva.

"No!"

A man, coiled by a red snake, lept from his hiding point, attempting to stop the summoning. To Ryne, he was her jailer. The one who kept her freedom from her, that she may only ever bear the title Minfilia.

"I'm the only one fit to protect you! These curs you've been with... you still need me!"

He slithered and stalked the forests, closing in on his prey. Once caught, she will know naught but the gaols of Eulmore, like all other Oracles before her.

"The game is up!"

Certain of his victory, he left but one opening. A slight, ever so slight, chink in his indomitable armour. But it was enough.

"Now I've got you!"

That last voice belonged to Ryne. Parrying her foe's blunt strike with a shiv, she unleased an aetheric blade of pure ice, and drove it through the Fatewalker's heart. He returned to dust, and would never haunt her dreams again.

She refocused on her surroundings. She listened to the cries of the insects, as they sung their chorus of the end. The hoots of the owls, heralding the break of the dawn. And she prayed.

"With this... she can..."

Ryne left this plane as stardust, returning to the lifestream, before a cluster reformed further below, at ground level. The spectacle had caught the attention of the Night's Blessed nearby, who rushed towards the confluence.

As the light began to fade, the form of a person was made bare. It was one they knew all too well.

"M... Master Matoya! It's really you!"

Y'shtola Rhul seemed unsure of her surroundings, but she knew the sacrifice "she" had just made. Through gritted teeth, she cursed.

"That stupid little girl...!"

Ryne Waters (Peroroncino), a Town Locked Primal Invoker (Shiva, Heritor of Frost) was killed.

Someone tried to kill ???. but failed.

Y'shtola Rhul (Natalija), was revived as Town Vanilla.

It is Day 3. With 18 alive, it is 10 to lynch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.